Releasing a mod

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

No votes

Total votes: 0

Robby

Releasing a mod

Post by Robby » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:48 pm

My question is relating to this excerpt from the Terms of Service:

XX) Discussion of modding games in the Diablo series shall be limited to full, authorized releases in which legal entitlement to use is established by purchase and such proofs of license as determined by the copyright holders. No discussion of demo versions, shareware versions, or other promotional forms shall be allowed without the express consent of the copyright holders.

What is meant by this part:

authorized releases in which legal entitlement to use is established by purchase and such proofs of license as determined by the copyright holders.

I am not trying to be ignorant my making posts about how to give credit and such I just don't want to do the wrong thing. Do I have to buy permission to mod the game and post my mod on my web site or what? I am completly lost about the legal aspects of modding (I dont like stepping on peoples toes.) :)
Confucious said: A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Well.....sorry but he is wrong. It begins with the thought of the first step. But who really cares????

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Releasing a mod

Post by kingpin » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:52 pm

This issue is about the free demo version that you can play. That limits the gameplay. When you are releasing a mod it should be for the full version of DiabloII or DiabloII: Lord of destruction. If you are making the mod for the full version of D2 you have nothing to worry, this issue is just about the demo /shareware version.

Robby

Post by Robby » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Thank you for clearing that up. I just wanted to be on good terms with everyone when I posted my mod on my website(which I have to make :cry: :cry: :cry: ) Anyone know any good places I can make a small site just to post some personal mods and such?
Confucious said: A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Well.....sorry but he is wrong. It begins with the thought of the first step. But who really cares????

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:52 pm

You could try making a geocities website. That isnt that hard ;).

CD :)
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:19 pm

ChaoticDeath";p="160348" wrote: You could try making a geocities website. That isnt that hard ;).

CD :)
Always been a tripod person myself ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:11 am

* decides to add his :2c: *

If you know html i suggest iwebland.. but it offers no downloading for one strange reason, 50mb of space mind you...
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Return to “Feedback”