Downloading files

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

No votes

Total votes: 0

Jarulf
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Downloading files

Post by Jarulf » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:40 pm

I tried to download the clean txt files of this site. I ended up on fileplanet on some index page (appearantly main page). No files ever downloaded.

So how DO one download? And is there some alternative way? Also, I noted the 1.07 version of the files were not available for download. The version shiped on the expansion CD is 1.07, right? Are they available in some way?

I currently don't have the game installed and can't install it either for various reasons.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:24 pm

When you get to that Fileplanet page, you should see the name of the file you want to download at the top of the page.

Scroll down until you get to the public (free) server links, and download. All the file planet pages look the same...they aren't main index files.

Don't bother using the download links toward the top of the page unless you've signed up for the paid service at Fileplanet (and the only reason to do that is you never have to wait in line...most people use the free links farther down the page).

We don't have 1.07 file in our possession (at least I don't...maybe Phrozen Heart does), and they aren't currently available here at the Keep.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:07 am

The 1.07 txt files are in d2exp.mpq (and that file is on the CD too). If you don't have that, or you ended up with a later release that skipped right over 1.07 PM me with what file(s) you want and where I should send them. (I made a complete revision history when I reinstalled on my new machine, if the Keep is ever interested in the older files).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

shadow5631

help!

Post by shadow5631 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:42 am

can any 1 help me run/ install mods/ chars from online?

Horacer77
Champion of the Light

Re: help!

Post by Horacer77 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:34 am

shadow5631" wrote:can any 1 help me run/ install mods/ chars from online?
Can you explain a little bit.
As for realm chars on single player just rename it. IE Put a .d2s after the name. This works cause I do it all the time. Is this what you want to do?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Downloading files

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:42 pm

Jarulf" wrote:I tried to download the clean txt files of this site. I ended up on fileplanet on some index page (appearantly main page). No files ever downloaded.
With fileplanet being the everlasting piece of junk that it is, not only does it periodically throw up "file not found" messages for the same file you downloaded two minutes ago but also on occasion the script freaks out somewhat and rather than getting your download page, you actually got the fileplanet index page. As mentioned before, we would love to use another source to distribute our files but unfortunately we don't have the financial resources to run something with the required space and bandwidth capacities :roll:
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

FirEFroG
Paladin

It would be awesome

Post by FirEFroG » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:16 am

it would be awesome if PhrozenKeep had its own downloads page for the mods... It would make life, well the d2 modding side of it, a whole lot easyer to access... personally i dont mind using fileplanet but i have got the index page to fileplanet like 6 times, the upside is that with modding the download waits are so short... infact i haven't had to wait more then a min.
"I came. I saw. I was lit on FIRE!"
Thanks, The FroG
spin wrote:Now, who has the rules for the new cat?:P
Corrupted Death mod - Website - Forum

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:24 pm

The servers themselves are actually pretty good, it's just when the screwy download scripts want to let you access them...
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Return to “Feedback”