Next Patch

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

M6n6M6

Re: Next Patch

Post by M6n6M6 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:44 pm

Ya my sword has 244, but its from +max damage, and not +min damage, so maybe it is caused by the huge amount of min damage. Dunno though. Another thing that you could add for the mod, is the %slowing to monsters or whatever, the thing that slows em down, I havnt seen any of that so far, but I think it would be really cool, just keep em sorta rare like lifesteal and manasteal.
Last edited by M6n6M6 on Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimfu
Banned
Paladin

Post by Nimfu » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:59 am

well lets put it this way...the mod lets you go over the max your supose to have normally...like being have more than 11 to lit radius and where min max dmg is involved..its not supose to go over 64-127 extra dmg...thats 64 min 127 max....and as you are using only min dmg runes...im not surprised you would run into a few bugs....only thing is..you drop the item....the stats do go back to the usual max...i found that out a bit with a few prefix/suffix stuff...so be careful of that..but i would advise you to add some max dmg runes so that its even again..that might solve some bug issues.
And the peasants rejoyce..."Yay!!!" <("<) <( " )> (>")>

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/icons.html When icons attack!! lol

Nimfu
Banned
Paladin

Post by Nimfu » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:01 am

i never liked slow in d2..for 1...it was a noob way to play in duels..and for reg play...it doesnt really slow monsters at all..just their animations...but the packets still go as normally...like some have seen with earlier bg mod animations with giants looking like they are going slow..but hit you from across the screen....the same thing happens when you use slow on monsters..it looks like its working..but actually all yoru getting is the visual..not the actual mechanics of monsters being slow.
And the peasants rejoyce..."Yay!!!" <("<) <( " )> (>")>

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/icons.html When icons attack!! lol

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:26 am

Well first off, being it is a "noob" way of dueling, I think thats stupid for saying that basically because win a duel any way you can, using slow is just another option. So dont sit and say "its a newb way to duel" because its not. Most newbs wouldnt know how to use slow or if they did they probably wouldnt realize how good it is. But, I guess if it doesnt work on monsters, (which is why I would like it), then I guess it would be pointless to add it. Damn that sucks, but ya know lol.

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:10 am

That's enough of the duel argument, thank you both. Anyway, as Nimfu has stated, the Slows Monster attribute does not work properly, it only modifies the display and not the reality.

Also, the maximum values for many of the attributes have been raised from vanilla D2, but the maximums do exist. I'll look into trying to put a check in the code so that it doesn't go over. Probably won't be in this next patch, though.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:19 pm

Well that kinda sucks. What about Frozen? Does that work any? Not that we need it but the Cold DMG attribute doesnt induce cold for a very long time. Maybe like 1 second after enemy is hit enemy is normal again. 1 second is too short! Oh and does Reduce Cold Duration or something like that work??
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:59 pm

Sorry for getting off topic wit the dueling subject, but I was tired, and it made me mad lol, anyway...

About the frozen thing, thats a pretty good idea, I like it, the cold duration reduce would be cool to. Oh and I noticed something, whats up with the "Spectral Damage"? Was that in vanilla d2, or was that somthing you added it, anyway, it sounds cool, and I get a "Attacker takes 1 Spectral Damage" rune lol, just wondering.
Man I really hated my last signature.

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:59 pm

Hmmmmmmm.

Maybe it's the specific rune, itself, that is buggy? Or it's actually a completely different max he's hit?
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:19 pm

You may or may not recall spectral damage as an ability of some unique monsters. It causes them to do random elemental damage when they hit you. Likewise, Attacker Takes Spectral Damage causes a monster to take random elemental damage when they hit you.

The Freezes Target attribute does work, and can even be found on some vanilla D2 items. It is in the mod as an attribute for high level water mox runes.

There's no Cold Duration Reduced mod, but it's a possiblity in the future. It certainly would be a nice mod to have.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:02 pm

Two things, can u make it so they sell mana potions :), that would help some of the sorceress and what not that use mana alot. Just a thought. Other thing, found a very odd bug... my friend did actually, we were playing, opened up the cow portal, he got killed, and ran it to get his body, he got hit by a cow before he did it, and the cow blew up, then, he accidently punched a cow, and it blew up, he was naked, and was not hacked or anything, it was very strange, so he was like, dude, take off ur stuff, and kill cows, so we did, and whever a cow would go to attack us, it would blow up, so then I thought it may just be in cows, which it wasnt, I went to a few different places, and whenver I had my equipment off, the cows blew up and I killed them easily by punching them, but as soon as I put my stuff back on, it didnt work anymore... odd bug, but its fun to play with lol.

EDIT: Oh and Spectral damage is awesome then lol.
Last edited by M6n6M6 on Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GKZ
Banned
Crusader

Post by GKZ » Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:37 am

OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

you guys...we need 1 mod in this game, all others can be exluded for this

ias

Poop Loops

Post by Poop Loops » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:49 pm

Axes. They need some advantage. They are just like mauls, but without 150% damage to UD. Perhaps making 125% damage to demons? (since all act bosses are demons, 150% might be too much). Dunno if this is just my luck, but it seems like I am getting a ton of %mana recovery runes, and hardly any mox runes with +damage. My barb has like 140% faster mana recovery. At level 15.

Other than that the mod kicks ass. I haven't gotten a cube yet, so I don't know anything about transmuting.

Also, I like the kill counter :D

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:26 am

I agree. Far too much mana recovery. Especially on armours :)
New Dawn (X)
North Star

puppyerik

Post by puppyerik » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:19 am

A few things,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not.

It seems that weapon damage isn't affected by strength at all. I have a level 15 druid with:
* 40 str
* a broad sword with 1-8 damage and +45 AR (with modifiers)
* large charm with 1-5 lightning damage

and at most I do 2-13 damage total.

Where could I find information about cube recipies?

For some unknown reason, the game crashes every once in a while. Yesterday it was only once, today twice. I'm not sure why this happens though. However, I know that one of the errors I remember was a failure to spawn an item rune.

What is the probability of getting class specific items? I seem to keep getting bombarded by numerous barb helms and rarely ever get a druid pelt. Random generator fritzy? :P

If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know. :)

Oh, and completely unrelated, but who's idea was it to blow up avatars to uniform size? And why so big? Heh, sorry. I'm just used to 36x36 avatars from another forum I troll. :)
Last edited by puppyerik on Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
I hate emoticons. Oh, and I'm back. Heh.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:58 pm

I would very much like to see a way of including requirements on armours and weapons. May be a bit hard, perhaps +1 to str req on armour for every ten runes, with a base requirement of 10, with weapons gaining +1 str req every five runes, and +1 dex req every 15 runes, with vice versa for ranged weapons obviously.

puppyerik

Post by puppyerik » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:21 pm

Maxx Power";p="85750" wrote:I would very much like to see a way of including requirements on armours and weapons. May be a bit hard, perhaps +1 to str req on armour for every ten runes, with a base requirement of 10, with weapons gaining +1 str req every five runes, and +1 dex req every 15 runes, with vice versa for ranged weapons obviously.
Er, wouldn't you need stat requirements on the element parts as well?

fire = str
water = magic
earth = vit
wind = dex
light = str as well
prismatic = all

Also the requirements should scale depending on the level of rune, level of the stat required, and also how good the modifier is, say you have this:

Char lvl 5
Char dex lvl 20
Lvl 5 mox (wind)
+10 max damage (mod rating based on rarity and strength of modifiers)(10 out of 100, most max damage mods are +1 to +3)

(stat lvl req)=1/2[(rune lvl) x (mod rating)]

I.E.

x=1/2[5x10]
x=1/2[50]
x=25

This rune requires lvl 25 dextertiy to use on any weapon. You cannot use it yet.

I doubt it'd work though, at least at some point you can use this unlike my previous formula:

(stat lvl req)=[1/2(mod rating)][(rune lvl)x ((char lvl)/(char stat lvl))]
Because the char lvl and char stat lvl aren't constant, you'd never be able to use the rune because the requirement would rise along with you. :P At least I came up with something a bit more manageable. :)

If you find any flaws let me know, you can only know so much from algebra 2. ;P
Last edited by puppyerik on Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate emoticons. Oh, and I'm back. Heh.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:07 am

The problem is the base items have very low requirements, and the code Sir_General wrote doesn't increase them when you add rune stats to them. It wouldn't be hard for him to calculate the difference between a current stat and an initial stat (which would be 0 if not a base stat) on an item, then divide by some factor to get the character stat requirement. Say for example you have 100% enhanced defense, but the item base is 0%, and you need another level for every 2% increase, so you would have to be L50+ to use it.

Items with multiple stats would get each stat evaluated separately, and the highest character stat (level, str, dex, maybe vit and enr, possibly other stats) would rule for all calculations based on that stat. So if one mod required level 25 and str 50, the next level 15 and dex 65, and another stat level 30 and str 40, then the resulting requirement for the item would be level 30, str 50 and dex 65.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:26 am

sounds like a good way to do it. I say this simply because I have a barbarian with base str and dex and about 300+ vit, and he's doing enough damage to get by, and has enough AR. In other words, stat points are only going towards vitality and energy, leaving out dex and str. Since people only put points in to get the requirements for the stuff their using, putting reqs back in may be a good idea

EDIT: A problem i've just thought of is if a person puts a mod on a weapon/armour that they have just enough in the way of stats to use, and it becomes useless due to the high reqs. Maybe they should be kept out and the requirements based on level (a good way would be to set the items level to the highest ilvl of rune used on it, as ilvl for a character is usually around the characters level (provided they've gone through the game normally))
Last edited by Maxx Power on Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:16 am

Or just disable the rune upgrade if it would kick the item requirement above the current character (base) stats.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:35 pm

Problem is it will always set the requirements to base stats, whatever they are. Meaning stats wont be used anyway. One thought of mine was to increase the bonuses gained by strength and dexterity e.g. For melee weapons str/dex being 10/0 rather than 100/0, and similarly for ranged weapons. For dex increases, have +20 to attack rating a +2 defense per dex. I know this would help early on due to very low attack rating and defense availble.

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:33 am

That would likely be a Very Good Idea™
New Dawn (X)
North Star

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:28 am

Could you include a text file with all the cube recipies in? It's just because I can't be bothered to check the files and decipher the code each time!
Thanks

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:58 pm

Another thing - What exactly do jewels do in this game? Because you can't find socketed items, and the socket quest has been changed. Could you make them like runes, so you could transfer the properties of the jewel to the weapon/armour/whatever.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:33 pm

They are just for being sold. Also try to use the edit feature if no one has replied already :)
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Sorry about that Rhon :oops:

I was just playing with the cube recipies, and made a new one to change all mox runes to a level 3 lightning mox rune, just for testing. It turned out that all I could get was + to attack rating. I didn't see + damage at all, out of over 30 cubings. Is this a bug? If it is, please fix ;)

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”