Regards, Nefarius

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

LordTemjin
Paladin

Regards, Nefarius

Post by LordTemjin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 am

I am very glad to see your continued work on this project. Obviously it is very much looked forward to. In my eyes, this project will rekindle Diablo 2 to some degree atleast for myself and many others.

I would also like to thank you, Nefarius, for your various contributions to the Diablo II modding community. Some of you may not know this, but before Phrozen Keep was well known, or even the be all end all hub of D2 Modding, many of us D2Modding enthusiasts were located at, surprisingly, a cheating website named Cheatlist. D1 Modding was quite big here, and we did have a community of D2 modding until, well, the "unsavory" nature of the website content (which shifted to full on battle.net closed realm exploits, dupe methods, packet editors, and other hacks) tended to downplay the relevance of modding. Many of us left for a new "home", and that home became Phrozen Keep.

Since then, Nefarius has done so much in the ways of tutorials, in our understanding of how to modify Diablo II, and in explaining various aspects of what files control what. He's also released some top-notch mods; one of which includes the only mod I'll ever be able to play with a cow launcher, XyRAX.

Nefarius really does have the Diablo 2 Midas Touch with his previous work. Anti-Balance, previous to 2.3, was a wonderful way to get a bunch of friends on open bnet or tcp and play through. And even afterwards, where you had to have the same patch as everyone else, the mod was fresh and challenging. Before that, Ultimate Fixer provided, in my eyes atleast, THE definitive diablo 2 "vanilla" experience. Blizzard did so much right, and so much wrong. And it easily confused the two. Nefarious did an excellent job in cleaning that up.

MetalStorm is a project that, like much of Nefarius's other work, is very ahead of itself. Diablo 2 desperately has needed a facelift, and I can't think of who else to be doing this than some of our premier modders in this community. Joel and Vendanna have also proved themselves time and time again with their quality and their helpfulness toward other modders.

Anyways, I just thought I'd give my regards. I have never typically posted much here in this community (choosing instead to chat in irc), nor have I given back to the community as much as I've taken. I've been an alpha/beta tester for many mods and done various design help, but until recently I have not done much with modding itself at all, nor even have contributed much outside of playing the wonderful experiences so many of you have crafted for us.
Last edited by LordTemjin on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Regards, Nefarious

Post by Nefarius » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the support :mrgreen:

Just one thing, my name is without the 'o' ;)
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

LordTemjin
Paladin

Re: Regards, Nefarious

Post by LordTemjin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 pm

I do that quite alot, lol. I keep thinking the word Nefarious :P
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”