Goals for 1.6B

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Goals for 1.6B

Post by Quatl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:08 am

I thought it would be a good idea to let you all know what specific areas I'm focused on for the next release (1.6B)

Skills:
Completing Skill Level <-> Affinity Level equivalence
- A number of skills don't scale properly with affinity levels
| some skills are stronger with skill lvl and some with affinity lvls
| I'm working on wrestling all the skills into compliance
- Summoning skills in particular are not working as they should be.
- Re-envisioning player mana/energy/casting relationship, is necessary
| as mana cost is not cooperative. Mana and it's related stats will be more
| important for "casterish" characters than before. The numbers will
| undoubtedly need to be tweaked a bit before they are finalized.
- Some skills are granting the wrong affinities (Firewall for example)
- Flattening the skill level requirements.
| the exact numeric attributes of various skills will most likely be in flux
| for a couple of versions.
- In my testing with preliminary values this is less disruptive than I had
| thought; however having access to the entire skill selection at once is a
| bit overwhelming.

Pruning the skill set in preparation for new skills to be added in the future
- Many skills are currently worthless. Mostly they have a direct linear
| upgrade, for example Ice Bolt vs Ice Blast.

Updating the skill descriptions to be accurate with all the new changes
- There may be a release initially with the old descriptions
- I'm thinking of altering the skill book inventory graphics, as they are still,
| I feel, too visually confusing. This may be done over a couple of
| versions.

Maybe a few new skills added
- I may add in a few of the new skills I've been working on that seem to
| be working properly.

Bugs:
The big bug with Item crafting will be fixed (the durability repair thing)
Paladin summoning undead issue (may not be fixed, it appears to be hard coded)

Miscellaneous:
- Weapon masteries have been moved off of the items and are now
| granted to all characters on creation. They still derive their values from
| Affinities only. This helps make weapons stat lists appear cleaner, and
| the functionality is the same.
- Warmth is likewise granted on character creation and grants mana
| recovery based on your energy stat.
- Sticks (wands and staves) grant more mana per energy than before.

I may have forgotten a thing or two, please feel free to comment on any of this.
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Kyonai

Post by Kyonai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Pretty impressive list you got going on there, if you want some ideas, I could probly come up with several "Ultimates". Like several Tiers of "Ultimates" (Yes I derive the name from WC3). Such as CL (Character Level) of 60 would activate the ability to skill-up (Add skill to a tome) something such as an elemental minion, 10x times a regualr minion or something of the such. The balancing would be up to you. and for a CL 70 "Ultimate" you should Be able to temporarily become invulnerable. As I said the balancing is your area, not mine xD, I try balancing skills in WC3 all the time, not a chance! Well here are my ideas so far, Good Luck!

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Goals for 1.6B

Post by Quatl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Uber skills is an interesting Idea, I'll have to chew on that for a while. They could be based on levels, attributes, or even Affinities. Say 50 or 60 in an element gives you access to something really nice.

The number of picks could be limited too perhaps by giving a special Uber-skill point (or 2) on the tome when you reach nightmare and again in hell.

Care would be needed not to make pure specialization the only rational way to build a character though. I like to reward a little bit of versatility in builds too.

Definitely an idea with a lot of potential to chew on.

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Kyonai

Post by Kyonai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:30 pm

As for Alchemy, if you would wanna get XFire, I could pool you some amazingly high amounts of ideas, seeing as I have a friend who would like to help aswell. If you decide my XFire is kyonai. Good Luck!

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:42 pm

I am playing your mod these days, and i must say i am impressed on how it works fine. Good work.
May i suggest you change "Power strike", "Charged Strike" and "Lightning strike" so they don't need to require a spear, do they?
Also if you add the assassin's charge up skills think about it too?

Is the defensive warcries (i tested only shout at lvl 3 so far) duration right (6 seconds is an overkill)?

May I suggest you watch carefully how skills that increases the same thing are in relation to each other? Here some exemples:
1 - Shout vc Defiance vs Frost Armor. (Defensive buffs)
2 - Heart of Wolverine vs Might and/or Blessed Aim. (Offensive buffs)
3 - ThunderStorm vs Armagedon vs Holy shock. (almost passive damage)

A possible bug/issue:
After meeting lvl requiriment you can add as many points as you wish i.e. after hiting lvl 12 I took Zeal to lvl 4, by decreasing other skills (not that it is that important).

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Any news on the patch? :)

DrizztAFC

Post by DrizztAFC » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Not sure if this mod is being worked on any more with Diablo 3 on the horizon :D ( can't w8 btw ), but can I throw out a few suggestions to make this mod even more AMAZING!!

As a spellcaster that travelled the depths of hell and wiped the floor with the prime evils and their minions, i've always wondered why a mage of that power couldn't create a few of thier own spells. This surely would also make visible difference between a player who specialized in magic as opposed to a babarian who just dabbles in the occasional fire bolt lol. So for example a high level mage would be able to combine 2-3 spells to make one powerfull one.

Bone Armour + Frozen Armour = Frozen Bone Armour
Shiver Armour + Chilling Armour = Sub Zero Armour etc etc ( excuse the made uo spell names :lol: )

I'm not sure how hard this would be to make happen but the possibilities seem mouthwatering , what about combining the nova spells or teleport & a nova spell to create a teleport spell with the nova spell effect.
How about combining curses , aura's or combining several fire/cold bolts to make a multi shot bolt like some pesky mobs. :P :D :twisted:

With that off my chest ,there's something else I would like to get off my mind. ( sorry )

With the countryside swarming with demons surely there must be a few power mad mages willing to try and enslave one of them, with the minion gaining xp and growing like the mercs do. With that said... whats this in my inventory?? ... a soulstone?? ... give me one good reason why I shouldn't summon one of the prime evils to feed me grapes and clean my boots..... *! EVIL LAUGH !*

So maybe a spell similar to that of the WoW enslave demon and the ability to summon one of the prime evils for several seconds (are you sure you have the ability to make a demon of that power do your bidding? just look out if he turns :twisted: ) .

Im pretty much a noob when it comes to modding Diablo so please forgive me if my ideas are rubbish or just impossible :oops: . I discovered this amazing mod by accident trying to refresh before the D3 release. If these ideas are applicable I for one would be playing D2 forever....Thank you so much for a amazing mod!!! good job!!

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”