Trouble editing Petmax on Necro's Raise Skeleton

We will open up modding section ones the remaster of original Diablo 2 game is released. Until then we open up a section to discuss the upcoming title.
Itzokaama
Botswana

Trouble editing Petmax on Necro's Raise Skeleton

Post by Itzokaama » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:49 am

Hello I'm new in the Diablo modding community and I think what I'm trying to do should be pretty simple but I can't for the love of it figure out what's wrong

I'm trying to make the Raise Skeleton skill progression work like in the original game (+1 Skeleton per level with a max of 20 instead of the 8 we have right now) I found the Skill sheet, extrated it to my mods folder (\Mods\necro\necro.mpq\data\data\global\excel)

Created a modinfo.json inside necro.mpq (made sure that the file extention was right) with the following simple lines of code pointing to the mod

Code: Select all

{
	"name": "necro",
	"savepatch": ".../"
}
located the "Raise Skeleton" at line 72 and edited the collum "Petmax" to different values to see if I could affect the game
  • Tried to put a standard value (20) to see if it would change anything... nothing
  • Tried the simple (1+lvl)
Here's how my launcher is set up

Already tried changing the mod's name all around and nothing

game simply won't change anything,

Anyone has any ideas what I might be doing wrong or a better way to achieve the result I want (one Skeleton per skill level LIKE THE CLASSIC)

Thanks in advance tho :v

thereaverofdarkness

Re: Trouble editing Petmax on Necro's Raise Skeleton

Post by thereaverofdarkness » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:31 am

There should be some line, perhaps in the calculations section, which uses a mathematical/code expression to convert input (skill level) to output (max skeletons). This would be in the Skills.txt file.

Return to “Diablo II Resurrected Discussion”