Loading up in full screen question.

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

DuckManParkey

Loading up in full screen question.

Post by DuckManParkey » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Why does it take me like 2 mins+ to open ES in full screen? It does this like countdown through all the letters numbers and symbols on the upper left of my screen before it starts. But in window mode it starts right up. Anyway to just start right in to it?

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Loading up in full screen question.

Post by Firesnake » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 am

Whenever I have that problem it's either a problem with the graphics driver (rarely) or just the wrong graphics mode. Try changing between DirectDraw, Direct3D and 3Dfx to see if it helps, normally it solves the problem.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:57 pm

If you have a good 3D graphics card, you can get a wrapper that allows you to use the Glide function for Diablo 2. Look for "Svens Wrapper", and put it in the Diablo2 directory. Run the glide-init program and hit English (to see everything in English), then the top option "OpenGL-Infos" and hit Query. It'll run some tests, and tell you how good the card is, as well as enable pointers as you make settings changes.

However, from your point of view it seems your card can't handle Direct3D well (typical if you have Intel HD Graphics). You will have to downgrade to DirectDraw. The wrapper will provide no benefit.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 pm

This problem normally happens in vista and upwards, disabling desktop composition & visual themes for the game.exe via right-click -> properties -> compatibility should fix it
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “Eastern Sun”