qns abt ancient mod...

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

jkoh

qns abt ancient mod...

Post by jkoh » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:00 pm

Hello im new here.

Im was wondering if I download the mod, will I still be able to play Diablo 2 Lod(the original one)? Can I use the mod in multiplayer? How do I use the mod?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by onyx » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:51 pm

*This topic has been moved from General Diablo 2 Discussion to Ancients : The Fury Within*

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: qns abt ancient mod...

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:02 am

Ancients: The Fury Within runs on v1.09, but you can have two versions running together. MickyBIs came up with an elegant solution for setting up multiple versions.

First, with 1.09 installed, make a complete set of dlls in a backup directory. You can copy the 1.09 patch_d2.mpq there also. Copy game.exe and rename the copy to game109.exe. (I actually have game109b.exe and game109d.exe, and backups of both versions.) Then update to 1.10. You can have any number of different game.exe files, just make sure the names are unique and you target the appropriate version instead of diablo ii.exe.

Second, for each mod running in 1.09x, copy the dlls from your backup set, but don't overwrite any that came from the mod. Point your shortcut or launching script to game109.exe with the mod directory in Start In (shortcut method).

Use the shortcut and 1.09 will load, otherwise you have an unblemished 1.10 for vanilla running or use with newer mods.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”