Anyone having problems loading the site in FF3 Beta3?

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

CoreInsanity

Anyone having problems loading the site in FF3 Beta3?

Post by CoreInsanity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:03 pm

For some reason, the site is loading extremely slow for me on FF3 Beta3, however on other browsers it loads decently. I have disabled all my plugins, so its starting to sound like a bug in FF3b3.

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Moved

Post by AdiTT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:17 pm

*This topic has been moved from Off-Topic to Feedback*

As it is a question related to the site itself I think the Feedback phorum will be the right place for it.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

I have had no problems with beta 2 or beta 3, though i haven't used beta 3 much, couple of hours last week, might just be a browser setting...
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

CoreInsanity

Post by CoreInsanity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:11 pm

[quote=AdiTT";p="377520"]*This topic has been moved from Off-Topic to Feedback*

As it is a question related to the site itself I think the Feedback phorum will be the right place for it. [/quote]

Ah, sorry. I was not quite sure on that myself (As its feedback and not support). Thanks for the move though.

[quote=Necrolis";p="377521"]I have had no problems with beta 2 or beta 3, though i haven't used beta 3 much, couple of hours last week, might just be a browser setting...[/quote]

It could be, come to think of it. I forgot that I tweaked FF quite a bit in the settings area - will start looking around in that to see what I can find.

Thanks.
Last edited by CoreInsanity on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:39 pm

If you are talking Gran Paradiso, then yes, I do have issues loading the site in it...it will attempt to load the contact buttons and crash...the "profile buddy PM" etc under everyone's post...

malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

CoreInsanity

Post by CoreInsanity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:30 pm

I fixed it. I disabled the caching before, apparently doing that made this site load slow (Don't have problems on any other sites). Anyway, turned that back on and gave it a little while of using the site with the caching on and it seems to be fixed.

[quote=Malachai29";p="377532"]If you are talking Gran Paradiso, then yes, I do have issues loading the site in it...it will attempt to load the contact buttons and crash...the "profile buddy PM" etc under everyone's post...

malachai[/quote]

Not sure what the Code name is for it, but its Firefox Version 3.0b3. If you are crashing, id disable all your extensions and such and see if it fixes it, if it does turn extensions on one by one until it crashes. Then you know most likely which one is causing it.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Anyone having problems loading the site in FF3 Beta3?

Post by Nefarius » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:58 am

If you are crashing, why not do what they hand the beta out for in the first place, report it to the ff devs!
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

CoreInsanity

Post by CoreInsanity » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 am

[quote=Nefarius";p="377570"]If you are crashing, why not do what they hand the beta out for in the first place, report it to the ff devs![/quote]

I agree, if its not a plugin (Especially if its not a plugin supported by FF3b3 via turning the version check off in about:config). If I had any errors to report, I would, thought I am not actively looking for them so I don't really have any (I am using FF3B3 because it dosnt use more RAM than crysis sandbox 2 with a large map on very high loaded [unlike FF2, which did for me once]).

Also, I found out what it *really* was. I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 7 (Mate of mine said it was good). Not used to have a firewall up which seemed to be scanning all the incoming and outgoing packets, causing this site to load slow. Shortly after making the post about cache fixing it, it started doing it again, and I just now realized the firewall was doing that, turned it off and its all loading fast (Like it used to).
Last edited by CoreInsanity on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:59 am

You may consider using a more efficient firewall ;) -> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/ ... ewall.html
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Adventus

Post by Adventus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

My browsing is extremely faster with this firewall. Thanks.

I never realized until I installed this firewall how much Zonealarm was slowing everything down. I just love this new speed. I have a 7 megabit connection and now it feels like it.
Last edited by Adventus on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Feedback”