D2 re-programmed beyond any recognition ;)

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

Matt.J

Re: D2 re-programmed beyond any recognition ;)

Post by Matt.J » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:11 am

Heh, I use 'sonny' sarcasticly, regardless of someone's age.

Alright, I'll call it my "Game Engine", which is a fair description since the (ugh) 'server' is afterall responsible for almost every aspect of the game except pretty graphical display ;)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Another small teaser ;)
album_page.php?pic_id=2557

Every stat on that thing is either new or in some way changed (except for the summon resist thingy)
Last edited by Nefarius on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Frio
Champion of the Light

Post by Frio » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm

You are gona tease us to death arent you? :p
Good stuff : )

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:15 am

Good stuff : )
No, he probably wants us to remain alive to play his mod. ;)
Another small teaser ;)

Every stat on that thing is either new or in some way changed (except for the summon resist thingy)
Wow! That's a normal ancient armor??!!?
I can't wait to see a unique one! :P

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:39 am

Nefarius knows about game balance...consider why those numbers might be there...
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:03 am

Well, the increased monster density (I'm assuming this means more monsters spawn?) works to balance it... but that doesn't seem to be enough. Especially not with "Invisible to enemies" and all the other sweet modifiers on that armor. Maybe I'm missing something... it seems way overpowered. :(
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 am

I would venture to say that the item in question is just a test piece...to make sure that everything is showing up as it should. I would also venture to say that an item of this magnitude, even something unique, would not actually appear in the mod....but, that is just my opinion... :)
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:12 am

[quote=Malachai29";p="354256"]I would venture to say that the item in question is just a test piece...to make sure that everything is showing up as it should. I would also venture to say that an item of this magnitude, even something unique, would not actually appear in the mod....but, that is just my opinion... :)[/quote]

That would make sense. Gracias. :D

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:39 am

[quote=DemonicAngel";p="354254"]Well, the increased monster density (I'm assuming this means more monsters spawn?) works to balance it... but that doesn't seem to be enough. Especially not with "Invisible to enemies" and all the other sweet modifiers on that armor. Maybe I'm missing something... it seems way overpowered. :([/quote]

The item is there just to show some of the new item abilites nef have added to his project. I'm sure, if this was an item you had to expect. He would say so :)

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:59 am

[quote=DemonicAngel";p="354254"]Well, the increased monster density works to balance it... but that doesn't seem to be enough. Especially not with "Invisible to enemies" and all the other sweet modifiers on that armor. Maybe I'm missing something... it seems way overpowered. :([/quote]

Why should must be everything so hard or extremely difficult? There are many players who always wanted to try something like this, and many of them should try it and say: "Yop, this is very powerful. I will deciede if use it and be cheater or be fair player and play without it! ;) Maybe it should help my merc to prevent dying every 3 minutes."

The mod is not "based" on players who will cheat anyways. If we will be afraid that players will abuse every stronger thing we give into mod, it will ends with ult4z0r 8k damage fallens (and another ugly ideas to challenge our stronger items) It all is matter of choice. I really wanted to try it but never should play whole game with invis.
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:10 pm

The mod is not "based" on players who will cheat anyways. If we will be afraid that players will abuse every stronger thing we give into mod, it will ends with ult4z0r 8k damage fallens (and another ugly ideas to challenge our stronger items) It all is matter of choice. I really wanted to try it but never should play whole game with invis.
Invis can be made in different ways:

Monster's have chance "detect" you.
Some monsters like bosses. Always see you even if you are invis.
If you hit the mob. Your invis is gone.

There is several ways to balance up invis. To, work without make it broken.

If there is no restrictions to invis. There is risk, people will use invis items. to reach the bosses and farm them. That's a way, people easy could break out the fun.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:47 pm

Oh my, what a debate that screenshot has kicked loose :P

No, just very close to it :twisted:

Wow! That's a normal ancient armor??!!?
I can't wait to see a unique one!
It's a normal ancient armor, but one I tossed into the cube adding batch after batch of modifiers to make a screenshot with more then just 3 :P --- as for the unique items, I won't say much about those, you'll have to wait and see ;) [and there is a quality beyond unique anyway :P]

Nefarius knows about game balance...consider why those numbers might be there...
;)

Well, the increased monster density (I'm assuming this means more monsters spawn?) works to balance it... but that doesn't seem to be enough. Especially not with "Invisible to enemies" and all the other sweet modifiers on that armor. Maybe I'm missing something... it seems way overpowered.
See section 2 ;)

I would venture to say that the item in question is just a test piece...to make sure that everything is showing up as it should. I would also venture to say that an item of this magnitude, even something unique, would not actually appear in the mod....but, that is just my opinion...
yep, albeit there will be stuff of this and greater magnitude in the end-game, but it won't be easy to come by as you'd actually have to work for it (it won't require grinding to find either, I'm not blizzard :P), side quests that span over multiple acts and difficulties is the magic word here.

The item is there just to show some of the new item abilites nef have added to his project. I'm sure, if this was an item you had to expect. He would say so
Yep, don't expect a normal item to look like that, but as with my past time projects, expect the unexpected.

Why should must be everything so hard or extremely difficult? There are many players who always wanted to try something like this, and many of them should try it and say: "Yop, this is very powerful. I will deciede if use it and be cheater or be fair player and play without it! icon_wink.gif Maybe it should help my merc to prevent dying every 3 minutes."
The way it is planned stuff will be difficult as in complex, with riddles and other RPG elements that frankly completely lack from D2. But ofc, I won't disappoint the people looking for a brutal slaughterfest were you need to fight till death, thats all there, and plenty of it too :twisted: --- there will be more then one path to get to where you need in most cases [but I won't reveal too much, because A.) I don't want to spoil it long time before getting close to anything releaseable and B.) things may change]
Yes, I don't base things around people who abuse end-game equipment and move it to new characters. In fact making the mod challenging to that audience encourages them to do even more cookiecuttering and twinking. Again to let the cheaters hit the brick wall, I won't say what it does --- but it does do something (many things) to foil stuff like this. At least this I can say here, rushing is not gonna be that easy, the game difficulty resolves around whoever is in the game and isn't really linked to the difficulty level (there are some diff-level related thresholds ofc).

As for the invis thing

[spoiler]As for the thing with Invis, you aren't gonna be invisible to Psychic creatures, doing anything but walking / standing will allow them to hear you, and other aspects, and ofc this is on a item for testing purposes, this is more a thing for skills and low duration potions, on items expect to find something such as 'invisible to lower undead' (this was actually a removed property from a set item during alpha D2)[/spoiler]
Last edited by Nefarius on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:28 am

won't say much about those, you'll have to wait and see ;) [and there is a quality beyond unique anyway :P ]
yep, albeit there will be stuff of this and greater magnitude in the end-game,
The way it is planned stuff will be difficult as in complex, with riddles and other RPG elements that frankly completely lack from D2.
But ofc, I won't disappoint the people looking for a brutal slaughterfest were you need to fight till death, thats all there, and plenty of it too :twisted: --- there will be more then one path to get to where you need in most cases [but I won't reveal too much, because A.) I don't want to spoil it long time before getting close to anything releaseable and B.) things may change]
spoiler:
Wow.
No, just very close to it ;)

Obviously.

See section 2 ;)

What's section 2?
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:41 am

What's section 2?
The one between section 1 and section 3 of the reply :twisted:
It's a normal ancient armor, but one I tossed into the cube adding batch after batch of modifiers to make a screenshot with more then just 3 icon_razz.gif --- as for the unique items, I won't say much about those, you'll have to wait and see icon_wink.gif [and there is a quality beyond unique anyway icon_razz.gif]

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:18 am

Sorry I'd never heard of anyone referring to parts of there reply like that... :oops:

I get it now.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Very nice work here Nefarius! You're taking D2 modding to the next level with this.

Is all this running through NefEx then?
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:33 pm

It is running on a special internal build of NefEx (Codename: MetalStorm) - it isn't the only large mod currently in development using this internal build ;) --- newest progress, another 15 or so previously unknown vanilla bugs squashed :P

--- anyway, I thought I'd summarize the "spammed" screenshots somewhere -

Precise Speed shown on Weapons
album_page.php?pic_id=2574

Elixirs
album_page.php?pic_id=2554

Mind Control + Invis
album_page.php?pic_id=2288

Corpse Summing Monsters
album_page.php?pic_id=2066

Stats
album_page.php?pic_id=2525

Enhanced Game-Management for MP: album_page.php?pic_id=2523

Mind Control:
album_page.php?pic_id=2267

It's hard to take Screenshots of New AIs:
album_page.php?pic_id=2200

Ingame Stats Display (now it shows Resistant, Weak or Immune to element, instead of values):
album_page.php?pic_id=2170

Custom Npcs
album_page.php?pic_id=1871
album_page.php?pic_id=2522
album_page.php?pic_id=2117
album_page.php?pic_id=1716

Moo Moo Warps:
album_page.php?pic_id=2079
album_page.php?pic_id=2078

In-Game Extra Info
album_page.php?pic_id=2069
album_page.php?pic_id=2077

Changed Intensity for Items
album_page.php?pic_id=2062

Cloned Tomes of Skill
album_page.php?pic_id=1996

Oils
album_page.php?pic_id=1782

Constantly Bleeding Enemies
album_page.php?pic_id=1711

Shrines
album_page.php?pic_id=2037
album_page.php?pic_id=2038
album_page.php?pic_id=2040

Debug Console
album_page.php?pic_id=2051

New Quest
album_page.php?pic_id=2104

Portal Pedestral
album_page.php?pic_id=2126

Stone Curse
album_page.php?pic_id=2266
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 pm

8-O *drools*

Looks AMAZING so far. Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:

TestSubject
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by TestSubject » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:01 am

This does look amazing! I looked at the linked pics and your whole album. Not sure which ones are in this mod. But it looks awesome.
Hmmm....hmm.....hmmmm....hmmm?

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Just because your achievements look quite surprising and you seem to be above maaany limits you should consider allowing people to give you some feedback. It is now like you can implement many of their ideas and surely make a good use of them.

The thing I don't know about your project is whether it is another mod concept or some plugin/system.

Anyway give people chance to show their ideas which sound more real now!

Greets
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:44 am

Newest bug fixes: The long running 'attack bug' which led to ghost missiles and blank swipes (with Zeal etc) has been fixed, I don't have to cap the # of attacks to 5 to fix this mess unlike Blizzard*cough* :twisted:)

Just because your achievements look quite surprising and you seem to be above maaany limits you should consider allowing people to give you some feedback. It is now like you can implement many of their ideas and surely make a good use of them.
Well lets hear what ideas peoples have, they are all welcome to post them here, I won't say whenever I will use something or not however, only whenever I can implement it or not. (And, this isn't an exaggeration, the majority of things that will turn up I probably already have implemented anyway :P)

The thing I don't know about your project is whether it is another mod concept or some plugin/system.
This is neither a plugin system or a mod concept, this is an actual mod. It is to some extent related to plugins because certain chosen things will be released as plugins.

... Some more eye candy stuff ...

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4879 ... terze1.jpg
^ just random playing around with more new stats, and getting this scepter to 1-fps speed (and it works, aka trigger frame is not skipped, the anim isn't played at all :twisted:)

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3681/lebnewaw6.jpg
^ new effect for lightning enchanted bosses (the boss event bug is ofc fixed)

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/843/ ... derny2.jpg
^ colorization filters, independant of whenever someone uses DD/D3D

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2315/genericev9.jpg
^ just some balrogs with new palettes

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9537/shrinzerut3.jpg
^ another new shrine formerly only leaked once in IRC :P

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7779/darknessvn3.jpg
^ Hows that for darkness >D

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2644/rapidvh3.gif
^ scintillating item color on armor

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:49 am

very nice work.. maybe the last armor will be disco_dance_suit?
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:02 am

Wicked! Now if a level setting could trigger that effect no matter how much + Light you have equipped, that would be quite [strike]annoying[/strike]...useful!
:diabolic:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:05 am

Myhrginoc";p="357552" wrote:
Wicked! Now if a level setting could trigger that effect no matter how much + Light you have equipped, that would be quite [strike]annoying[/strike]...useful!
:diabolic:
Thats actually the next thing I intend to work on ;) --- I already got callback for levels running server side, not clientside (speaking of which, I also have to fix the retarded exception when you forget to add a entry image).

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:25 am

:pong: ur my idol nef! i like these cool modifier, i jsut saw a new game its so cool

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”