Game Announcements

Information and updates for the Darkness Weaves Ironman mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

No votes

Total votes: 0

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Game Announcements

Post by RexxLaww » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:50 am

Post your games here if you want to host, or if you are looking for someone to play DWX2 with.

Since D2 does not offer a way to run a dedicated server, you will have to create a server 'holder' character. Simply launch the game with them and then post your IP address here for others to join. When you bring up the automap <TAB>, it will display your IP address.

If you are behind a router or firewall, you will need to do 2 things. (1) Open a port and (2) Give the real IP (not your internal IP) with the port number. Like This:

xx.xxx.xxx.x:yyyy

Where 'x' is the IP, and 'y' is the port number. Note the COLON between them (no spaces).

You should post your ICQ/AIM/YAHOO/MSN Messenger ID so that others can contact you.

The only downside to this is that you will have to restart the game if newbies or ultra high characters come in, or if the quests need to be reset.

But a game announcement, some chatting with your game-mates via a messenger service, and you will be off and running.

You might even draw me into a game or two. Ya just never know. 8-O
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

Ran Over Twice

GAME UP

Post by Ran Over Twice » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:57 pm

Starting at 0900 Atlantic Time I will start a DWX game - At 1100 I will remake to restart - 1200 I'm taking a lunch break - 1300 I will make an LoD game and remake at 1500 - 1600 Might have to kill server for awhile because I have younger siblings that also play Diablo. :cry:
Why keep it simple when it can be made complicated?

Ran Over Twice

Post by Ran Over Twice » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:48 pm

Change of plan - people ask to play multiplayer then I make a server... It's too damn boring alone. I'm installing Counter-Strike

Ran Over Twice

Post by Ran Over Twice » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:56 pm

Alright alright... Making a DWX game 24.138.75.84 should run until at least 4 unless nobody joins within an hour and a half or so.

Ran Over Twice

Post by Ran Over Twice » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:22 pm

:cry: I give up! I'm not making a server unless someone is going to play with me. Too boring alone. :-| I'm playing LoD... As a server... If anyone wants to join. DWX is too awesome to be played alone.

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:58 pm

I would play, but I'm too busy killing stuff with my UberThunderJavs in SiC2.0b ;)

I'll add you to my MSN list though.

Kohan

Post by Kohan » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:57 pm

I want to play dw with someone

I just started a char and im lvl 6 ama
Damnation is eternal.

All souls cry out for salvation.

There is no salvation without suffering.

Return to “Darkness Weaves”