Registration bug

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

No votes

Total votes: 0

HighPaladin

Registration bug

Post by HighPaladin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:30 pm

Just as a heads up, it took me nearly 4 weeks to get registered to PhrozenKeep. I tried 2 other accounts, but couldn't ever get the registration email. The reason for this is that I would enter the info and the registration page would just seemingly reset. i know there was probably a problem with my info, but it didn't tell me what. May want to make sure your error reporting is working properly. Thanks!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Registration bug

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:55 am

Registration includes an e-mail notice. If you didn't receive the e-mail, something may have been wrong with the address you supplied (including server glitches). We get many bounced messages a day, and quite a few are unsuccessful "Welcome to the Keep" registration responses. Not to say that happened in your case, but that will delay the registration process when it does.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:32 am

If you didn't receive the e-mail, something may have been wrong with the address you supplied
Not necessarily, might as well been eaten by a spam filter.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:38 pm

It could be, but the bounce-backs are in the form
The original message was received at Sat, 5 Aug 2006 04:44:15 +0200
from [someIP]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<somebody@yhaoo.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <somebody@yhaoo.com>... Host unknown (Name server: .: no data known)
which in this case is an obvious server name misspelling, but is still illustrative of my point. (In the sample, personally identifiable information has been altered.)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

thetedster

Post by thetedster » Sun May 13, 2007 5:09 am

I think this needs a bump. I'm currently logged onto a friend's account since I haven't been able to make a PK forum account myself. I tried a few months ago and recently tried again, but both times after filling out all the info and submitting my registration, I'm taken directly back to the registration page with my info blank.

I've tried using three different computers, three different browsers, and three different email addresses (two gmail addresses and my college email address), but none of them work. I've checked, double, triple, quadruple checked every detail of the registration screen. I have checked in my spam folders and turned off every single spam filter. I'm never getting any sort of confirmation page or email from PK.

I'd really appreciate some help here. Either emailed to Aranan(at)gmail(dot)com or as a reply here. I'd even be happy if one of the admins would manually make me an account.
Last edited by thetedster on Sun May 13, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun May 13, 2007 5:13 am

You forgot to mention the most important thing - what is the username that you tried? Maybe it's taken, or maybe the registration went through after all, but you didn't get your activation e-mail.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Aranan-

Post by Aranan- » Sun May 13, 2007 7:34 am

I'm the friend of thetedster who borrowed his account.

Thanks for mentioning that, Onyx. I never thought my handle would be taken here (I actually imagine I signed up for it long ago and have since forgotten all about it). I feel pretty dumb now, but at least the problem is solved.

Is there any chance that some sort of message could pop up when registering along the lines of "That user name is already taken"? I doubt it'll take people as long to figure it out as it did me (6+ months), but maybe it could save a headache or two in the future? :)

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun May 13, 2007 7:37 am

Aranan-";p="323793" wrote: Is there any chance that some sort of message could pop up when registering along the lines of "That user name is already taken"?
It actually should, but I guess the code of the page is broken somewhere.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Technomage

Post by Technomage » Sun May 13, 2007 9:53 am

Aranan-";p="323793" wrote:I'm the friend of thetedster who borrowed his account.

Thanks for mentioning that, Onyx. I never thought my handle would be taken here (I actually imagine I signed up for it long ago and have since forgotten all about it). I feel pretty dumb now, but at least the problem is solved.
Possibly, it appears Aranan signed up in December 2002 and never visited or posted.
Last edited by Technomage on Sun May 13, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aranan-

Post by Aranan- » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Whoops. :)

Return to “Feedback”