HELP plz... problems with everything

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

No votes

Total votes: 0

DrunkeNMonkE

HELP plz... problems with everything

Post by DrunkeNMonkE » Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:34 am

Ok i just d/led this mod today... downloaded the 1.09 ndx version that is listed when you click download new dawn x on the website.... i got a berserker to act 2 to find that the game crashed cuz of my mercenary... so after looking on these forums i figured out my problem and read something about new verion R9.... im pretty sure i have R9... but i also read something about dll files... because i realized that r9 or whatever did not come with any.... and i read that someone got dlls from the "directndxstarter kit" or something like that... so i d/led that and installed the dlls... which apparently are R8... and the game crashed when i clicked on gamble from elzix in act 2....

What i want is to KNOW what version of the mpq and dlls i have... also... if i go to the direct downloads page or whatever it is i see 3 different zip files for R9... i downloaded one to find that it was a bunch of bin and txt files (which are for modding the game)....... if i downloaded these... is there some place im supposed to put them to be inserted into the r9 mpq file? (i DONT want to MOD the game... i just want to have R9 with working dlls etc.)

i know this is confusing but im very confused too, plz help
Don't be a fr00t!
Have some w00t!!

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:46 am

OK, calm down a little. I've got two small solutions for you that will solve both your crashes.

Delete the .dll files you installed. They're not in the MPQ version for a reason. (they increase the amount crashes occur)

Go back to Act 1 and get a rogue mercenary instead of a spear mercenary... she won't crash the game.

Helpful?

Don't worry about the other files you downloaded. They have two purposes:

1) They make it so you don't have to download as much stuff when updating.
2) You can see the changes I've made from D2/last version.

Everything better? lol.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”