Original Legacy of the Horadrim Thread

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

Jounk33

Re: Legacy of the Horadrim

Post by Jounk33 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:05 pm

Tiger Strike for Barbarian:
I hope you can understand my bad english ;)

The Skill is loading, but can't unload with an other special strike from the barbarian, Dopple Twist, or Bash.
With a normal attack the Tiger Strike will unload.
With the Assisine Tiger Strike unloads with every attack, normal or special attak.

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:50 pm

All chargeup skills can be released with either a normal attack or one of the asn Dragon skills. Other attack type skills don't work (Bash, Zeal, ...).

You should be able to use any of the Dragon skills except Dragon Claw (which requires Claws to be equipped) unless that skill was changed to accept other weapons. Or Claws were changed to be allowed by the Barb as well.

A while ago I used a char editor to give some of my vanilla chars different oskills and DTalon did work with some chars at least.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:56 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288563"]Tiger Strike for Barbarian:
I hope you can understand my bad english ;)
[/quote]
No wories Jounk33, your english is not so bad. I've never had trouble understanding you :)
[quote=Jounk33";p="288563"]
The Skill is loading, but can't unload with an other special strike from the barbarian, Dopple Twist, or Bash.
With a normal attack the Tiger Strike will unload.
With the Assisine Tiger Strike unloads with every attack, normal or special attak.[/quote]
Yes, I thought this might show up, I hadn't tested it though.

It is fixable, but I'm not sure if every attack should work as a finisher. For now it may be better for me to just mark all melee strikes as finishers for simplicity. [EDIT: Actualy only single target, melee strikes like bash, jab, and such. Multi-target skills might carry the charge release to every attack which would be too much I think.]

There may be a similar problem with the druid were-wolf and were-bear being able to cast sorceress or other spells while transformed (meaning they should not be castable in non-human form. Perhaps someone has tried this, I havn't gotten around to testing these.)

Thank you for the help with these skill bugs Jounk33. You are really helping me out.

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:09 pm

[quote=Quatl";p="288567"]
Thank you for the help with these skill bugs Jounk33. You are really helping me out.
[/quote]
It's a plesure. This mod makes fun.

Wake of Fire the same as Blade Sentinel.
When I want to cast the skill, the barbarian become invisible, as long as I command the next action.
Thats why I think, its an animation problem.

meimo

Post by meimo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:08 pm

hi, quatl
I'm afraid it did not work. I had another fresh install 1.10, unzipped 1.4d
to the d2dir, put the shortcut to the desktop, changed the startline according to my dir, copied the dll and the setup into the d2dir and ran the bat.
my ama shows up with the outfit she's got to wear but as soon as she moves it changes to the javelin. so right now I can't even play the bugged version.
the data is full of inv's.
so, I'm sorry, you're sorry, but that doesn't get me to playing your game.

any other idea?????

meimo

hey, jounk33,
what did you do to get this mod to work properly??
Last edited by meimo on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Meimo Quatl and I never figured out how to get 1.4-1.4c to work on my computer, it just worked the next time he patched it
"Do You Serve a Purpose, or Purposely Serve?"
Working on Secret Project!
I am always willing to beta test for anyone just PM me.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:49 pm

meimo,
You are the first I've heard of this problem from, I'm trying to picture what could be causeing it. I think I may have miss read your first post some reason. I thought you had missing graphics. Is it that you are missing the text (strings,words)?

Are you playing on a non english language instalation? If so you may need to rename a folder. "[LotH]\Data\Local\LNG\ENG" Change the folder name to the proper language code may make it work. [EDIT: [strike]It's usualy the 1st 3 letters of the english word for the language. "FRE" for French, "GER" for german etc.[/strike] See a few posts down for proper folder names]

This is a guess on my part. I don't have acsess to a diferent or multi-language instalation disk. If this is the problem let me know, and I'll include a note in the readme for non-english instalation.

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:13 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288569"]
Wake of Fire the same as Blade Sentinel.
When I want to cast the skill, the barbarian become invisible, as long as I command the next action.
Thats why I think, its an animation problem.[/quote]
Sounds like it is the "casting" animation, hopefuly it's an easy fix :) This sounds like it may be a problem with all traps, if I remember corectly the assassin does a weird gesture when she makes the traps. I'll have to check them all.

I'll look at these soon, hopefuly for the next release.

-Quatl

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:28 pm

[quote=meimo";p="288573"]
hey, jounk33,
what did you do to get this mod to work properly??[/quote]
I've just done as discripte.
Install D2+LOD new.
Patch to 1.10.
Unzip the last LotH in the D2 Folder.
Copy the D2Mod.dll and bat in the D2 Folder and the Shortcut to the desc.
Start the bat and write down the corect path in the shortcut.
This way works.

And specialy rename the ENG Folder to DEU for German. This makes that nearly everything in the game is listed in english but without that, the new items will appear without any discription.
But I'll translate the final mod version.

EDIT:
Quatl,
Just to your information.
There isen't any skilleffekt too. The barbarian become invisible and no other effektanimation will happens and no trapeffekt damage the enemys.
Last edited by Jounk33 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:40 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288579"]
And specialy rename the ENG Folder to DEU for German. This makes that nearly everything in the game is listed in english but without that, the new items will appear without any discription.
But I'll translate the final mod version.[/quote]
Opps looks like I was mislead by ITA, CHI and RUS ;)
From looking in the MPQ file it looks like the language codes are:
ENG -> English
CHI -> Chinese, I'm guessing, not sure which Chinese though.
DEU -> German (Deuch ?)
ESP -> Spanish (Espaniol ?)
FRA -> French (Francaise ? how is that spelled)
ITA -> Italian (Italiano? Italiana? which gender? )
JPN -> Japanese, I asume
KOR -> Korean?
POL -> Polish?
POR -> Portugese ? (don't know how to spell this one either)
RUS -> Russian?

May be this list should be in the readme.
-Quatl

[EDIT: @Jounk33:Thanks for the help with folder names. No skill effect from the traps is bad, I'll see what I can do]
Last edited by Quatl on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:26 am

There is a one-byte file which goes in data\local called USE (no extension), that determines which language and folder to get string data from. You can create it in a hex editor, the value to force English is 00. I understand you can create it in Notepad using a space as the single character to get the same effect. Put that in your mod directory structure and people should not have to worry about moving files around for the display.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:06 am

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="288594"]There is a one-byte file which goes in data\local called USE (no extension), that determines which language and folder to get string data from. You can create it in a hex editor, the value to force English is 00. I understand you can create it in Notepad using a space as the single character to get the same effect. Put that in your mod directory structure and people should not have to worry about moving files around for the display.[/quote]
AH! very nice to know, thank you for this bit of wisdom :) I would never have thought to even look for such a thing.

Jounk33 has generously offered to do a German translation when the mod is more complete. I asume that for translated versions I'd have to either remove the force file or experiment to find the proper number. Or is there a recource hideing on the forums someplace about this "USE" file feature? [EDIT: never mind I found it :)]

I agree that making folks move things around is not good. I am thinking of putting a launcher together, possibly configureable so others could use it for their mods. For rearangeing dlls, and whatever else needs to be done. Integrateing a language selection feature would be nice. The mod should be able to force english for languages without a translation, while allowing any translations that are done to load (by hideing USE before launch.)

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:17 am

@meimo try replacing the the current cmd line (/mod loth -direct -txt )with -mod d2mod -direct -txt then open up d2mod.Ini in the loth folder and add plugy.dll=plugy.Dll under all the other entries like that hope this works.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:39 am

[quote=Quatl";p="288567"]It is fixable, but I'm not sure if every attack should work as a finisher. For now it may be better for me to just mark all melee strikes as finishers for simplicity. [EDIT: Actualy only single target, melee strikes like bash, jab, and such. Multi-target skills might carry the charge release to every attack which would be too much I think.][/quote]
The two assassin multi-strike finishers (DTalon and DClaw) don't release the charges more than once so I would assume that other multi-target skills would work the same way.
My best guess is that the game simply clears the flags that contol chargeups when it releases them. So if you use Zeal as your finisher, on the first strike the charges are released and the flags cleared. When the next strike comes, the charges are already gone and won't release again. I guess that if the first strike in the Zeal sequence misses that the charges would be released with the next strike.

meimo

Post by meimo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:51 am

thx for your help!!
but I'm afraid none of it worked, so I'll just wait for the next release.

meimo

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 am

@meimo did any of the versions of loth work and what operating system are you running ? Also do you have any of the log files ?
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

meimo

Post by meimo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:16 am

hi, necrolis
I've only tried 1.4d which did not work properly, I don't know about the elder versions.

3,2GHz
Radeon

I don't know about the log files, where are they?

meimo

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:33 am

The log files are yymmdd.Txt files in your d2 directory.The reason i ask about the version is that it could be the d2mod or something similar.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:36 pm

[quote=Nameless";p="288612"]
The two assassin multi-strike finishers (DTalon and DClaw) don't release the charges more than once so I would assume that other multi-target skills would work the same way.
My best guess is that the game simply clears the flags that contol chargeups when it releases them. So if you use Zeal as your finisher, on the first strike the charges are released and the flags cleared. When the next strike comes, the charges are already gone and won't release again. I guess that if the first strike in the Zeal sequence misses that the charges would be released with the next strike.
[/quote]
I think you're right :)
After checking the relevant files all regular melee attacks are alreay flaged as finishers. I'll have to check in vanilla and see if it works there. It may be a deeper problem than I thought.

On the upside I now have blade sentinal (and in theory all other assasin traps) working properly as cross class, as well as the druid's arctic blast. So these will work on the next release.

-Quatl

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:15 pm

[quote=meimo";p="288617"]thx for your help!!
but I'm afraid none of it worked, so I'll just wait for the next release.

meimo[/quote]
I'm sorry to hear that meimo. The next release should be ready soon. If you could send me your most recent log file, it may help me figure out the problem. It is probly called "D2060919.txt" if you copy the contents into a PM to me I'd apritiate it. It may not only lead to a solution to your problem, but help prevent others from haveing the same problem in the future.

If you'ld like,include your email address in the pm and I'll send you the archive directly, just in case it got corupted on the way down to you.

-Quatl

[EDIT:------------------General News--------------------]
Preview of Beta 1.4E is now availible.
Download it from my first post in the thread (As always)

The change log is there, please read it over before installing.
Note: Saves from v1.4D should work fine.

--Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:23 pm

Okay, thanks for the new beta.

A little request.
I found the Quintessence to powerful.
With QE 200 I can upgrade a dagger about 100 Damage, makes a total of 104 max. Damage.
Some alchemistc regants sould be use more QE

EDIT:
To rename the Language-Folder makes the modifikated items become nameless. So, I musen't rename.
When I translate, I need a list of all new and renamed items. I wonder becuse in version 1.3 only the new items where in english when I rename language folder, but in version 1.4+ the complete items are in english.

EDIT 2: Arctic Blast works.
Last edited by Jounk33 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:19 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288688"]Okay, thanks for the new beta.
A little request.
I found the Quintessence to powerful.
With QE 200 I can upgrade a dagger about 100 Damage, makes a total of 104 max. Damage.
Some alchemistc regants sould be use more QE
[/quote]
I agree, quentessence costs were not done in an intelegent way. They definately need to be altered. There are many things in the mod that are too easy. Most of them are the first things I added and I wasn't thinking very deeply about them.
[quote=Jounk33";p="288688"]
To rename the Language-Folder makes the modifikated items become nameless. So, I musen't rename.
When I translate, I need a list of all new and renamed items. I wonder becuse in version 1.3 only the new items where in english when I rename language folder, but in version 1.4+ the complete items are in english.
[/quote]
The big change in 1.4 was that some strings that had to change were in the Base tbl file, the patch tbl won't overide them.

To make sure I understand. If you just install and play, you see the names, but if you rename the ENG folder there are no names? This is how it "should" work now.

For the translation I'll give you an export file with only the new strings to edit. Then I can include them.

I'll need to make an installer that will allow language selection. So folks who read german can use your translation, and others can still play in english without problems. (and if others ask to do translations for other languages they can work too.)
[quote=Jounk33";p="288688"]
EDIT 2: Arctic Blast works.[/quote]
Good news :)

Thank you for your help, I really apritiate it :)

-------------------------------------------

[color=FF0000]CRASH BUG WARNING[/color]
Stay away from Double Swing with the assassin.

It can cause a crash if you get hit in the middle of a swing. I'll dissable this skill for assassins next time If I can't get it to work.

Everything was fine for about 20 mins then it crashed, I sort of know what the problem is but fixing it may take a while.

[EDIT: I've been able to make this work ... sort of, the graphics don't look right but it does proper damage. Frenzy, should work now too (internaly they are similar)]

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:47 am

Is it possible to upgrade driectly from 1.4c to 1.4E?
It seems I missed one update ;).
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:19 am

[quote=Phlebiac";p="288744"]Is it possible to upgrade driectly from 1.4c to 1.4E?
It seems I missed one update ;).[/quote]
Yes

There was still an issue with the Tome in 1.4C. Tomes from C will work but stay broken if they had this problem. (the problem was an incorectly low level req in some circumstances) If any of your characters has a funky Tome, you may want to get them a new one. Save files themselves should load fine :)

[EDIT: by the way, when a new version breaks saves, I am sneaky and rename the save directory ;) So if you upgrade versions and your characters are missing from the load screen it means they may be broken. You can always try to copy them from the old directory, but don't be suprised if they give an error or crash on loading. If you see the character then it should be safe to load. Although there is always a small chance I've broken something without realising it, of course.]

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:11 pm

@meimo could you pm me your log files? Id be willing to do an italian translation for loth and you can use plugy to change the languages.

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”