Battle Cry range animation.

We will open up modding section ones the remaster of original Diablo 2 game is released. Until then we open up a section to discuss the upcoming title.
lukenunes

Battle Cry range animation.

Post by lukenunes » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:24 pm

Hello, I come here to share my attempt to make the Battle Cry animation respect the values of distance and speed that was stipulated in missiles.txt.

If you do a quick test with Vel, MaxVel and Range you will notice that the Battle Cry animation will do what you wanted it to do when you switch the graphics to vanilla, but when switched to HD graphics, the animation rolls back to it original (but the invisible effects from range extension will apply).

So went back to my search and decided to look some .json files and found b_a_yell_shock_wave_01.json in hd/missiles, opened and think: "wtf, why so complicated?"

Doing a simple change, from a person that really don´t know how to proply use those .json files, i reached my goal: "sourceSkill": "battlecry" to "sourceSkill": "null"

Code: Select all

{
					"type": "UnitSourceSkillFilterComponent",
					"name": "entity_vfx1_UnitSourceSkillFilter",
					"sourceSkill": "null"
					}
From that the Battle Cry animation shows the extended range that you want.

So I decided to look further, and change also warcry_shockwave.json for the War Cry skill, and have no sucess. I really don´t know what I have to change, add or subtract in .json file to make it work like I did in b_a_yell_shock_wave_01.json

So here are my share of my dumbest knowlage, if someone want change Battle Cry range animation, as also my frustration to don´t know what to do for War Cry range animation.

Return to “Diablo II Resurrected Discussion”