Looking for an Old Version

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Blackraven3000

Looking for an Old Version

Post by Blackraven3000 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:42 pm

I'm looking for an older version of Eastern Sun that was before the stuff like Socket Donut was added.
I never remember there being the weird custom items/art for crafting and when I installed the most recent version it had all this weird stuff.
Also I think the character skills changed from the older version to this newest version. I feel like it was pre 3.00 but I'm having trouble finding information.

If anyone can help me Identify what version I'm looking for and possible dl links I would be one happy man.
Thank you for your time!

Edit: Trying to use waybackmachine to help find the version information.

But i'm still having trouble verifying what version it was that I use to play. could it have been the very last v2 patch or one of the first v3. *rubs chin*
Found this post but it seems to not list the last v2 release. also all the links are d e a d
viewtopic.php?p=136664#p136664

editedit: I was able to find this:
http://www.fileplanet.com/135429/130000 ... lic-Beta-1
Well it certainly doesnt have the funky custom crafting items and changed skill tree.
I dont remember if the health globes are normal or this custom art. either way this is probably the closest i'll find online.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Looking for an Old Version

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:19 am

man,the latest verion is MUCH improved,just dl it and check the documentation,all that stuff is real easy to figure out...instead of going back to no longer supported versions...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Blackraven3000

Post by Blackraven3000 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 am

I think you missed the point of why I want the old version...
I don't want the larg skill overhaul & the custom art + crafting materials.

I understand you think the newest version is better but I liked the version that I played before all these additions were made.

cpt_chaos
Banned
Knight

Post by cpt_chaos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:01 am

I dont know which version you search for, i got R5d, R5f, R5h from the older ones

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Here's an apparently working download for the 2.3 beta of eastern sun
http://www.fileplanet.com/135429/130000 ... lic-Beta-1

This should be before the new skills like time stop were added. I'm not sure which version it is, but I remember that there were times when mobs with holy shock aura could one- or two-hit whole summoner necro armies. Good old times on a (was it romanian) server :D

This appears to be the last version before 3.00 came out. I was able to find older references still, but no downloads.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 am

As has been said, R6D was a fab improvement, and not sure why anyone would want to play any prior version.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:13 am

Nostalgia

Tastes differ

Return to “Eastern Sun”