Having a strange problem

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

Kuroneko

Having a strange problem

Post by Kuroneko » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:27 pm

Testing the beta, I can't open the goody bag, and any runes i find only have "Yil rune" or "Fire rune" etc. I downloaded the full version of the mod, but i'm not sure if i put it in the right directory, or something.... oh, and the stat screen graphics are right, but the text doesn't line up, and there is no kill counter. I know i'm doing something wrong. maybe i extracted the zip file to the wrong location?

It's C:\Program Files\Diablo II\modbetafull. Can someone please help me out with this, because i'm kinda clueless here. Thanks

MikeTheGreat
Arch-Angel

Post by MikeTheGreat » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:53 pm

This is what I did. It works for me:

Copy mod files (patched DLLs as well) into D2 directory

Shortcut Taret: "(original directory)" -direct -txt /dll "(directory\SGRuneMod.dll)"

^ Parenthesis aren't needed, just doing that to make it seem more simple.

Hope this helps. ;)
- Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword -

Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko » Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:30 pm

Thanks, Mike. I tried to do that on my other computer, but i must have had something set up wrong. but it works now. Thanks for your help

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:17 pm

Yeah, I did the STUPIDEST thing ever.... I copyed that line onto my shortcut, but, everything on it was set to C drive, BUT my D2 in on my D drive. Well, I couldn't get it to work or anything, so, I uninstalled my D2.... while doing that I looked that the shortcut, smacked myself in the head and cursed at the wall for a min or two while installing D2/LoD AGAIN. I r smat! :mrgreen:
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

WoTRaptoR

Post by WoTRaptoR » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:48 pm

Lol keesh, don't feel too bad, I did the same thing, only I noticed it before uninstalling. Course, I already told you that, so... ^^.

Kalzar

Post by Kalzar » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:25 pm

I did the same thing with the dll part.

thezed

Post by thezed » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:14 pm

I did even worse....with all the mods ive been playing, and the one of my own im working on, my files were so messed up i had to do a new install to get ANYTHING to work.

Rath

Re: Having a strange problem

Post by Rath » Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:19 am

I was having the same problem as Kuroneko so I did what MikeTheGreat
said but i get this error message saying something like "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACESS_VIOLATION c0000005"

I don;t know what to do! :cry:
Blahhahahargh! It won't work!

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”