To forum mod

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

No votes

Total votes: 0

mattysimins

To forum mod

Post by mattysimins » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:19 am

I just thought i would let you know, where it says map {filtered} it is not completely filtered. click on a post above or below that and it will say "Map hªck" (yeah, with a normal a) on the little strip that has the post after and before it.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: To forum mod

Post by Alkalund » Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:13 am

Thanks for the observation mattysimins. I will move this topic to the Feedback Forum, as it is an issue that affects all forums.

spin
Retired Admin
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by spin » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:29 am

mattysimins";p="87348" wrote:I just thought i would let you know, where it says map {filtered} it is not completely filtered. click on a post above or below that and it will say "Map hªck" (yeah, with a normal a) on the little strip that has the post after and before it.
I'm not really sure what you were meaning, could you rephrase it maybe ?
zomg, no more sites!

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:06 pm

He is saying that the word filter isn't being applied to the topic names that are showed in that blue bar at the top of the page... you know, that one that contains the link to the previous topic on the left and next topic on the right.

spin
Retired Admin
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by spin » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:22 pm

Ah, that one is simple, that part never had word filtering in the first place.
The only place the subject goes through it is in the viewtopic body.

Infact, the word filter that comes default with phpbb is pretty low in functioning anyways. Next to it missing in a lot of places it's also quite easy to get around it in places where it does filter.

===============================================
Ok, up until here I was answering, below is a new part to this same issue.
===============================================

I've been twisting with this, but came to the conclusion that something should be said :
I'm getting pretty fed up with the fact that allot of users ignore the filter even where it does its work. The word h.ck is filtered, not so one can start finding new ways to write it, but it gives the message to NOT use the word entirelly, even in other forms. This goes for every word on that list.
The filter is there for a reason, and that reason is not to try and find a way to get around it...

(Disclaimer, this was an OnTopic rant, no action will be taken upon just these words of mine....)
Last edited by spin on Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zomg, no more sites!

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:03 pm

The fact that you block 'hack' (heheheee... that still works) I can understand, but why don't you block 'cheat' then?

I'm sure the l33t d00dZ will never even think of saying Hapmack, or Maph4ck, or or or...

Blocking swear words okay, but h4ckers are not necessarily B.net crackers. Read your computer history. :P Block M4ph4ck then, but not h4ck. :)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Olorin
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Olorin » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:47 pm

Yeah, every[ sibgle one of you has many a time used háck or h@ack or h4ck because D2 is a fighting game, and slashoijgn and h@cking plays a major role. :p
"For I am Olorin! And Olorin means me!"
"For I also am a steward. Did /you not know?"

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 pm

No need to continue the discussion here. It's already in progress amongst staff. ;) And all the points that have been raised here already, as well as some that remain unstated here, have already been set forth in that discussion by me.

The block was done long ago to dissuade people from brining up the topic because so many people talked about the stuff that is illegal and/or against the Terms of Service here. But I realize that perhaps it doesn't work quite like we had hoped.

Whether we keep that particular block in the "swear filter" it or ditch it remains to be seen, but rest assured we are debating the matter internally and weighing the pros and cons of both options. :)

Thanks for the input....
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Feedback”