Yet another D3 topic!

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

No votes

Total votes: 0

worldslayer608
Paladin

Yet another D3 topic!

Post by worldslayer608 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:32 pm

XD so i just went to blizzcon.com to see what was happening and i read that in about a week blizzard will be making thier 3rd and final announcement about the secret project they have been working on. and i noticed on the blizzard sit they have a TON of job openings...

they announced SC2.. and smothered our hopes

they announced a WOW expansion and further pushed us down..

but to announce a 3rd game? what better timing to make a 3rd game announcement of a 3rd game in a series?

XD just thought i would get peoples reactions

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:14 pm

if its an mmo i'll shoot someone :( (same if it sucks :p) to be honest though i hope it ain't a small side project if its d3 and that they make it as though the game could make or break the company, i also hope its mod friendly :)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

worldslayer608
Paladin

Post by worldslayer608 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Necrolis";p="346130" wrote:if its an mmo i'll shoot someone :( (same if it sucks :p) to be honest though i hope it ain't a small side project if its d3 and that they make it as though the game could make or break the company, i also hope its mod friendly :)
lol well what if they turned it into a first persion shooter? that would be funny as heck :p

but i hope it is mod friendly as well, although im more intent on playing it over and over non modded till i memorize it :p.

and i have a feeling they are holding it back because it is just so anticipated.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:46 pm

I WILL NOT get my hopes up for D3 again. :roll:

If it is though, I'll be torn between absolutely wonderful D2 mods on one hand and on the other hand classic D3. Hopefully you guys get to work and make D3 mods for the best of both worlds. ;)

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:35 am

Necrolis";p="346130" wrote:if its an mmo i'll shoot someone :(
I haven't seen anything else but 3D job positions at Blizz's official site...

The so called "Team 3" that is working on an entirely different project from what was already announced is still a mystery. I wonder if our hope is more than our patience ... So far it seems so.

As for the mmo - Necrolis, you know very well why they are making games. Like, Reason No.1 - cash. Just look at the market and see what people are now playing. Mainly different MMOs. ;) It's a company that wants profit! :P Besides if everyone are playing WoW (very innovative) how to expect to attract people with something already familiar?
DemonicAngel";p="346143" wrote: If it is though, I'll be torn between absolutely wonderful D2 mods on one hand and on the other hand classic D3.
I think lots of modders will owe you a "thank you" for that compliment :mrgreen:
worldslayer608";p="346141" wrote: but i hope it is mod friendly as well
Doubtful ... Probabay something will be editable, but it won't be able to be categorized as "mod"
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

TheDeadOne1

Post by TheDeadOne1 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:39 am

ahhh... diablo 3... when shall you come out for us PWNZOR you again and again....

we'll just have to wait and see wont we?

and i not think we will be fighting the 3 brothers... but the monsters released upon the destruction of the WorldStone =PP

new things await us my friends! but we must be patient...

Ducky

Re: Yet another D3 topic!

Post by Ducky » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 pm

...Does any1 know if they are actally making D3?
ATM? In a year? In, like, fifty years? Ever?
(\/)
(oO)
(")(")

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Our recent hope is based on the upcoming 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational held 28th - 29th of June in Paris. They for sure will make it a big event. The question is what they will be announcing.

But IF they are making D3 it is an MMO.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Ducky

Post by Ducky » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:28 pm

Ofc.. It would be sad otherwise :P
(\/)
(oO)
(")(")

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 pm

One of the saddest news in the gaming history will be that D3 will be a 3D MMO. :cry:

Ducky

Post by Ducky » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:50 pm

3D?

But.... :( NNOOOOOooohhh... like the Gothic series? (if u know them)
(\/)
(oO)
(")(")

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:06 am

One thing for sure future games from Blizzard will be in 3D. Blizzard have stated themself after Wc3 was released. That they wouldn't release another 2D game anymore.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:06 pm

kingpin";p="376794" wrote:One thing for sure future games from Blizzard will be in 3D. Blizzard have stated themself after Wc3 was released. That they wouldn't release another 2D game anymore.
Guess we'll just have to beat some Vivendi/Blizzard execs into 2D :P
if its 3D then i do hope they allow for multiple camera styles(iso, 3rd person, fp, etc)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Oh they'll probably make it user friendly, I. E. automatic camera positioning so you get killed more often when the camera auto changes in crucial moments to make the game seam harder :P --- I've seen that done in enough places before.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Return to “Off-Topic”