Ressurecting old posts

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

100%

Total votes: 1

misharohac
Forum Regular
Angel

Ressurecting old posts

Post by misharohac » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:33 am

Dear site Administrators,

my humblest apologies for my crazy streak of poll resurrections in the Mod Concept forum the other day. I was simply interested in all the polls that people had abandonned, mainly to see if some people would pick up on them again. Obviously, my experiment was not successful, or that my "Terms are.... not acceptable", if you will.

As for the official warning I received, I will be so bold as to make a humble suggestion. If you really don't want people ressurecting old posts, then I would suggest locking them down (as you have now done with the ones that I brought to the fore), or perhaps creating some sort of auto-lockdown mechanism for posts that have not been replied to after a certain amount of days. Please try to see it from my side of things, if a post that I am interested in is NOT locked, I consider it fair game to reply to it.

Thanks for "Taking my position into consideration".

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:08 am

Well in my opinion they are old post and OLD posts. Back to 2003 (the date of most post you have), the modding process was very different than now so any contents here is probably outdated. Now, ressurecting a 1 month old post and providing GOOD infos to add to the discussion is OK. Your suggestion will be investigated.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Also, bumping a highly useful thread from just after the release of 1.10 in 2K3 to add more highly useful content or ask a question about said highly useful content would be fine, bumping a thread about some abandoned Star Wars mod and saying 'when will it come out??7?7sevenseven7777???' while it is clear that the original poster is long gone would be not fine even if the thread is only three months old.

Btw...
Please try to see it from my side of things, if a post that I am interested in is NOT locked, I consider it fair game to reply to it.
So just because I can hit someone over the head with a crowbar or run over people with a jeep means it is fair game if the cops don't catch me?
Last edited by Brother Laz on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Magiczny
Poland

Re: Ressurecting old posts

Post by Magiczny » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 am

misharohac wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:33 am
If you really don't want people ressurecting old posts, then I would suggest locking them down
They need to read the posts to determine which ones have expired. Forum administration is usually busy working on their own mods, so they do not observe everything that takes place in this forum.
Brother Laz wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 pm
while it is clear that the original poster is long gone would be not fine even if the thread is only three months old.
Depends on the topic.
Sometimes I encounter a problem myself while working on the mod - then I read what was written in the forum. If I do not read this and write a post, I will receive a warning "do not duplicate posts". However, when I find a post that raises a topic that interests me, I write an answer.

That is forum's main purpose - exchanging thoughts. "Base Mod Plugin" will be an important topic for one, tree animation for another. Just because "Base Mod Plugin" is one of the top-posted topics, do not discriminate against the intentions of people who deal with aesthetics in the game and want to somehow add animated trees gently waving in the wind.
Brother Laz wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 pm
Btw...

Please try to see it from my side of things, if a post that I am interested in is NOT locked, I consider it fair game to reply to it.

So just because I can hit someone over the head with a crowbar or run over people with a jeep means it is fair game if the cops don't catch me?
@BrotherLaz, I understand that modding is very important to us all, but there is a big difference between breaking a statutory law and going beyond the rules of a neglected forum.

After all, every forum has an archive - why do the topics that are open and waiting for an answer for years exist in current topics? Since their content has been outdated, the administration should delete them or simply add them to the archive.

Then we will avoid misunderstandings of the kind: "I have a problem ..." -> "Warning: do not duplicate posts, read forum"; "I just read your post and I have this problem too" -> "Warning: do not dig out outdated forum topics" ;.
:blizzspin: Join my group on facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/D2lodmodding/ :blizzspin:

Return to “Feedback”