*]The Copper Coronet[* (BGmod OT)

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:24 am

In NWN I restarted a level 11 (!) cleric because I didn't like his skin color, then restarted him again at level 7 because I got the color of the tattoos wrong, then made a nice looking armor with the toolset (no attributes except for haste, and light armor, so I wasn't cheating or anything), then discovered I had spelled it Skarr Huranbane instead of Hurinbane and his hairstyle didn't match the armor, and restarted again!

;)

Level 6 now, with the right colors and head and black and purple and pretty. Finally *grin* :)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:35 am

haven't played NWN in a while, been thinking of studying :) thinking only tho :P also been building a data table for a little muse of mine. I'll have to consult Markus Stargazer as to how he went about building the dll to reference .txt files.

there's much i need to get up to speed with. My mom was telling me abt how I ought to go write to universities and see if I can get a scholarship based on my experience. But then again I hardly have enough experience in the field, at least so i think. So I'll go get better versed in VB/C++ and see if I'm up to taking the jump :) First step would be to write programs doncha think?

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:53 am

9 days to exams.. been doing this and that, terribly hard to concentrate on preparations.. NBA Live 2003 demo is awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on the full thing. Been trying out skinning for UT2003, but it just drives me crazy.

Gaa!! -rolls his saves vs will to study but fails-

//- Subby out_

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:34 am

and I'M DONE :D

Ihop

Post by Ihop » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:31 am

Yestarday I just drove around aimlessly, and wandered into the local mall...headed toward EB by habit.

And few minutes later I walked out with a PS2 and GGX.

That's probably the first impulsive purchase I've ever had.

On the other hand, still drooling at Shadowbane's pre-order box.

Sucks when you know GGX is the extremely watered down version of GGXplus, which is import only.

Damnit.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:24 am

8-O
// Ric kneels over in mock jealousy.
Yea the PS1 at home is faulty, so I'm amusing myself on the computer on campus.
GGX? Guilty Gear X perhaps? I dunno coz I ain't got a PS2.

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:43 am

i think that is what he means, ggx2 out in december if im correct

then xenosaga in feb and star ocean 3 and tales of destiny 2 (new ones) in march

muahahaha
=0

DFx_StainD
Paladin

Post by DFx_StainD » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:42 am

Gulity Gear X is fun. Too bad Dizzy is mediocre. She's my favorite character.
Actual Definition Of:
Assassin: One of a secret order of Muslims that, at the time of the Crusades, terrorized Christians and other enemies by secret murder committed under the influence of Hashish(Marijuana) *In short, guys who killed christians while high*

Ihop

Post by Ihop » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:10 am

Dizzy isn't that bad, just much more complicated when you are playing it than to see cpu control it. She needs to use most of her special moves to set up the opponent. Can't really be as cheap as Justice in GG.

GGX2 out in December...on Japanese PS2 only! (damnit!!!)

GGX-Plus is the real version of GGX, what we get in the States is just GGX-Plus without most of the features and more complex characteristics.

Besides, the game probably has one of the better soundtrack (good heavy metal rock) out there. (I mean, hella better than MVC2...jazz tune for a fighting game is just...lame)

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:49 pm

yeah but MvC2's gameplay is awesome. gonan get it for ps2 when it comes out. though i cant recommend virtua fighter 4. theres not much in it. i like to fight to earn something, but in vf4 theres nothing to earn. so basically the fighting is as good as it gets.
=0

Ihop

Post by Ihop » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:25 am

MVC2 is very fun to play when you got people over the place, it's flashy and features characters well known to most.

As long as the crowd would beat Cable/Iceman/Cyclop lamers to death, I guess.

Oh yes, let's not forgot Megaman scrub...

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:14 am

mvc2 best team

gambit/ryu/megaman

i pulled a 276 hit combo :)
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:40 pm

Xenobi" wrote:mvc2 best team

gambit/ryu/megaman

i pulled a 276 hit combo :)
8O wa.... I've not played much MVC2 partially due to the fact that I hardly visit these places anymore, and that I've lost interest and touch with these games (esp since MVC2 isn't on PS1.... hahaha)

Xadhum
Paladin

Post by Xadhum » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:00 pm

When is Subby going to have his exams done? So that you could get back to working with BGmod...
Mitä Diablo II olisi ilman BGmodia?

Thazac

Post by Thazac » Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:55 am

OOOOOHHHH YES! The Evil Thazac breathes fire again! Wheee! I'm back with th BG-mod, no need for applause... Okay, maybe that was not anyone's intention... :(

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? I've been doing fine practicing up my CS-skills to the peak again (for a couple o' months). Kinda lost it after playing too much (guess) well the BG-mod of course! :)

Naw, I just wanted to see if Ric and Subby is still alive and they seem to be healthy. Except for exams... :-|
Formatting brain.......40% done

Time elapsed (dd,hh,mm): 170:23:08...

P.S. At homesite click "Members" and then "Chaotic" to see me. Not that it is much to see :p

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:52 am

Guess who's back?
Back again?
Subby's back.
Tell a friend.

Ric and I are free from our academic commitments. We've discussed the future of BGmod and have arrived at somewhat a conclusion. We'll wait for Blizzard to release 1.10 for D2exp, til then we'll be tinkering around with the Siege Engine for Dungeon Siege. We know there are many bugs in 1.09, but fixing them would mean an entire work phase. We'll be trying to fix, test and try to add more goodies but if 1.10 is released, we'll have to work from scratch if there are any changes to file structures. Then again, 1.10 may never be released, so we've decided to postpone any work on BGmod indefinitely. After more discussion with Ric, we'll come up with more conclusive plans to keep you up to date.

Do feel free to discuss this issue and the future of BGmod. We'll take all views into consideration when we decide what we'll work on.

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:13 pm

at the rate 1.10 is going, it might be a very long time or not come out at all.

the version out now is cool, all it lacks is items. you think maybe you could add some more uniques and stuff and release a complete 1.06?
=0

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:22 pm

just a query. don't you think it's rather weird if we add more items, but not address some of the hardcoded bad stuff in there? Not that we can't, but it'd be a heck of a lot of digging. And I can safely tell you that via normal (or at least my) common sense, there's not much else I can do for the discrepancies in the quest stuff in act 2. It's like Blizz left a backdoor open in case they messed up, the game will still happily do what they originally intended. i.e I can change stuff, but the game can still decide that it prefers to do the original thing.

It's all quite layman because I've not gone diving in there for quite a while. Other than all the dll discrepancies, the rest of the mod is only missing more items. But once you factor in dlls and the occasional player who can't start the thing up, that's quite a lot of bugs...

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:46 pm

hrmm

well i was considering this a quick update ya know. dont know how hard it is to add items.

also. could you seal that part of the game off? like the individual parts with a map editor?

and if you can seal it could you move it to somewhere reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally out of the way?
=0

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:00 am

Honey, I'm home... err wait, wrong house :mrgreen:

Read my other post about the map Zac, I say keep the annoying locations, it makes newbies get lost, vertrans something to do, and greater mummy class monseters a rightful spot in the game.

So, planning on addind a Claw Mastery Sphere? ;)

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:41 am

Eisead" wrote:So, planning on addind a Claw Mastery Sphere? ;)
Don't make us kill you! :roll: :twisted:

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:41 pm

hah. can you make those katana's claw class so we can use the power ups?
=0

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:57 pm

Or better yet, make Staff class weapons (yes Sorceress Staffs) into Claw class weapons? That way I could whip folks with a big ninja like Stick?

@ Zac503:
That is a possiblty but it would make katanas ungoldy compared to normal claws with bounes from sword mastery shperes, charge-ups, and claw mastery.

It balance it out, they would have to make normal claws sub classed as Swords? now that would make me happy and you wouldn't have to make a new shpere

*Ducks head down and peers quickly around expecting to be smacked for mentioning New Shperes*

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:46 pm

viva la subbies new avatar!
=0

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:01 am

zac503" wrote:viva la subbies new avatar!
HoHoHo! :mrgreen:

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”