Log on Time

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Log on Time

Post by Trevor » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Is there a place in the user control panel that I can change the length of time I am logged on to the forum before getting auto logged off? I get auto logged off in what appears to be around 20-30 minutes. I would like to increase this time if possible. Thank you.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Jeewdew
Paladin

Re: Log on Time

Post by Jeewdew » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Seems odd - never touchede anything about settings except timezone and I'm NEVER loggede out - not even after 14 days away from the site...

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Sounds like a cookie issue! Do you use any browser adons that might be clearing your cookies

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Volf" wrote:Sounds like a cookie issue! Do you use any browser adons that might be clearing your cookies
Well, IDK honestly. This is what I know. I can stay logged on the SNEJ forever and my google email never logs me off. All the same browser.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:18 pm

I never get logged out, too. Using chrome, try to reinstall your browser, as maybe some addons block this, as sites use different platforms.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:50 pm

I've been having the same problem for a while now. Thought I was the only one and didn't want to complain about it, but seeing as others are reporting this problem...

Even when checking the "auto-login" check box, I constantly get logged out. The auto-login used to work just fine. The problem seems to happen only on this site. As far as I remember, it started happening after we had the domain change (after the move from phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com to d2mods.info). I do not use any anti-virus or anything that could somehow delete cookies for any reason. I use Google chrome as my main browser.

Edit: problem still persists since I've posted this, becoming quite of an annoyance. Reinstalled browser to see if it would change, didn't work. I only use adblock and check-range as extensions. Problem only occurs on this site. I have to login pretty much every time I come back on the site.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 am

Hm doesn't seem to be a cookie issue (cookie times is set to unlimited from the sites side and to one year on the server side) and only seems to happen to some members, that leads me to believe its isp or rather ip related.
Changed some ip validation settings, lets see if it changes anything.

prawn
Paladin
Great Britain

Post by prawn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:50 pm

mine logged me out for first time today in months!

Return to “Feedback”