Yeah, I'm back again, so what?

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Yeah, I'm back again, so what?

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Figured I'd give this another run. Are we moving on to the D2SE Module still? Did they ever get the skills and merc fixed yet?
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Yeah, I'm back again, so what?

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:11 pm

I think it was not fixed,besides you can install ES normally and have a bunch of D2SE mods installed with it since D2SE mods don't need any specific version of D2X and ES does...

Welcome back...seems that our diaries are soon to be history...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Well I hit a really big roadblock.

D2SE won't launch the mod. It crashes silently after hitting Play Mod or Play D2.

Maybe it's because on my recent install, the Vid_Test.exe no longer exists as video mode is configured with commandline parameters now.
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Look into the Snej Forum. You will find some informations about ES. Also and Updated D2SE Plugin and a rehosted ES Database (old one expired).
Also if u got problems with a mod that doesn't run, check if u got compatibility mode Windows 7 (not xp) and admin permissions set.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Might have to do that, it could be the case. If it's calling Diablo II.exe then I could push compat mode. Forgot to even think about that.

EDIT: D2SE was set to compatibility mode, now I get the error that "d2data.mpq" is corrupt. I didn't even touch the thing.

Now I have to hunt for a 1.10f patch.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:47 pm

thepsycho2" wrote:Might have to do that, it could be the case. If it's calling Diablo II.exe then I could push compat mode. Forgot to even think about that.

EDIT: D2SE was set to compatibility mode, now I get the error that "d2data.mpq" is corrupt. I didn't even touch the thing.

Now I have to hunt for a 1.10f patch.
Looks like u installed D2SE/Eastern Sun via 1.14x. If so, you can't downgrade from 1.14x atm. If u are going to look into the Snej Forum, there are Installers for 1.12x which works with D2SE.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Will look into it. I don't have my discs so I have to use the bnet downloaders. Should I get the base, then downpatch, then D2SE?

EDIT: I see what had to be done. ES is working again. Thankful that the D2 keys that I own never go away. This will probably be my last post here for ES.

Return to “Eastern Sun”