Post your build thread

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post your build thread

Post by Desocupado » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:54 pm

He i saw this idea on another post around, and I noticed there isn't such a thread around, so here it goes:

Druid Avatar lvl 16 -- Theme Fiery Zealot -- Act 2 last half

Burst of Speed 4
Holy Fire 5
Blaze 3
Zeal 5

Planning on taking:

Holy Shield (seems the most reasonable defensive skill)
Armaggedon (the idea of free damage is good, need to check mana and duration)
Amplify Damage (to deal with phisical immunities)

Ideas:
Overall the theme can be elemental changed for ice (holy freeze, frost armor and hurrycane), lighning (holy shock, thunder storm).
Or one could become archers by putting Strafe and/or Multiply Shot in the place of zeal.

Impressions:
Overall the damage is pretty good, as i am playing on players 3 with no difficultity at all (except some near death when things get nasty)
The defiance merc is a life saver.

Drops:
Unique items seems to drop frequently.
No set so far (guess they are already rmeoved then)
Too many keys, scrolls and pots dropping.
Last edited by Desocupado on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Innomen

Re: Post your build thread

Post by Innomen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:17 pm

Totally don't care if this is a bump.

I play LOTH all the time.

I'm a lvl 30 necro, my skills are 1 in teleport, and the rest in holy freeze and resist cold.

The theme is chill of the grave.

With an arrow merc he does pretty well in act 5 normal.

I'm curious, would the sorc skill cold mastery apply to holy freeze's damage?

Is there anything I can do other then resist cold to beef up holy freeze?

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:18 am

The sorc skill cold mastery won't do you any good.

But other cold based spells should...

frost bolt, frost nova, ice(etc) armor etc

likewise any spell that shares one or more affinities in common with holy freeze will boost holy freeze, most auras for example, and many other spells.

In LotH spell power is based on affinities, not skill levels directly. (well in theory anyway some things are broken...)
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Innomen

Post by Innomen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Wow the man himself. On behalf of all of us thanks for making this.

Is there some way I can determine before buying the skills which will add the most damage?

Is there a FAQ or chart somewhere that shows me exactly how affinities work?

And as a totally unrelated question, as a mod maker you might know the answer to this. is it possible t cut the top of the experience scaling? Now I can see the need to put a bottom on it, to keep me from slaughtering zombies by the million and getting to lvl 50 in act 1, but the top seems unfair to me, if I can manage to kill it I should get points for it.

But no where is there a mod that plays with the scaling at all as far as I can find. is there a technical reason for this?

Thanks again man, really.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Innomen";p="406533" wrote:Wow the man himself. On behalf of all of us thanks for making this.
I've never been very good at taking complements, but I'm glad you enjoy the mod :)
Innomen";p="406533" wrote:Is there some way I can determine before buying the skills which will add the most damage?

Is there a FAQ or chart somewhere that shows me exactly how affinities work?
Not really no. I had planed to simplify the skill damage in a future version so that this would be more predictable but it looks like thats unlikely to happen.

But I can tell you how it basically works (or is supposed to work anyhow):

Each skill has a base damage range stored as a min and a max value. Both values are multiplied by a factor and the total of matching affinities your character has.

So for example lets say there was a skill with a damage range of 2-5 that hits a single target, and has affinities of magic, bolt, spell. It's damage calculation would be something like:

min= 2*((bolt_affinity + magic_affinity + spell_affinity)/3)*16
max= 5*((bolt_affinity + magic_affinity + spell_affinity)/3)*16

this is an over simplification, but that's the basic idea. So skills that have a higher base damage, and overlap in more affinities with your other skills will do the most damage.

Note that for some skills they do less damage but have some other effect that increases (duration, number of targets etc) instead. Several skills get the benefits of affinities split between multiple effects.

Also note that the level of the skill itself doesn't matter at all, except in so far as a skill is a perfect affinity match for itself.
Innomen";p="406533" wrote:And as a totally unrelated question, as a mod maker you might know the answer to this. is it possible t cut the top of the experience scaling? Now I can see the need to put a bottom on it, to keep me from slaughtering zombies by the million and getting to lvl 50 in act 1, but the top seems unfair to me, if I can manage to kill it I should get points for it.

But no where is there a mod that plays with the scaling at all as far as I can find. is there a technical reason for this?
Yeah I don't really like this either. I think blizzard did this to prevent exploitation of the multi player game, to level up a lowbie quickly by pairing them with a high level character.

There are mods that mess with the scaleing, actually most of them do but there are limits to what you can do with it. It should be possible to get rid of it entirely with code editing, but as that 's always a pain someone with the skills for that would have to be motivated to figure it out.
Innomen";p="406533" wrote:Thanks again man, really.
You are most welcome, the best reward for me is that folks gain enjoyment from my work :)
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Innomen

Post by Innomen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Hmmm, that's cool.

Is there a way to determine what affinities a given spell has? Like shadow master for example, or revive. I can guess what something like fire bolt has, but others are ambiguous.

I'd love to beef up holy freeze with something better than resist cold.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:18 pm

The affinities should display when you mouse over a scroll in a shop or your inventory. Look in between the name of the spell and the description, there will be something like "Affinities: Fire, Bolt, Spell".

EDIT: You can also see the current affinities your character has by looking in the character stat's interface (hit the arrows to page through all the extra stat information)
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Innomen

Post by Innomen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:25 pm

SOB I'm using an old version! GAH! My guy will die if I upgrade, holy shnikey that hurts.

I have a decision to make heehh. It took a long time to get to L30 and I have some sweet gear heheh. Is there anyway I could preserve my stash at least? Anything?

But the update sounds Awesome! I read the whole readme.

I am so kicking myself over here, I thought I had the latest one, grrr. And its not like you just released it lol.

Well anyway I'm gunna get to it.

Innomen

Post by Innomen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Edit: More stuff that you probably already know about.

Typo in the plague poppy it says my instead of by.
Poison creeper doesn't cause damage as far as I can tell.
Typo in poison creeper description
Arrow merc lets you equip arrows, not really a problem but weird.
"mana mana" error on wands etc.
Skels over powered doing 150+ per swing at level 4
Negative damage?

Now can I be in the testers credit of the next version? huh huh can I ? :P :)

I was one of the people that pointed out the lac of scrolls in act 2 in a previous version, so yeah, I'm awesome. :)
Last edited by Innomen on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

lyrikdis

Post by lyrikdis » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:21 am

first off i love this mod lol but could use sum input on builds. so sum necro and bow zons are my favs. so i was thinking about a summon fighter with sum aura type things to beef up my skellys and other pets... suggestions on points and skills?

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 am

all depend of how much synergies work... you can do archer and skelly but maybe they could result too much weak without alot of other summon skills. sadly the mod author didn't revel much on how those stuffs going :(

lyrikdis

Post by lyrikdis » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 am

accually working very well im stats im going into dex and vit and strength useing cross bow crafted and socketed for massive poison damage im like lvl 15 7 points into skellys and 4 into skell mages 1 into oak sage and 1 into thorns. got a few into others that i regret but hey live n learn. heres the result ... the the skellys and mages accually make each other very power and the sage give a very healthy bost to my minions health and with thorns they rarely get overwhelmed. and with my massive dam crossbow i have fun running around takeing out high value targets like a sniper accually turning out to be quit a fun build . i plan on switching my aura to holy freeze on 18 for the slowing effect of course and use heart of the wolverine when i get the chance to give my minions a massive power boost... but i plan on putting apsoluteing no points into attack skill. cant wait to restart this after i get sum research done :). now i just need pple to play with. god i love this skill system.

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:55 pm

sounds really fun :)

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”