Problem with ES :(

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

ivanweiss

Problem with ES :(

Post by ivanweiss » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:08 am

Hi guys!! First of all, I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'll delete it if this is not the right place to post in order to clean the mess.
I've been playing the Eastern Sun mod since last month and found it is excellent, it's just what I needed to love even more Diablo 2. But recently when I start playing the game, it crashes :( Just a few seconds of it running and the "Access Violation Code (c0000005)" error appears and forces me to shut everything down. I've tried:

1) Uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game (and mod)
2) Clicking Properties --> Compatibility --> Run as admin
--> Windows XP compatibility
3) Advanced System Config. --> Performance --> Allow Diablo 2 (and all .exe's I've found there just in case)

Just wanted to point out that the vanilla version of Diablo 2 LoD works, and that before the problem came in, I made a LOT of stash movement with a level 56 Necro.
I really want to play the mod, if anyone can help me out with any advice it would be great!! Thanks for your time, and sorry to bother!!

Cheers from Argentina!! :D

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Re: Problem with ES :(

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:34 am

try to remove the shared stash file

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:43 am

Thanks for answering J'P!! Which file is it?? I guess it is in the PlugY subdirectory. Am I wrong??

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:57 am

its in the save folder from your mod.

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 am

Thanks again J'P :) Tried it, but didn't work quite well...
Got new info about the problem: I made a new character (Amazon) and it worked perfectly, seems like the problem might be the Necromancer only. It's my fav character :( Is there a chance that it might got corrupted for some reason?? The error pops out sooner if I open my inventory. Maybe it's something about it...

PS: got nothing in my shared stash page/s now

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:40 am

Did u used the revert function of plugin?

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:55 am

Don't really know whats that o.O

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:34 pm

i guess 1 or more of your items has too many properties, which is quite common in Eastern Sun due to tinkering, socketing, etc ...

Try the following: Open your nec and the first thing in the new game, hover over each of his items with the cursor. If you hover over one and the game crashes you have found the source ...

All you gotta do then is die and make sure NOT to pick up the corpse, but have the slot filled where that item would usually go to. So instead of being equipped it will go into your inventory. This should deduct a couple of lines which you can even continue to do with the magic eraser.

good luck :)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:13 pm

That is if it is a Set item...if it's any other kind it wont lose the lines...

you can do it with Shift or Alt i forgot which one since you wont see the properties of an item that way...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:45 am

Problem solved!! Thank to you guys, of course. GogoDanny, your idea was interesting since I've heard it's a common issue in the mod; I doubted it sinced I did very little tinkering and no socketing yet. Anyways, it was your comment the one that saved it: I hovered every item in my inventory and it didn't crashed in any particular one, it just seemed to be a matter of time, not a matter of a specific item hovered, or with too many magic affixes/suffixes. I went to Naraku, died, and didn't picked up my corpse. Hovered my charms and stuff and it didn't crashed; then I played my chances and picked up the body... and nothing happened after some minutes playing doing some Andy runs :D Now it works (played during 1hr) with no problems at all. Hovered ALL my items, opened my stash and reviewed all pages, everything seems to be in order. Looks like dying solved the problem, as weird as that sounds.

Thank you again guys!! Losing my Necro would have been sad (it's my fav character).
Lucifer, thanks for the info, will have it in count later on if this happens again!! (it's the Alt key ;) )

Return to “Eastern Sun”