Legacy of the Horadrim FAQ

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Legacy of the Horadrim FAQ

Post by Quatl » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:44 pm

[color=c8b478]Legacy of the Horadrim, Frequently Asked Questions[/color]
Last updated for v1.5E

[color=c8b478]______________________________________________________________________________[/color]
Skills/Spells

[color=00ff00]Q: Do skills gain synergies?[/color]

Not exactly, skills do gain benefits from your character's affinity levels however. You can see your character's Affinity levels by clicking the right arrow button on the character screen. The last two pages list them.

[color=00ff00]Q: Have you changed any of the skills?[/color]

Yes. Some skills have been altered in various ways, and some have been removed. Some of the removed skills may return in later versions. Most low level skills are vastly more potent at higher levels. (depending on your other skill choices of course)

[color=00ff00]Q: Why can't I add points to the Masteries, they all require level 100?[/color]

The masteries on the skill trees are just for reference. The benefits of masteries are granted automatically based on your affinity levels. The skill tree icons just let you see what benefits you currently qualify for when using appropriate equipment.

[color=00ff00]Q: My skill trees are empty except for masteries, wtf?[/color]

Skills are gained using the Horadric Tome, and skill scrolls. (RTFM)

[color=00ff00]Q: What's the deal with [color=c8b478]Orbs of Binding[/color]?[/color]

The [color=c8b478]Orbs of Binding[/color] are needed to allow you to gain the extra skill points from quests, while keeping the Tom's level requirement equal or less to the level of your character.

The first [color=c8b478]Orb[/color] must be combined with the Tome before any skills can be added. The other two are for nightmare and hell difficulties, and can be used after you reach those points in the game.

[color=00ff00]Q: What's this "+1 to Pact of the Horadrim" doing on my Tome?[/color]

It's part of a cheating protection measure. If you have more than one Tome equipped at a time the "skill" makes your character unplayable, untill you get rid of any extra Tomes.

[color=00ff00]
Q: How does the Tome's level requirement work?
Q: Why does the Tome's Level requirement Increase?
[/color]

Each skill point added adds one to the level req. The Effects from the [color=c8b478]Orbs of Binding[/color] create extra room in the level req for quest skill rewards. This is to prevent problems from "twinking" where a 50th level character could pass their Tome to a 1st level character.

It should not be possible for the Tome's Level req to exceed your character's level unless you cheat in some way to get extra skill points.

[color=c8b478]______________________________________________________________________________[/color]
Alchemy and Crafting
NOTE: The specifics of Item crafting will change soon.

[color=00ff00]Q: What is [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color]? [/color]

[color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] is the "fifth essence" as opposed to the four elements earth, air, fire, and water. It is the essence of identity, that which gives an object it's soul, nature, or form.

In LotH [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] is basically "Enchantment Points." It's a sort of magical currency with which magical enhancements are "purchased." An item must have enough available [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] for a [color=C000C0]Reagent[/color] to add it's effect to the Item.

[color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] is added to Items using a [color=C000C0]Spectral Elixir[/color]. These are sold via the Gabling screen by the appropriate vendors in town, or can drop in treasure.

[color=00ff00]Q: 10 [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] is not enough to do anything cool with, wtf? I mean really some [color=C000C0]Reagents[/color] cost more that that![/color]

The amount of [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] an item gains is based on your character Level. Initially the amounts are small, but as your character grows in power they will add more [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] when enchanting.

[color=00ff00]Q: Why can't I use [color=C000C0]Reagent[/color] X on Item Y?[/color]

There are a few possibilities. In order to successfully add a [color=C000C0]Reagent's[/color] bonus:

[color=c8b478] - [/color]The Target Item must be "Alchemicaly Enhanced" using a [color=C000C0]Spectral Elixer[/color]

[color=c8b478] - [/color]The Target Item must Have enough Quintessense points available
[color=c8b478] | [/color](the [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] cost is shown on the [color=C000C0]Reagent's[/color] description.)

[color=c8b478] - [/color]The Target Item must be of an appropriate type
[color=c8b478] | [/color](The item type(s) a particular [color=C000C0]Reagent[/color] can work with are shown in the [color=C000C0]Reagent's[/color] description)

[color=c8b478] - [/color]There could be a bug. If you are unable to add an effect, and all of the above rules are
[color=c8b478] | [/color]satisfied, Let me know. It's possible for individual [color=C000C0]Reagents[/color], and combos, to be bugged

[color=00ff00]Q: How do I enchant an item?[/color]

Briefly:

1. Buy a [color=c8b478]Spectral Elixir[/color] from any gambler
2. Cube the item you wish to enchant with the Elixir
This will add [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color] to the item and turn it's description purple and orange.
3. Cube the Alchemicaly Enhanced Item with a [color=C000C0]Reagent[/color]
If the item has enough [color=C000C0]Quintessence[/color], and is the right type, the effect will be added.

4. Repeat step 3 with the same or other [color=C000C0]Reagents[/color]
Multiple applications of the same [color=C000C0]Reagent[/color] will in most cases increase the effect. Nearly every numeric type property works this way.

[color=00ff00]Q: Can I enchant items that are already magic, rare, unique, or sets?[/color]

Yes. All Equipable items except for arrows, bolts, and throwing potions can be enchanted.

Technical Problems:

[color=00ff00]Q: My skill trees look weird, all my class's skills are there but there are no connection graphics between them.
Q:The shops are selling invisible Items, or every item is called "an evil force".
Q:The Horadric Cube Doesn't work at all!
Q: When I try to load a character, the game crashes, says "bad inventory," or otherwise poops out.
Q: wtf is Assertion Error?
Q: I want to play on battle net sometimes how can I do that and still play LotH?
Q: I want to play some other mod too, but it uses a different D2 version, how can I run both?
[/color]
These problems are (nearly always) caused by version problems. LotH only works with Diablo II LOD v1.10(final) all other versions will cause one or more of the problems above. Some mods may leave altered dlls lurking in your D2 directory, which can mess things up too. Especially if they are not uninstalled properly.

You can get the shiny clean dlls and files for any version of D2 from the PhrozenKeep's file center. for 1.10(final) go here: v1.10 Dlls

There are several utilities to help running mods, and multiple versions of Diablo 2. You can find some of them here: Mod management Utilities

The other Major cause of these errors, is D2Mod not being installed properly. The directions are in the readme file, but here it is again:
1. Copy D2Mod.dll and D2ModSetup.bat from the LotH(v) directory to D2's Main directory
(on default installations that's from "c:\Program Files\Diablo II\Loth(v)\" to"c:\Program Files\Diablo II\"
2. Run D2ModSetup.bat
This will pop up a little window, which can say two different things. If it says "Are you sure you want to install this mod?" click yes, and try to run the mod again. This means it was not installed properly and was most likely the problem.

If it says "Are you sure you want to remove this mod?" click no, and check that you have the right version of all D2 files. You probably have either the wrong version of D2 or some left over dll from another mod in the way.
Last edited by Quatl on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”