Merc's item slots don't work

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

skogstrollet

Merc's item slots don't work

Post by skogstrollet » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of d2 and I can't belive I havn't seen this mod until now. Recently started to play d2 single player again and
wanted to test a mod=) It's pretty awesome and I'm level 85 atm trying to advance in hell.
Anyway, I havn't been using a merc since he's so weak, I can only equipp the vanilla slots, but I can see the other item slots on the merc tho.

D2 lod is fresh installed, ES is installed in order provided from the topic, Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions, (auto installers).
Everything else seems to work fine, havn't had a chance to test that many receipes yet. The merc part really bothers me because it seems like
alot of fun to farm him gear too.

I just noticed there's a newer patch, community patch ESR6E Unofficial Release 4. Would this solve merc problem?
Been googling without results so I'm praying for some help here.

Btw mercs weapon, torso and head armor slots have the usual images in them while the rest, gloves, boots, belt, accesory have black squares.

Thanks, /matte

drolnomed2

Re: Merc's item slots don't work

Post by drolnomed2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 am

mine didnt work too but after reinstalling once they did. i use the 6D patch.
i also installed the https://sites.google.com/site/madbrahmin/d2es so that may have made it to work isntead*i use the picker/nohide to stop windowed mode from minimizing >D
i doubt glide wrapper effected it,also make the shortcut or w/e run as admin/service pack windows 2/16color bit or more.
for some reason it randomly works or doesent,from other ppl i have given the clean gamefiles of my installation,so they dont have to install all these things,some of them can use merc gear,some cant,same for me.
few times i could not,few times i could,same installation proccess(of ES)

edit,maybe the fact im using 1.10 patch effects it too.

skogstrollet

Post by skogstrollet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi, and thank you for your answer. I did just now find some older topics on this, I do belive the fact that you play 1.10 matters in this case.
I will however keep looking and trying and update here if I find a way to solve it.

Edit: I uninstalled and cleaned up, (backup on char save files). Installed d2 lod again and ES manually instead of the auto installer.
Put my saves back in and launched. Char seems fine, my merc can use ALL slots it seems, even tho the slots are still black but it works!
I've yet to discover if I lost anything in the process, kinda feels like the install I did the first time held alot of more files than I have now.
Gonna test now but so far so good=)

Edit 2: Was too good to be true. Can't go act 5 now, hmm.

skogstrollet

Post by skogstrollet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:29 pm

skogstrollet" wrote:Hi, and thank you for your answer. I did just now find some older topics on this, I do belive the fact that you play 1.10 matters in this case.
I will however keep looking and trying and update here if I find a way to solve it.

Edit: I uninstalled and cleaned up, (backup on char save files). Installed d2 lod again and ES manually instead of the auto installer.
Put my saves back in and launched. Char seems fine, my merc can use ALL slots it seems, even tho the slots are still black but it works!
I've yet to discover if I lost anything in the process, kinda feels like the install I did the first time held alot of more files than I have now.
Gonna test now but so far so good=)

Edit 2: Was too good to be true. Can't go act 5 now, hmm.
Did yet another reinstall zz. This time the auto installer, after install, editing path etc etc I deleted the merc files and replaced them with the
zip you can download from the manual section. I also never did the video test. Then launched the game and it just, works.
Merc can wear all items, A5 don't crash. And also multires working now, I didn't bother to try fix it before.

Return to “Eastern Sun”