Nice Mod

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Nice Mod

Post by Elad » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Just getting started, more or less. Level 10 Pal.
Really like the Reagent/Quintessence concept. Very Novel.
With the Inventory so small, the 1x1 Portal and Indentity tomesn and Horadic Cube feature is really neat.
Have tried a few 1K gold Reagents and a few scolls on the Horadic Tome.
Now a few questions:
Can you remove skills from the Tome?
How many levels are there? The standard 99?
Are there now or later going to be rune words and Sets?
I know there are Uniquies, as I found one.
I read most every thing and couldn't find the answeres to the questions.
Elad
Edit: Whoops!! Must be runewords, just killed the Countess.
Have 1.5E version of Mod
Last edited by Elad on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Nice Mod

Post by Quatl » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:48 pm

Elad";p="292514" wrote:Just getting started, more or less. Level 10 Pal.
Really like the Reagent/Quintessence concept. Very Novel.
With the Inventory so small, the 1x1 Portal and Indentity tomesn and Horadic Cube feature is really neat.
I'm glad you like it :) so far, LotH is still very much a work in progress. There is alot more to come, as I have time, and figure things out.

You're the first one to comment on the small tomes, and inventory :) Thanks for noticing that, I thought it was a pretty clever comprimise. Along with the PlugY stash I like how the inventory situation worked out.
Elad";p="292514" wrote:Have tried a few 1K gold Reagents and a few scolls on the Horadic Tome.
Now a few questions:
Can you remove skills from the Tome?
Yes! It's a new feature as of 1.5E, that never made it into the readme. :oops: To remove a skill point in any skill you need:
1 Scroll of the skill
1 Bottle of Alchahest (1000gp from gheed or other scroll merchant)
Place both in the cube with your Tome and Combine

One point of the skill will be removed, and returned to your skill point pool.
The Alchahest and the scroll will remain in the cube, so you can remove all points in a skill by repeatedly clicking combine untill you hear it "click" at you.

(This is described in the readme on the forum here, just not in the archive)
Elad";p="292514" wrote:How many levels are there? The standard 99?
Yep, same as vanilla
Elad";p="292514" wrote:Are there now or later going to be rune words and Sets?
Yes for now most vannila sets are arround, in the long run these will change into something else, however I havn't gotten around to this. The same is true of uniques. Both sets and uniques are rarer than normal.

Some of each of these things have already changed a little. Anything that used to give "+skill X (class X only)", "+skilltab X", or "+to all X-Class Skills" mods no longer does, as these mods do nothing now (other than possibly cause problems.) This was not done in a "nice" way. The mods were not replaced by anything else, just removed, so a few uniques and sets are now pretty useless, other than for cash.

Also all sets/uniques based on class specific items should no longer drop, as class specific items in general don't drop anymore. (except for claws of course)
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Nice Mod

Post by Elad » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:21 am

Quatl
Thanks for the help. Have removed and added many items to the Tome. Some just to try them out. Need to rob Fort Knox, spend gold like a drunken sailor. Always broke.
Just about ready to take on Andy in Norm. Will probably be a battle royal, as I am still pretty weak at lvl 16. Need to change strategy. Using a mace and a rare throwing axe. Both with 3 sockets filled with jewels. I am going cold, my Merc fire. Will do much better if I can get past her. Haven't played "vanilla" Diablo in years. Have forgotten a lot more than I remember.
No problems so far, going really smooth. Looking forward for the next changes. Thanks.
Elad

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”