Version 5.00 is now avaible !

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Version 5.00 is now avaible !

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 am

You can now download version 5.00 of the mod.

The main features of this version are :

1. It's time to complete your adventure!
Prepare to complete your journey in a completely new act! Act 5 will be added and many surprises are waiting for you. Will you be brave enought to enter the Realm of Shadows ?
Image Image
2. More weapons!
Version 5.00 introduce a new weapon type : the polearm. Polearms are two-handed weapons that have a high damage output and can hit foes while staying far from thems. Their damage is a bit more random than other two-handed weapons, but they have a decent attack speed to compensate. You will also be able to craft thems or buy thems at vendors, and act 2 hirelings can use thems! Lastly, 10 new runewords that work on polearms are also added.
3. A quiver to rule thems all
Bolts and arrows are both removed from the game, and replaced by quivers. Quivers can be used with all missile weapons such as bows, crossbows and hand crossbows. They can spawn as normal magic and rare, now have an upgrade slot, and the legend even tell that some unique quivers could be discovered.
Image Image
4. Relics rebalance
As it was the case with monsters charm in previous version of the game, this time it's relics turn to be updated. Theirs bonuses will be improved and made better overall and the completition bonuses will be improved as well.

5. Gems rework
Gems are going to get a massive boost to make thems more interesting. Each gem will improve a specific stat, and the better the gem is, the more it improve the stat. You will also be able to put gems in any items, and not only some as it was the case before. This make gems dust and jewels obsolete, and as such, they have been removed from the game. Lastly, gems drops will be more accruately related to the area you are while you drop a gem.

6. A new shrine system
In this version, the shrine system will be completely redesigned. There is now way more shrines than before, but you never know what bonus you are going to get before using a shrine. Also, some shrines are more powerfull than other and givee you a super bonus for a short time. But beware ! Some shrines are cursed and will weak you instead.
Image Image
Image Image
Changelog :

Items
* Gems can now be socketed in any items
* Gems have been rebalanced and now provide better bonuses to one stat
* Gems dust and Jewels have been removed from the game
* Imrpoved gems drops so you get more higher gems at higher levels areas
* Relics have been rebalanced
* Relic : Palashia's Bowstring : Can now be socketed in all weapons
* Relic : Tribe of the Shadow Wolves : Can now be socketed in all weapons
* Monster charm : Yeti Fur : No longer increase strength but increases avoid chances instead
* Monster charm : Sucubus wing : No longer increase dexterity but increases dodge chances instead
* Monster charm : Spider web : No longer increase energy but increases mana regeneration instead
* Bows, crossbows and hand crossbows now all share the same quivers
* NPC's no longer sold bolts
* The Huntress now start with a quiver instead of bolts
* Quivers can now spawn as magic and rare
* Quivers now require a specific gear level to be equiped
* Quivers now spawn with an upgrade slot
* Fixed the size of some crossbows
* Added a new weapon : the polearm
* Act 2 hirelings can use polearms in additions to they existing allowed items pool
* Added plans to craft polearms
* Added 10 runewords for polearms
* Added 10 runic scrolls for the new runewords
* Craftings weapons and armors now only require 1 Page of Blacksmithing instead of 2
* Added 15 unique quivers
* Added 15 unique polearms
* Kadala now allows you to gamble polearms and quivers
* Reduced maximum base damage of all flails by ~20%
* Life on hit propertie values have been multiplicated by 3
* Mana on hit propertie values have been multiplicated by 2
* All items with flat elemental damage absrobed now roll with a percent elemental damage absorbed instead of a flat value
* Quest item - Portal scroll : Player must now be in Tran Athulua to activate this item
* Quest item - Triune pendant : Now open a red portal instead of warping the player when used. Player must now be in Kalinash to activate this item
* Quest item - Key of Nymyr : Player must now be in Ureh to activate this item
* Quest item - Chaos stone : Now open a red portal instead of warping the player when used. Player must now be in the Dreadlands to activate this item
* Quest item - Mirror of the elements : Now open a red portal instead of warping the player when used. Player must now be under the effect of the Altar of the elements to activate this item
* Quest item - Angelic shard : Now open a red portal instead of warping the player when used. Player must now be in the Infernal palace to activate this item

Gameplay
* Characters no longer have stamina. They can run as long as they want
* Stamina-related properties no longer spawn on items
* When a character gain a level, a small animation is now played

World
* Players can now enter act 5
* Reduced monster population in 'River of flame' types areas by 17%
* Reduced monster population in 'Arcane sanctuary' types areas by 17%
* Shrines and other objects no longer spawn in End-act boss areas
* Replaced existing shrines with a larger set of new ones
* All shrines now appear as 'Mysterious Shrine' until you click on thems to get their effect. It is then revealed, being good or bad
* Reworked the way shrines are added to areas of the game. There is now 30% chance to get a Recharge shrine, 40% chance to get a buff shrine, 20% chance to get a improved buff shrine, and 10% chance to get a cursed shrine
* Added a small light radius around many NPC's to see thems better in dark areas

UI
* The character stats screen has been rearanged :
- Removed stamina
- Level is now displayed on top of experience value
- Crafting and Stat points remaining values have been switched
- Life, mana and defense values have been grouped together
- Mousehower for defense value has been fixed
* The experience bar is now gold instead of white
* Removed the stamina bar
* Fame bar is now larger and is blue. Mousehover has been improved to see current fame more easily
* Current values of life and mana are now shown on the corresponding orbs

Monsters
* Power 'Deadly explosion when dying' : Increased radius of the explosion

Bugfixes
* Fixed a bug allowing runes to be socketed in unintended items
* Fixed a bug allowing some relics to be socketed in unintended items
* Fixed a bug allowing some monsters and missiles to go out of a map
* Fixed a bug preventing damage and defense in some item descriptions to be shown in blue instead of white when theirs values is increased by magic properties
* Fire enchanted monsters should now deal less damage to the player when they die
* Fixed a bug preventing some auto-aiming skills (such as Destructive Storm) to properly target Mephisto's Totems and some other monsters

Note :
- All gems found before updating to this version will not have any properties on them anymore. You can sell thems, or combine 3 of them to get a higher quality gem AFTER updating to have a gem with stats on it.
- All existing crafting plans are automatically updated to the new ones that only requires 1 Page of Blacksmithing.
- Bolts are no longer used. You can sell them before or after updating.
- Remove any gem dust and plans related to gems dusts and jewels before updating, else your character will be corrupted after updating.

Know bugs related to D2Dreamland tool :
- Under 1280*768 resolution, clicking on the New skills button when the character screen is opened dosen't work.
- The fame bar dosen't completely fill up even if you reached your current max fame. Mousehovering the bar still show the correct value.
- Some background effects like stars in act 4 are missing.
- When mousehovering your belt, the 1st row is not displayed completely but potions are.

Download it from the main topic !

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: Version 5.00 is now avaible !

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:54 am

Got about 15 crashes in the area "Forbidden archives". I gave up . #hotfix
PS. Seriously it keeps crashing (D2SE Close program - windows error) . I've never ever had that problem before the update.
PS. Added a clear debug - Hope it helps you . http://www.pastebin.ca/2903952
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks for the report.

From what I see in the log, there seems to be an animation error. I will see what I can do to fix that (New animations are always tricky...)

Can you test if the crash happen in an other act than act 5 ? If yes, it may be related to D2Dreamland, if no, it's from the mod itself.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Thanks for the report.

From what I see in the log, there seems to be an animation error. I will see what I can do to fix that (New animations are always tricky...)

Can you test if the crash happen in an other act than act 5 ? If yes, it may be related to D2Dreamland, if no, it's from the mod itself.
Sadly , no . I made a run on "Gardens of hope 1 & 2" + "Pinnacle of heaven" and Diablo ... worked great . I just cant continue thru act 5
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:18 pm

I just started a new char and my games always crashed soon after I entered the map for Q2 A1.

Cheers

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:23 pm

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:I just started a new char and my games always crashed soon after I entered the map for Q2 A1.

Cheers
This is really something small like a animation or a shrine . I hope its fixed soon .

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:00 pm

So there is also some crahs outside of act 5... I'm looking into it :)

I gave some infos to Kingpin (Author od D2Dreamland), so he can look if the crashes come from D2Dreamland.

Btw, are you under windows vista/7/8/8.1 or windows XP when you have crashes ? Also, are you on a 32 bits or 64 bits OS ?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Windows 7 64bit. Just went there again and got another crash. Already was half way down to Town 2. Also tomb of knowlegde a1 start doesn´t work for me.

Cheers
Last edited by AlphA - The Real One on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks for the report. I'm 99.9% sure this is related to D2Dreamland, so we will have to wait till Kingpin see my message about these crashs and then see what can be done (and when !).

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:09 pm

I have checked your debug log prodigypm, saddly it doesn't give any hints what cause it. I suspect however it's either a memory leak or bad pointer.

Any chance you can post your D2Dreamland.log next time it crash?

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 pm

kingpin" wrote:I have checked your debug log prodigypm, saddly it doesn't give any hints what cause it. I suspect however it's either a memory leak or bad pointer.

Any chance you can post your D2Dreamland.log next time it crash?
My D2Dreamland.log , didnt change during crashes its the same :

| |
| DIABLO 2 - Dreamland Loader Ver 0.1, For 1.10 |
| by Allan Jensen 2002-2003 |
| |
| |
| DLL structure addapted from Joel FALCOU |
| DLL Wrapper adapted from Sir-General HeavenStorm Mod. |
| |

Starting Diablo II.

| Dll addreses |
| D2Game.dll Load Address: 0x6FC30000 |
| D2Common.dll Load Address: 0x5230000 |
| D2Lang.dll Load Address: 0x6FC10000 |
| Fog.dll Load Address: 0x6FF50000 |
| D2Gfx.dll Load Address: 0x6FA70000 |
| D2Client.dll Load Address: 0x6FAA0000 |
| D2Net.dll Load Address: 0x6FC00000 |
| D2Launch.dll Load Address: 0x6FA10000 |
| D2Win.dll Load Address: 0x6F8A0000 |
| D2Cmp.dll Load Address: 0x6FDF0000 |

D2Game.dll loaded succesully.
D2Launch.dll loaded succesully.
D2Common.dll loaded succesully.
D2Client.dll loaded succesully.
D2Lang.dll loaded succesully.
D2Net.dll loaded succesully.
Fog.dll loaded succesully.
D2Win.dll loaded succesully.
D2Cmp.dll loaded succesully.
D2Game.dll succesully hooked.
D2Game.dll succesully hooked.
D2Launch.dll succesully hooked.
D2Launch.dll succesully hooked.
D2Common.dll succesully hooked.
D2Common.dll succesully hooked.
D2Client.dll succesully hooked.
D2Client.dll succesully hooked.
D2Lang.dll succesully hooked.
D2Lang.dll succesully hooked.
D2Net.dll succesully hooked.
D2Net.dll succesully hooked.
Fog.dll succesully hooked.
Fog.dll succesully hooked.
D2Win.dll succesully hooked.
D2Win.dll succesully hooked.
D2Cmp.dll succesully hooked.
D2Cmp.dll succesully hooked.

Patching DLL ...

DLL patched sucessfully. Entering Diablo II.

Im sure there will be more bugs like these , shame I cant play the mod cuz of a beta tool ... :cry:

PS. Tested on Windows 7 64x and Windows 8.1 same bullsh keeps happening :cry: I hope you guys sort it out .
#prayingtod2coders

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Consider this beta tool will open many possibilities in the future :) I know it's anoying right now to have these random crashs, but I included Dreamland to this update to find theses bugs and fix thems. In the future, D2Dreamland can improve the mod so much that you will be happy that it's included :)

Even now, how act 5 work and the shrine system would not be possible without this tool :)

Even if it take time, I'm sure Kingpn will figure it out ;)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Consider this beta tool will open many possibilities in the future :) I know it's anoying right now to have these random crashs, but I included Dreamland to this update to find theses bugs and fix thems. In the future, D2Dreamland can improve the mod so much that you will be happy that it's included :)

Even now, how act 5 work and the shrine system would not be possible without this tool :)

Even if it take time, I'm sure Kingpn will figure it out ;)
I will probably not be so happy :D as Im not a coder , but you will be for sure . This tool gives many options to future mod creators . Meh , I dont care much with or withouth this tool to be honest - Played too much years even without plugy , didn't have any problems . Anyway , hope it will be fixed soon ;)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:01 am

Well, I know many players asked for a fame reset. It's currently impossible but D2Dreamland can be the answer to this issue. That's only an exemple ;)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 am

Xaphan" wrote:Well, I know many players asked for a fame reset. It's currently impossible but D2Dreamland can be the answer to this issue. That's only an exemple ;)
Good point . And don't get me wrong I know you can't test everything in a game . Having a whole new act , new items , new drops , removed drops , new mobs , spawns , etc etc - All this and that with a beta tool . {filtered} happens . So beta testing is horible , beta testing with a beta tool is ... well , I call it a day boys . See ya tommorow .

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 am

I can make sure prodigypm I will do my best to fix issues related to d2dreamlands before I continue add features to it. After all I want get rid of any bugs that appear.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:15 pm

kingpin" wrote:I can make sure prodigypm I will do my best to fix issues related to d2dreamlands before I continue add features to it. After all I want get rid of any bugs that appear.
I believe you somehow . The part that I dont believe is that currently no one can play it , its hilarious :lol: We all hope its fixed "soon" . :lol: Anyway I will be unable to play for a week or so , I wish you all good luck.
Diablo 2 Limitations does suck . In my life I haven't seen more loyal community , creating a tool to extend an already extended game,something to be proud of :!: Keep it up , Im sure it will be fixed and better then ever .

I farmed "Dead Man's Legacy" quiver and "Windforce" bow so its over anyway when Im back . Hahaha :D

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:02 am

Version 5.01 will be avaible soon for download. (It's already uploaded, just waiting ModDB to accept it)

Changelog :

World
* Isan no longer spawn in the Viz-Jun town
* Fixed the incorrect spawn of one superunique monster in act 5

Bugfixes
* Fixed a crashing bug that occured while clicking on trapped baskets or simillar objects
* Fixed a crashing bug that occured randomly whille mouse-howering a monster
* Fixed some index issues related to monsters
* Hireling names should now work porperly for non-english translations

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”