Nostalgia and a HUGE thanks to the Keep

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

DigiBO

Nostalgia and a HUGE thanks to the Keep

Post by DigiBO » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:04 pm

First, I'm glad the Phrozen Keep is still around! This is just a quick personal story, so many here won't be interested, but I feel the need to share:)

I just got an email about Path of Exile's next open beta weekend which isn't particularly exciting as me and my friends already "bought" the game, but one part of the mail caught my attention:

"We’ve added several unique items designed by Brother Laz, author of the popular Diablo 2 mod Median XL".

I had a huge blast from the past. I almost shed a tear. To put things in perspective, he's what my user profile says:

A decade ago I joined the Keep. Actually, I joined the Keep earlier - I remember the "old Keep". Ugly old message board with an even uglier grayish-stone generic background. Heck, I remember where PhrozenHeart's nickname comes from (it's probably mentioned somewhere here around the site?).

The Keep was a huge part of my teenage years and hanging around here and in the IRC channel was always awesome. D2 modding was like a gateway drug to programming for me and I'm a proffesional programmer for 6 years now, so The Keep defined a huge part of my life. I love it, I love everyone involved back in the day and everyone keeping it alive nowadays. Thank you:)

Now I have to remember what the Smurf accident was about...
Blablabla.... :) :D

DigiBO

Re: Nostalgia and a HUGE thanks to the Keep

Post by DigiBO » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Ok, I guess I should have read History of the Site first to refresh my memory.

I'm also responsible for The Keep being took down:) I was in the first 10 registered in the pre-Smurf forum and now I was wondering why I'm the 800-something registered user. Well, because of a "particular Bulgarian mod maker" :>

Are there any guys from back then that are still around? I'd love to hear from you:)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Who was you on irc? I suppose you was hanging around in the keep channel or was you in laz channel only?

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Some are still around ... :cool:

To remind you the Terms of Service as well: do not double post. Use the [edit] button ;)
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

DigiBO

Post by DigiBO » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 pm

I deeply apologize for breaking the code of law and I promise I'll do my best to keep in mind the ToS in the future. I would fix the problem right away, but I don't seem to be able to delete my second post, perhaps because it has already been answered to?

[EDIT: Indeed, you can't delete old posts.]

kingpin, I've always used 'digibo' as a nickname. I was mostly active on the Keep channel, occasionally trolling the ES channel :roll: and IIRC very briefly on the Laz channel when I was trying out his mod.

Return to “Off-Topic”