HC Challenge for myself...

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Re: HC Challenge for myself...

Post by the_bogan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:17 am

All of act 2 done. I'm on the town wifi and left my stats at home. No real problems with act 2 except my necro who lowered to players 3 till he can get his frozen spear up to do enough damage. My blaze sorc was the quickest to kill duriel which surprised me.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Be careful,HC can be painfull,especially if you rush the specials unprepared...

I still have only one to push thru Baal on Nightmare...maybe I'll even transfer my chars from my home pc to wife's laptop...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:00 am

Lucifer I'm used to hardcore. Can't recall the last time I played softcore. Most of act three done. Just sin and druid to go. Zon is amazing in mf

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:34 am

Please see the Troubleshooting thread sticky....my Necro here has a major issue.:( I was so close to being done with Normal, too....sigh.

Got back to this, after another long break. My Necro just defeated Nilhatek and lived through the Normal special areas. Was worried, behind the last of my melee characters. But, no great scares. Paladin up next.

Edit: Paladin done.....not too scary.....Sorceress is Immolating through now....she's a mean machine.

Edit again: Sorceress is done and the whole crew now move to Nightmare....looking forward to it, after that ordeal:)
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:16 pm

Well i'm back to my own chars,they are so weak,i have to farm normal areas so the going is slow...

EDIT
Well,farming Bloody Foothills in Nightmare can pay off,even the first golden Rune dropped for a couple of my chars,slowly making them stronger for the challenge ahead.
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:58 am

I accidently deleted my character files, so I'm going to restart this for myself to get some hopefully interestingly godly characters in a year or two.

Amazon- Mina (Magic/Exploding/Lightning Arrow)
Asassin - Delore (Phoenix Strike)
Necromancer - Kvola (Killer Scythe/Poison Slash)
Barbarian - Dil (Bash/Berserk)
Paladin - Heartless (Zeal/Holy Freeze)
Sorceress - Tendra (Fanatic Swing/Blizzard)
Druid - Bogan (Cow Balloon/Charged Claws)

Some interesting combos I've never tried there, slow and steady should do some of them.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:21 pm

well good to know i am not alone at this hackfest...

you WILL struggle with your Zon,i csn assure you of that,unless you get your hands on both Fire and Lightning Mastery...the sorc might prove troublesome because of low HP too...be very careful in the specials...

Good luck...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 am

Fire and Lightning mastery aren't a big deal for my Zon, the main killing skill will be Magic Arrow, the others are nice synergies and for dealing with Magic immunes.

I'm not expecting the Sorc to be a killing machine, I chose her mainly for the interest in seeing if it was a viable combo. I almost went with Ice Nova instead of Blizzard.

Both the Sorc and Zon are done with Act one. No problems so far.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:28 pm

It is a viable combo,made one recently,completely twinked she rocked...

well i think my weaker char are almost ready for Baal Nightmare,then we will be farming specials in Nightmare for a while...Gonna try Necro tonight...might die in the attempt...but the wait is over,none of them are as strong as the Assassin,but will work on that with class crafts and some rolling,the resources are limited thou...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:41 am

I just stopped by to see what's been happening. Good to see you guys are still at it!

Guess my longest ES/D2 break ever, but after trying inferior ARPG games, etc, I think I will be back to these characters pretty soon:)

Problem is got a new(used Win 7) laptop, so have to reinstall everything and hope I can get all my chars and stuff off old one.....
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:44 am

Slowly getting along.

All my characters have completed act 2, and the barb and Zon have done act 3.
A couple of changes to my planned characters.

My Druid is focusing on Poison Creeper, with a couple of points in Cow Balloon. I can see this is going to be one of my slowest characters, but hopefully has a good shot at surviving.

No scares with any of my characters, except for my Zon having to scamper back to the Flayer jungle after accidently wandering into the Marsh or Pain and waking a boss pack of Living Mauls.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:59 pm

All of my characters have finished act 1 in NM and Andariel gave us few worries.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Bogan you will not be able to kill of Nihla,Metalspark and Wyverns ever with the Druid unless you invest in shapeshifting too...the Creeper just wont be good in Boss fight on more than p/1...tried it in softcore...

Billy glad to see you back in action...

will update the first post with progress at some point...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Bogan you will not be able to kill of Nihla,Metalspark and Wyverns ever with the Druid unless you invest in shapeshifting too...the Creeper just wont be good in Boss fight on more than p/1...tried it in softcore...

Billy glad to see you back in action...

will update the first post with progress at some point...
So slow but surely with cow balloon doesn't cut it?
I'll find out once the rest of my characters run through act 4.

The druid did marsh of pain at level 24, won through, did the other act 3 special areas easy but slow

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Don't go breaking the rules man...no specials until Baal of difficulty has been slain...we will forgive this time,after all you probably forgot...and no specials under p/4 too... Cow Ballon won't help you much against uber bosses...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am

Hah, yeah I forgot about that.

The druid was the only one to do marsh of pain, but all my characters had done Bookstore Serena because I've been going off my rule of all quests need to be completed (with the exception of the imbuing)

Just the Assassin and Barb to go on act 4. Should get that done tonight and then it's on to act 5 and gearing up for the specials.

Random note #1 - between all my characters finds I have five complete sets of Rathol's Disease.
Random note #2 - 11 ores have dropped, two of them empty. 18 crystals so far.
Random note #3 - the druid is still wearing the 1st level druid se, the unique hachigane and an evolution armour for 15% experience gain
Random note #4 - between all my characters, I could make a LOD ornate armour and Gilded Shield....

edit: so Dil is now Ruiner Dil at level 56. still using the level 16 barb set, but crafter a nice helm and ring for him.
Bash is maxed, alternating between the warcries and berserk at the moment. Even with 2.5k life sometimes his life bulb seemed to drop half a fair bit against Listers Ghosts. None of the others were any problem, although the cold merc is only just starting to be equipped properly.

Not sure which character to take through next. Will have a break for a few hours. it is almost 5pm Friday and I live over a pub after all

edit 2: Well took the Druid through act 5 (excluding special areas). A bit slow with Baal but other than that easy. Although I really should upgrade his equipment. At least my holy fire merc has the merc set and a fair bit of life steal as well as Mighty gloves. Onto the special areas while I decide what to try and equip him with. None of the sets seem appealing

edit 3: Well a couple of weeks ago my Assasin died to a boss pack of Lister's Ghosts. My fault, hit a healing potion when I should have hit a full rejuv. Almost killed them all too.

Back into it now with Bella, going the psychic route with Dragon Talon.
On the bright side, I get five continuous acts with her :-)

edit 4: Bella is now level 16, I got a great map with Bisibush right next to the map and I ran him from level 7 through to 15, hoping of a jackpot of some sort. Gave up and went and killed Bloodraven to get a hireling. Redid that, went down to the crypts, first kill, Assassin Jackpot.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Well...been playing HC recently a lot...mostly trying for at least one Unique Charm with every char...Amazons Luck in that regard is terrible,Clvl 75,still did not kill Baal off even though i could,strolling around on p/5 just to be safe...i think only one of the others is still trying for a Perfect Cell or something before i proceed onward...

Anyway all are above Clvl 70...and strong too...life may be a problem with the Necro and Sorc thou...

Edit

Well,had to spend several hours shopping with 4 of my chars...Assassin took one hour to spawn a +12 BO jav,Necro and Druid half an hour for +10 and +12,and my Amazon took THREE hours to spawn a +9 BO...My Sorc and Pala have a Defensive Barb Merc,and my Barb has a better BO with crap gear than the Merc could ever have...

Now,among my chars those ready for Nihla Nightmare are Assassin and Paladin,and maybe Barb...I just did not find some items with the rest yet...but soon...

Edit
Well,only Barb and Sorc left to do Baal Nightmare,the rest,hopefully ready for Nihla...All above Clvl 75 and kicking ass...my Pala still wears Holy Gemword belt i made in Normal,so that has to be replaced among other things my chars still use from normal,but the going is still strong...I wonder how come i did not make a Goldark with the Paly as i did with all the others...well it is not too late still...

Edit

Found a +4 Cold Sorc Skills Elder Cane with my Twister Sorc in the Ancients Way,so that settles her End Game Weapon...already made a Winter (Fu Yu) and could start Dstoning it for +%wind but will hold on from it for now...slicing thru the entire Act 5 on players 5...i could just go p/8 now but will remain on p/5 as she has only about 800 HP WITH the Mercs BO...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 am

After another long hiatus, my crew has all gotten past NM Duriel and act 2. Few had issues. Mainly the Sorc, as her merc doesn't have enough life steal and was dying constantly and quickly. But, she lived to tell the tale.

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 60 - Gabrielle's set
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 60 - Motoko's set
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 60 - Kain's set
Druid: MickeyRourke - Creeping Doom/Minions/ - Level 59 - Diablo's End set and nifty Wand of Spirits
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash/Golems - Lvl 59....traded in Wrathomon's set for Diablo's End, but not sure I'm liking it, so far. Need better weapon...using Trang Ouls dagger
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/Zeal to reclaim mana - Level 59 - Anduinl's and Autolycus sets.
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Immolation - Lvl 59 - still rocking the Tara's set, may need to upgrade fairly soon.

Just about everyone is still sporting the Autolycus belt and boots and Leathers of Luck......may need to rethink that pretty soon....it is hardcore after all.....deep into NM....may be time to start thinking safety more than magic find.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Been playing my gang lately....seems maybe I'm the only one:( Anyhow, wanted to share my angst.

My whole group is at the RIver of Flame WP in NM. So, first the Amazon gives it a shot.....cleared out all and got all the seals done.....screen shakes....I approach Diablo's pentagram to coax his minions away and go away from the inner circle........suddenly, error message....game crash.....wow...you must be kidding.....I've had a few bad crash spots, but there aren't many worse......now have to do it all over again and hope I live. Arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edit: Well, that's enough of that...did it all again, against my better judgement.....didn't even leave the Lachdanan seal area this time, and got a pull me out of the game popup error...this time I typed it into Notepad.....Looks like I'm done playing for awhile. Not worth the effort.

Edit: This site won't let me post the error....very weird.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Well, that just wasn't good. Just lost my strongest character, my Creeping Doom Druid, when I click the worng seal in Diablo's area, and King Leoric's crew had me trapped, with mana burn, and no escape.....couldn't cast anything, couldn't move, knew death was coming.....used every potion.....given the circumstances, should have saved and exited....would've been fair....but did not. That's some bad luck, there.....don't think that's ever happened to me, in all my ES days!

Also, guess sometimes a reboot takes care of issues...my errors around Diablo no longer are happening. 3 chars past, but now have to wait a very long time for the Druid, I guess.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Tough luck man...I still play,all chars farming for some specific gear before Nihla Nightmare,everybody took down Ball on p\5 and above...mine Barb is definitely the weakest off my chars,while i pown with my assassin... :mrgreen:

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 pm

My Druid finally caught back up to her brethren.......we are all now working our way through act 5 NM.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Been a very, very, long time.....got another new laptop almost a year ago....just reinstalled D2 and ES recently. So, made my way to actually advancing these characters. I will admit, they need more gear improvement, and I did not trust them on P4 vs Baal's minions and Baal, but all chars did manage to live through the ordeal.

On to complete the necessary special areas and remaining quests in NM. After I get some better gear, that is!

Return to “Eastern Sun”