Rune Mod or Heaven Storm?

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

Psycho Chickenz

Re: Rune Mod or Heaven Storm?

Post by Psycho Chickenz » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:07 pm

Does this mean that characters from the previous rune mod won't be compatiable with the new one?
I know what you're thinking and if I told you, you'd think I was talking in centimetres.

sarcasticzombie

Post by sarcasticzombie » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:14 am

I just have to say, your rune mod has always been my favorite and that new screenshot is amazing. I'm officially holding my breath until you have a playable release!

*gasp*

Sylver

Post by Sylver » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:56 pm

Great! Neat! Super! lol

I really like the runemod and am looking forward to the 1.10 release, but ehhh.. could you give us a scoop on what those elemental symbols stand for? Pretty please??
SG Runemod mirror: http://sylver_4.tripod.com/ (v1.01 + new launcher)

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:18 am

Let's see here...

Watcher - you've got a very keen eye for things... you pretty much nailed things on the head.

Psycho Chickenz - well, I suppose I could try to make them compatible, but you'd probably miss out on all the really good stuff so it'd be better to start from scratch

Sylver - let's see here... starting at the top and going clockwise... Water, Wind, Lightning, Dark, Fire, Earth, Physical, and Holy. Each element has two support elements, which are the two touching it (in Water's case, Wind and Holy, in Fire's case Dark and Earth). They also have an opposite, which is on the other side of the circle (Fire is Water's opposite and vice-versa), and they have what's called a charge elemenet, which is two to the right going clockwise (Water's charge is Lightning, Fire's charge is Physical). The element levels on an item will be slightly modified to adjust for these... Having items with support elements will boost the effects of the elements, while having opposites will lower the effect. The charge will lower the effect at first, but once it reaches the threshold it will boost the effect at an increasingly higher amount. Supports, opposites, and charges are calculated by the elements you choose for your character, on a single item, and it spills over between items. You can have one item with fire and one with water, but they will slightly hurt each (not so much that you can't very your elements, just a little). However, having two items with water will slightly increase the effect of both. The same goes for support and charge elements.

EDIT:

Oh and a little thing about the character elements on the screenshot. As you can see, they can go up to fifteen in each, however an element and it's opposite can only have a total of fifteen. That means if you have 10 Water, you can only have 5 Fire. If you have 7 Water, you can have up to 8 Fire. If you have 15 Water, then you can't have any Fire. Since your character elements effect your stats and will impact the effects from items, that's something to keep in mind.
Last edited by Sir_General on Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

Psycho Chickenz

Post by Psycho Chickenz » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:46 am

Wow, sounds complicated.Should be fun ;)

[quote=Sir_General";p="147043"]
I suppose I could try to make them compatible, but you'd probably miss out on all the really good stuff so it'd be better to start from scratch
[/quote]

Don't waste any time on it then, we don't want it to take any longer than needed.
I know what you're thinking and if I told you, you'd think I was talking in centimetres.

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:23 pm

If getting opposing elements means that A) They won't be as powerful as they should be, and B) you caon only have 15 points max in both added together, then why should anyone go near the idea of having two opposing elements? Is there any incentive for it?
D2 characters: level 47 sorceress
Sir_Generals Rune Mod characters: level 36 amazon, level 25 barbarian

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:28 pm

Thanks for the explanation of the new system, Sir_General. I like it! If I understood your post correctly, these are the relationships between the elements:

Water: Opposed by Fire, charged by Lightning, supported by Holy and Wind.
Wind: Opposed by Earth, charged by Dark, supported by Water and Lightning.
Lightning: Opposed by Physical, charged by Fire, supported by Wind and Dark.
Dark: Opposed by Holy, charged by Earth, supported by Lightning and Fire.
Fire: Opposed by Water, charged by Physical, supported by Dark and Earth.
Earth: Opposed by Wind, charged by Holy, supported by Fire and Physical.
Physical: Opposed by Lightning, charged by Water, supported by Earth and Holy.
Holy: Opposed by Dark, charged by Wind, supported by Physical and Water.

One thing, I'm not sure I understood is the relationship between your own elemental points and the element of an item. For example, would you get extra bonuses for a Fire item if you had points in Fire? And penalties if you have points in Water? What if you have the same number (say, 7) points in each?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Assertion Failure".
--The Modding Bible, Gospel of Jeff

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:32 am

Hmmm... perhaps a better explanation on how items and runes will work.

Item's won't have elemental levels... at least not in the same way as they did last time. Instead, they have what I would call elemental energy. Items will gain this energy through special Runes and through some kind of level/useage system. Runes that give magical mods will give these mods based on an item's elemental energy... something along the lines of - +1 Attack Rating Per 10 Water - or whatever. Now, when determining just how much Water you have for the magic mod, the Water on your character, on other items, the support on your character/other items, the charge on your char/items, and the opposite on your char/items comes in to play. And so does the Water on the item, obviously. However, the elemental energy on an item play another role as well. When you want to put a magical mod on an item, like the + Attack Rating, it costs you a certain amount of elemental energy from that item. The energy is removed permanently. When adding the modding, elemental energy on the character and other items is NOT counted, however the support/charge/opposite elements on the same item do count. They will either raise or lower the cost (depending on the what you have on the item). So in this version, you can make a Fire and Water item, however the effects of every rune you put on it for both elements will be lessened and it will cost more to put magical mods onto the item. And of course I'm still making adjustments and changes to the system so all of this is subject to complete and utter change (not likely).

Anyway, it looks like you got all of the opposites, supports, and charges right on your list.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:37 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds neat. :)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Assertion Failure".
--The Modding Bible, Gospel of Jeff

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:47 pm

I'll second that, I can't wait! As a minor nitpick, S_G: Could you post updates more often than once a month please?!

the_brainaic

_Fetus_

Post by _Fetus_ » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:29 am

Sounds complicated :-|.. but fun. cant wait!
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?

- Chris Rock

Sylver

Post by Sylver » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:28 pm

Sound very complicated to me too, but heck i'll just see it when it's finished. Good luck with the mod!!!
SG Runemod mirror: http://sylver_4.tripod.com/ (v1.01 + new launcher)

Borgin
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Borgin » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:18 am

Sir_General :?:

I have a few questions.

1. How far is the Rune Mod? Your website has not been updated in over 3 months, and I am anxious to see how it's turned out so far.

2. Could you update your site? I'd like some more information on the Mod, and the few cryptic shreds of knowledge you've given out... are just that, few and cryptic :)

3. Is something wrong with your email address? It has not worked for some time now.

If someone else has any answers to these questions, please tell me. Thanks.

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:33 pm

To answer your questions:

1. I don't really know how to answer this. I guess you could say it's pretty far. I've done a lot of different things, but there's still a lot left to do. At the moment I'm looking at multiplayer and server stuff so we can all play the mod together.

2. Well... I guess I could... but then I'd probably end up spending my time working on the web site and not the mod :mrgreen:

3. What e-mail address are you using and does anyone else have this problem? If you sent me an e-mail and never got a response it doesn't mean I didn't receive the e-mail... Anyway, the e-mail address to use is sir_general@d2mods.com, which ought to be working fine.

4. What was question four again?

Borgin
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Borgin » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:52 pm

S_G:

My answers to your answers! :mrgreen:

1. Great! I'm ecstatic to hear that. Keep up the hard work. Let's just say that from what your mod looks like, I'm glad I'm not good at code editing.
Example: :break:

2. Well if you'd stop working on the mod, Don't update your site! Maybe when you're all done.

3. Copied and pasted straight from my old sent email:

sir_general@d2mods.com <sir_general@d2mods.com>

4. What was your answer to question four again? ;)

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:48 pm

3. Copied and pasted straight from my old sent email:

sir_general@d2mods.com <sir_general@d2mods.com>
Well, I'm not sure why that doesn't work... I just got an e-mail from someone else to that address... I guess you can always send me a private message on the forum here...

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:12 pm

All though Runemod looks very promising i would also like to hear more about Heaven Storm. Have you made any progress on it are you more into Runemod?

WoTRaptoR

Post by WoTRaptoR » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:51 pm

I love you SG. I am prepared to build shrines in your honor as soon as this mod is released. I don't know how much time we're looking at, but no matter how long it takes you to finish it I just want to say that you can count on me to be a big player of this mod (Not to mention a beta tester when and if that time comes.)

Keep up the good work :).

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:37 pm

More updates please! The tid-bits of info that we are getting look awesome, and the screenshots are very nice as well. But could you feed us a bit more?
Last edited by the_brainaic on Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:40 am

Is any Version of the Runemod available at the time for 1.10?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:42 am

Not yet.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

battle_plans

Post by battle_plans » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:42 am

sir_generals i have to give u prass i only got into this mod think about a week ago iv read ever review on d2 mods and yours i have to say looks the COOLEST man how did u come up with an idea like this im glad your working on a new rune mod hope its done soon but i'v been havin troble finding your website can u give it to me plz:D thxs

Eltear
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Eltear » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:10 am

The website is here.

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”