persistance ... or just give up?

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

Retrop

persistance ... or just give up?

Post by Retrop » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:25 pm

ok ... i have just recently come back to playing with the Rune Mod ... it is the only mod I use and pretty much from reading descrips of others ... the only one i will want to play ... bad thing is that i am one of those unlucky ones that are stuck on the crashing Duriel bug ... to be so close to bieng able to finish my least favorite act and go to my fave act is ... well frustrating ... meanwhile ... i am building awsome equip ... before you all think i am here to whine or such ... it is actually just to ask a question or 3 ...

what the main question i want to know is this ... should i keep trying to take out Duriel in the hopes that i will do "this time" before it crashes ... or should i just give up till a patch comes out? ... i mean ... it stands to reason that if i try the Brute Force method enough times ... i "might" get lucky and knock him down enuff before he (Duriel) does whatever it is he does animation-wise that makes it crash ... but I am on try 30 or so now ... is it even possible? ... or have i been crazy for trying for the amount of times i already have? ...

so ... if anyone out there knows or has an opinion ... lets hear from ya ... thanks all ...

by the by ... to just sound like most of the other posts i have caught up reading on ... i guess i have to ask it also ... any Update on when a patch *might* be forthcoming? ... the 1.1 patch makes my mouth water with all the goodness mentioned ... ok ... off i run to try Duriel a few more times whilst i await for a response ... .

-Porter
aka
-Retrop
aka
Dalieden@comcast.net
Last edited by Retrop on Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murdoch

Re: persistance ... or just give up?

Post by Murdoch » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:28 am

Havent had the Duriel crash thing but... Come to think of it, the mod crashes a lot for me with the beetles and the super unique beetles quite a bit. Also when using some act 2 runes. Act 2 does seem to be a bit on the buggy side, might there be some issue here?

Anyone else get simillar events?

Oh well now to read through all the modding stuff to take a peek at where the flaw may lie and become a modder myself in the process.

Damn you Sir_General for not having lackeys to check your code!

And hope the semester went well.

Shiznits and Gizzigles.
Use what thou will shall be the whole of the web.
File under will, file is the web.

Sylver

Post by Sylver » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:48 am

Well lads, I might have the answer to your problems.

The issue was mentioned a long while ago, and it seems to have died off. But what the problem is here is that there is something wrong with the animation speeds, and it only seems to have effect when facing the lightning scarabs or duriel. I thought it has something to do with the fact that S_G made all the weapon speeds the same.

The cause of the crash is the fact that your weapon or some other part of your equipment has cold damage on it. This cold damage causes the game to crash. The only thing I could suggest is to take that part of your equipment off, or just never to apply any cold damage runes at all.

Hopes this helps you out...
SG Runemod mirror: http://sylver_4.tripod.com/ (v1.01 + new launcher)

Murdoch

Post by Murdoch » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:23 pm

[quote=Sylver";p="178962"]...problem is here is that there is something wrong with the animation speeds, and it only seems to have effect when facing the lightning scarabs or duriel. I thought it has something to do with the fact that S_G made all the weapon speeds the same.

The cause of the crash is the fact that your weapon or some other part of your equipment has cold damage on it. This cold damage causes the game to crash. The only thing I could suggest is to take that part of your equipment off, or just never to apply any cold damage runes at all.

Hopes this helps you out...[/quote]

Bummer, but thanks. Mabye turning the settings down while in act 2 will improve the situation. :-|
Use what thou will shall be the whole of the web.
File under will, file is the web.

Retrop

Post by Retrop » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:36 am

well ... i personally have no cold dmg on my weapon ((or even on my armour)) ... but my merc is a cold arrow rogue ... and lvl 32 ... guess i will have to wait for her to die before i try to do duriel again ... thanks alot for the info ... will let ya know how it works out ... i just do not want to get rid of her as she just hit lvl 32 ...

-Porter
aka
-Retrop

Retrop

Post by Retrop » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:23 pm

that did the trick ... most of the way thru act 3 now ... again .. .thanks ...

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”