Gambling

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

No votes

Total votes: 0

Neely011

Gambling

Post by Neely011 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:06 am

I have a barb that will be the first character of mine to finish New Dawn once he gets past act2 Hell. Anywho, I have a few questions/comments to ask/make. Ok, my barb found the Talics wrap set belt... and since the MAJORITY of New Dawn will be played single player, with some occasional LAN games every now and then, is it really possible to complete a set? I mean, this is the same problem that people playing D2X on single player would have. With no trading going on, and poor chances of finding an entire set, what can a person do? I was wondering if 54x has modified the drop rate to make up for this, or even if he modified gambling so someone could potentially gamble sets/uniques? Has anyone completed any of the sets yet without cheating in some fashion or another? Also, on a side note, what is the average character level when he/she kills Baal in Hell? Not the EXACT average of course, but genereally speaking, how soon does a character typically finish the game?

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Gambling

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:27 am

All my characters, who'd finished hell and became Guardians ( none of my soft chars was able to do so ) and they were all about lvl 235 - 247. I play on "players 8" always, so I get a little more exp, though. About the barbarian set - the only item I had a problem with was Madawc's shell ( if I do remember it's name properly ), but I was walking mainly in Tal Rasha's set ( not full ) because it had decent %mag item bonuese and mas had 10%mana &hp drain, which are cut down drastically on hell.

- Mathiu Silverburg
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Lets take him down and burn his ass"

ForsakenEntity

Post by ForsakenEntity » Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:21 am

how strange... my druid (150) found 2 madwac's shells b4 hitting hell. The catch is, he hasn't found any other high level sets :cry:

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:27 am

The problem was that the set items had a few bugs, but yes I will likely beef up the drop %s for sets, and later uniques if I can get rid of those bugs too...
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:26 pm

54x it's not only the %drop rate - it's also that @#$%&#$ Blizzard implented sth that made monsters drop items but mainly for other classes ( that's it happens that when I play barb I find barbarian's helmets very rarely and very often claws ). It was to encourage trading on bnet. But what about these people, who don't play on bnet?

- Mathiu Silverburg

MasterMind

Post by MasterMind » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:29 pm

So it was Blizzard not the thousands of curses of bad luck i am forced to bear????????????? *bites keyboard*
All your mind shall belong to us!

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:26 am

You would surely understand each other with a friend of mine - he was also biting keabord - but because of the lags on bnet :)

- Mathiu Silverburg

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:33 am

That only effects exclusives. I will likely see about beefing up set drops, and maybe uniques and rares a little, too.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”