game crashed after killing a scarab

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

LotU

game crashed after killing a scarab

Post by LotU » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:41 pm

i finaly got it with my ama to the worm tunnels (sorry dont know the english name for it :) in act 2 and in lvl3 killed a scarab boss with fana aura and the game crashed :x :cry:

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Re: game crashed after killing a scarab

Post by Rhonlore » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:18 pm

It was probobly just a random crash. Dont worry too much about it.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:03 pm

In any case, you would need to post crash information, as is explained up front in the General Mod Making and Code Editing forums.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

epsilion

Post by epsilion » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:39 am

I crash every time i kill unique or champion beetles. There doesnt seem to be a crash log anywhere. And my cpu expiernces lots of slow down after the crash, ussualy making me restart.
Evolution of Man-4 steps
God makes Man
Man makes War
Man makes Gun
Man destroys God

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:36 am

Crash logs will be in your Diablo II folder, with names like D2yymmdd.txt, where yymmdd is the date. You will see a lot of information about starting games, then something like

Code: Select all

15:16:58.843  --------  FILE: urce\D2Common\UNITS\UnitRoom.cpp    LINE: 23  --------

Assertion Failure
Location : urce\D2Common\UNITS\UnitRoom.cpp, line #23   <--- module in error
Expression : DungeonTestRoomGame ( hRoom, nX, nY)       <--- violated condition
or

Code: Select all

20:10:41.986  ***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
20:10:41.986  Fault address:  6FC5B038 01:0002A038 D:\Diablo_II\D2Game.dll
20:10:41.986  eax:00000001 ebx:05c4163c ecx:00000000 edx:05c41600 esi:00000242
20:10:41.986  edi:00000000 ebp:00000000 esp:0012ecd4 eip:6fc5b038 flg:00010202
20:10:41.986  cs:001b ds:0023 es:0023 ss:0023 fs:003b gs:0000
which is the start of the actual error report. You only need this error header and about twenty lines or so of the following stack dump, don't post the entire report.
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Steel Rain

Post by Steel Rain » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:57 pm

Well, at least it only crashes when you kill one...

I had the same problem, but it already crashes when one of those stupid bugs merely touches me.
I already sent SG the crashglog, though.

Yet, that's nothing compared to a crash when you've got a certain red giant demon-bunny down to a silver of his health.
"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

Sylver

Post by Sylver » Wed May 07, 2003 10:40 am

I've never crashed because of a scarab before. Good thing I run away from them anyhow :)
SG Runemod mirror: http://sylver_4.tripod.com/ (v1.01 + new launcher)

Aristabulus

Post by Aristabulus » Fri May 09, 2003 5:27 pm

I crashed today just attacking a scarab... :( Maggot Lair 2, LE scarab, playing a bowazon... I had hit him a few times in a tunnel (scarab at about 5 oclock), then drew him out to a chamber so my rogue merc could help... The crashing attack occured when the scarab was at 9 oclock...
Last edited by Aristabulus on Fri May 09, 2003 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? --Thulsa Doom

Gymndefender

Post by Gymndefender » Thu May 15, 2003 7:51 pm

I'm having the same problem... The game crashes every time I fight a scarab. I think it may be the scarab's lightning enchantment procing? not sure...

Anyway... I looked for the error report to post it as you guys requested, but could not find it... so I attemped to follow the instructions the new loader was giving me about replacing the bll files w the dll files. Since I could not find any bll files and the game was crashing every time I tried cut and pasting the files in the backup folder into the main folder overwriting the existing files.... Unfortuanately now my character won't load. It says something about faulty inventory info. Clearly a bad move. Hehe.

I guess that means that the character is prolly toast, which I can live with... (was only 13 Hehe) But I would not like to have it happen again... Any info or advice on how to avoid this in the future or how to better report the problem so it can be fixed would be appreciated. :)

Gymndefender

Post by Gymndefender » Thu May 15, 2003 10:29 pm

Ok.... I think I figured out the bll dll thing... or at least how to get the game to work again when it's constantly locking up... I had not realized that the mod actually works off the origional diablo folder.... for some reason I assumed that it was self-contained... It seemed obvious from there:

Once I realized that, I had to reinstall and then I made a copy of the origional "straight" DII folder to use for back-up next time I have a prob. Not a big deal... by moding standards. Hehe...

I just hope that all my early crashes are not a sample of things to come... Pretty cool mod though. Now I just need to learn to do some moding myself so that I can mix and match good ideas. :)

b00z3r

Post by b00z3r » Sun May 18, 2003 5:06 am

I have never crashed killing one and i dont run away. its probably just some random crash.

rodrigj

Post by rodrigj » Tue May 20, 2003 9:26 am

Hello,

I'm pretty new at posting here, but my level 28 spearazon and my level 15 lightning sorceress are here too prove that I play the mod for some times now : great idea and mod...

About the scarab : it happens to me too, but not always... I have too some random crash when opening the big coofer (white and red ) in act II... For me it's happens when the game try to generate some buggy treasure...

regards,

jpr
Not enough mana!

dudeman734

Post by dudeman734 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:33 pm

will the error report be in diablo 2's folder or S_G's folder? I found something that looks like an error report in S_G's folder, but I also found reports in the diablo 2 folder similar to the way they have been described, ie d2030704. which one is the one I send to S_G for inspection?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:06 pm

In-game errors still go to the Diablo II folder, to files with D2yymmdd.txt names. You should send that file to Sir_General, but if the other file in the mod directory also lists errors that occurred in the same session send both.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

FourX11gd

Post by FourX11gd » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:17 pm

Hello, 2 week reader 1st time poster here, I already looked through the forum and I couldn't find the answere I was looking for. I'll e-mail Sir_General my crash logs when I get home. Anyhow to my question, other than uninstaling and reinstalling the game and the mod, has anyone found a way to either bypass duriel or defeat him without the crash? (I seem to have the same crash as most other people here who crash at him the animation glitch due to attack speeds). Thanks in advance.

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”