Installing ES with 1.14d or 2nd install?

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Byto

Installing ES with 1.14d or 2nd install?

Post by Byto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi,

Haven't played ES in years, but I'm fiending again. I tried to create a 2nd d2 install last night, patched it only to 1.10 and then tried installing ES and it didn't work. I was following the guide instructions but I'm not exactly sure what to do. D2 1.10 ran vanilla but not with ES. In the end I uninstalled the 2nd installation of d2 I had, but now the Blizzard app version (1.14d) doesn't have an uninstall button. I had tried to put ES on it, but that failed. Yet the game still runs, I just can't uninstall it... Why?

All I want is to be able to play both vanilla ladder, and have Eastern sun available on my computer. Can someone help me or am I speaking to a graveyard?

Thanks for reading.
ONLY 664 CHARACTERS LEFT!! OH NOOO!!

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Installing ES with 1.14d or 2nd install?

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:21 am

Delete the 1.14 version, reinstall and patch to 1.10-1.13c. Install D2SE(just google it). Download Eastern Sun Com. plugin.

Cheers
AlphA

Byto

Re: Installing ES with 1.14d or 2nd install?

Post by Byto » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:55 am

So I tried that, but the issue is the D2 install I have is from blizzard, the online version. You cannot download 1.10 from their downloader. I think when I tried to install and uninstall the 2nd copy it screwed my registry up. Do I just delete the 1.14 folder? I have no uninstall button for 1.14 in that folder or in my program list.

I forgot to check this for a while but I'm still tryna.
ONLY 664 CHARACTERS LEFT!! OH NOOO!!

Return to “Eastern Sun”