ES 3.00 R6D ported to Diablo 2 1.12a (PC)

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Pukka

Re: ES 3.00 R6D ported to Diablo 2 1.12a (PC)

Post by Pukka » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Bug Report:
Played with Elsavira(greet him when you see him! He willingly tested 1.12b ES with me!), when we entered blood ravern workshop level2, half-way he'll crash(he hosted) and says: "Irrecoverable Interal Error" happened twice in a row. Didn't bother to try the third time. No problems running level 1.

Update: Level 2 is just too tempting for us, for the drops and exp. We went this time, and no crash. I finally realized what was wrong: I forgot to turn off my shared sash!

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Pukka" wrote:Bug Report:
Played with Elsavira(greet him when you see him! He willingly tested 1.12b ES with me!), when we entered blood ravern workshop level2, half-way he'll crash(he hosted) and says: "Irrecoverable Interal Error" happened twice in a row. Didn't bother to try the third time. No problems running level 1.

Update: Level 2 is just too tempting for us, for the drops and exp. We went this time, and no crash. I finally realized what was wrong: I forgot to turn off my shared sash!
Did you TURN OFF your stash (i.e.: ActiveSharedStash=0 in PlugY.ini)? or just rename it?

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:53 am

used the build-in stash switcher to rename it. (swap between secondary and primary stash)

We got random crashes when playing in Blood Ravern Workshop, Irrecoverable Interal Error. Doesn't happen all the time. only randomly.

maxmage
Paladin

plugy crashes hostd games with stash... 9.00 doesnt!

Post by maxmage » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:19 pm

so all those poeple who hate not being able to use their shared stash... well you may suffer no longer... download d2se get the d2gfx.dll out of it for 1.12 ovewrite the one in your d2 directory download pluggy 9.00

and youll no longer have any issues with using shared stash and exiting games making your chars corrupt... 9.00 doesnt have that problem... for some reason pluggy 10.00 doesnt like multipayer tcp/ip games with shared stash

but 9.00 loves it :D

i tested it after backing up my chars i have no problems now thnxe :D

ps: your welcome to test this after backing your chars... i mean your really messing out if you dont got your shared stash!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D
power is only limited by understanding hence its possible to attain power far more powerful then unlimited or infinity
but if you cant comprehend such power
then such power is not possible for that individual....

well guys here is the asnwer to why you never get answer to your modding questions that have to do with features of other mods.
Myhrginoc wrote:The game does read bin files, but it is no trivial task. We haven't pursued the technique, it would be a huge chunk of code. And we repect the wishes of mod makers who don't include changed txt files because that would give away their secrets.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: plugy crashes hostd games with stash... 9.00 doesnt!

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Kind of odd this comes up the same day within a few hours of when I was talking in Hamachi about someone who wanted ES 1.12 with PlugY 9.0 because PlugY 10.0 wouldn't let them use Runewords in Set/Unique items.

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 am

Hi Guys, I've tested and verified this(It is confirmed):

If you play with shared stash turn on, either you wouldn't be able to join each other's game (Failed to Join) or EVEN if you successfully join a game. upon exiting you'll get "Dropped on Exit" on host screen and "Dropped from game" for the joiners. This will cause your character and your stash not to save correctly. Main reason being different shared stash for different players.
You MAY play, but do it at your own risk.
This will applies to both PlugY 9 & 10, and both ES 1.10 & 1.12 (Many thanks to those who played with me to verify this!)

it'll work if you host and save a SOLO-multiplayer. So in Maxmage case, it'll work without players joining.

To resolve this, turn off your shared stash by using the stash switcher that comes installed with ES (available in start menu). You'll see a blank stash when you switch to shared stash.

So please backup your save folder (PM me on hamachi if you do not know how)

maxmage
Paladin

Post by maxmage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 pm

why do you have to lie i play zy el ans eastern sun all the time (used to ) with a freind called unaaaa and this was never the case? why you trying to reck it for everyone? there is no problem with 9.00! get amoderator to test it ill trust their word before trust yours cuz i have personal experience just back up your chars! and get a mod to try it! and yes that was me and i didnt change anything on eastern sun i just added some dlls! if thats hacking somones mod or messing with his sourc files then by all means im a ripoff! same as the person who ported eastern sun to 1.12!

also adding the dlls i did for my personal likes as a eastern sun player.. would only be a problem if i posted it for download and took credit for the mod!

how does havign a shared stash files from 2 diferent players cause the game to crach when upon exit it saves each persons items to their own harddrive! before pluggy 9.00 i had the problem but since 9.00 i havent looked back!

edit: oh i thought you ment i was a ripoff for usign the dlls... lol no reason i wanted 9.00 was for shared stash and unlimited pages... i had no arguement at all with you on hamachi about 10.000 not leting me use those dll plugins... go figure :P
power is only limited by understanding hence its possible to attain power far more powerful then unlimited or infinity

well guys here is the asnwer to why you never get answer to your modding questions that have to do with features of other mods.
Myhrginoc wrote:The game does read bin files, but it is no trivial task. We haven't pursued the technique, it would be a huge chunk of code. And we repect the wishes of mod makers who don't include changed txt files because that would give away their secrets.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm

maxmage" wrote:and yes that was me and i didnt change anything on eastern sun i just added some dlls! if thats hacking somones mod or messing with his sourc files then by all means im a ripoff! same as the person who ported eastern sun to 1.12!
Sorry, one is NOTHING like the other.
You're modifying the game to give yourself an advantage (Adding Runewords to Unique/Set items).
zinx ported (not really modifying) the game files to work with a newer version of the game. This means that new features and fixes can be included, which works to the benefit of all.
maxmage" wrote:also adding the dlls i did for my personal likes as a eastern sun player.. would only be a problem if i posted it for download and took credit for the mod!
Again, one is not like the other... but neither is good.
If you took the modified files and called them your own, that would be stealing.
But by changing the files, especially in the way you did, that's cheating and I'm pretty sure none of the people here are too fond of cheaters.
maxmage" wrote:how does havign a shared stash files from 2 diferent players cause the game to crach when upon exit it saves each persons items to their own harddrive!
While I cannot say for sure, I believe that the larger stash files cause an added delay when saving which messes up the the synching between the games, or some other issue with the file size.
maxmage" wrote:edit: oh i thought you ment i was a ripoff for usign the dlls...
Replace 'ripoff' with 'cheat' and yes, I did.
maxmage" wrote:lol no reason i wanted 9.00 was for shared stash and unlimited pages... i had no arguement at all with you on hamachi about 10.000 not leting me use those dll plugins... go figure :P
PlugY 10.00 works just fine -- unless you're cheating apparently.

maxmage
Paladin

Post by maxmage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 pm

if a mod does actualy decide to test this... with no malice or anger or any sort of grudge but honestly gives it some effort and truthful insight use plugy 9.00 this is the one i know works cuz i have played with a few poeple with shared stash with no problem on eastern sun median zy el and snej!
====================================================
actauly no im not cheatign if i wanted to cheat id use cheat engine and make my stats 999999999999999999999999999999999

rune words in uniques sets and rares has its draw backs if you try to rune word a full set and put it on youll corrupt your char

and 2 whats the difernce if a act 2 merc wears a thunder mall? or a upgraded out the gallooo pole axe? i dont see how this gives any sort of advantage outside

normal dificulty! and early nightmare we all know the real challenge starts in hell mode and you need crazy upgraded gear just to kill a few monsters!

and honestly who cares how i play eastern sun on MY computer! its not like im uploading everything onto the net and reck eastern or calling a curse on it or something

this is like telling your kid he can play with his game boy but he cant put any

games in it! i love eastern sun and i just wish some of these mods had some cooler features! and it just so happens i was luckily able to make my dream a

reality and the issue is not how i play eastern sun its plugy...(how did i get sucked into that one!!...)

plugy works get a mod to test it cuz i dont believe you for one i have personal experience... and 2 i just finished havign an arguement with you and your

determined to wipe me off the face of the earth whether im right or wrong... so please ONYX NECRO SOMONE!!!!!!!!!!! lay the facts straight with some trust

worthy mod testing... i dont need prove for me! but i need prove for other people who could potentially play with me : / :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:36 pm

maxmage" wrote:rune words in uniques sets and rares has its draw backs if you try to rune word a full set and put it on youll corrupt your char
I'm pretty sure it WON'T corrupt your character because RUNEWORDS DON'T WORK IN SET/UNIQUE UNLESS YOU MODIFY THE GAME!
maxmage" wrote:and 2 whats the difernce if a act 2 merc wears a thunder mall? or a upgraded out the gallooo pole axe? i dont see how this gives any sort of advantage outside

normal dificulty! and early nightmare we all know the real challenge starts in hell mode and you need crazy upgraded gear just to kill a few monsters!

and honestly who cares how i play eastern sun on MY computer! its not like im uploading everything onto the net and reck eastern or calling a curse on it or something

games in it! i love eastern sun and i just wish some of these mods had some cooler features! and it just so happens i was luckily able to make my dream a

reality and the issue is not how i play eastern sun its plugy...(how did i get sucked into that one!!...)

plugy works get a mod to test it cuz i dont believe you for one i have personal experience... and 2 i just finished havign an arguement with you and your

determined to wipe me off the face of the earth whether im right or wrong... so please ONYX NECRO SOMONE!!!!!!!!!!! lay the facts straight with some trust

worthy mod testing... i dont need prove for me! but i need prove for other people who could potentially play with me : / :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|
Essentially, this boils down to "I cheat because I can't play, so who cares?"
But the fact of the matter is, you are/were trying to play online with other people. That makes it other peoples business.

rogertaylor1988
Champion of the Light

Post by rogertaylor1988 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Slightly off-topic....

Stabby_McFlamer :) :lol: :mrgreen:

maxmage
Paladin

Post by maxmage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:38 pm

actauly i asked if you anted to play with those dlls installed and you said no i said fine ill play your way... so really your just angry with me for no reason at all.. the reason i got mad is because you said that 9.00 was crap and 10.00 was where it was at.. which obviously isnt the case... since 10.00 crashes and 9.00 doesnt till amod like necro or onyx confirms for other people not really me that 9.00 doesnt crash with stash enabled and 10.00 does i wont hold my breath!

ediT: maybe if volf is around he could lend a hand with this?

ediT: i just saw your siggy i see whats going on :P.... your trying to promote your program "stash switcher"..... well good luck with that... sincerely

-MaxMage

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 pm

maxmage" wrote:ediT: i just saw your siggy i see whats going on :P.... your trying to promote your program "stash switcher"..... well good luck with that... sincerely

-MaxMage
Yes. Clearly this is a giant conspiracy against using stashes in multiplayer. :roll:

It was actually written because the Stash Switcher that comes with Eastern Sun (the conspiracy deepens!) wasn't working for me.
You're mistaking 'making something easier to find' with 'promotion'. If I was promoting it, I would be posting it in the PlugY forums and keeping the topic on the front page, not letting it sit 6 pages deep on the ES forum.

Cheveyo
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Cheveyo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Stabby_McTwist" wrote:Yes. Clearly this is a giant conspiracy against using stashes in multiplayer. :roll:

It was actually written because the Stash Switcher that comes with Eastern Sun (the conspiracy deepens!) wasn't working for me.
You're mistaking 'making something easier to find' with 'promotion'. If I was promoting it, I would be posting it in the PlugY forums and keeping the topic on the front page, not letting it sit 6 pages deep on the ES forum.
Unless that's what you want us to believe!

rogertaylor1988
Champion of the Light

Post by rogertaylor1988 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 pm

maxmage" wrote: ediT: i just saw your siggy i see whats going on :P.... your trying to promote your program "stash switcher"..... well good luck with that... sincerely

-MaxMage
This made me laugh SINCERELY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you tell me what drugs are you taking? :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:21 am

maxmage" wrote:if a mod does actualy decide to test this... with no malice or anger or any sort of grudge but honestly gives it some effort and truthful insight use plugy 9.00 this is the one i know works cuz i have played with a few poeple with shared stash with no problem on eastern sun median zy el and snej!
====================================================
actauly no im not cheatign if i wanted to cheat id use cheat engine and make my stats 999999999999999999999999999999999

rune words in uniques sets and rares has its draw backs if you try to rune word a full set and put it on youll corrupt your char

and 2 whats the difernce if a act 2 merc wears a thunder mall? or a upgraded out the gallooo pole axe? i dont see how this gives any sort of advantage outside

I think it's obvious enough plugY 10 is working for everyone else, except for someone, whose characters wouldn't load due to some unfair advantage? I think I do not need to point out the obvious. If you create a new character, it'll work fine right? Do they get dropped on exit when the joined your game?
I don't need to lie, since anyone else can test it out and de-prove my claims. I've sincerely for the sake of making 1.12 work in multi, been testing. If I lie, then what's really the point? It isn't going to help anybody.

You are right that you can play Eastern Sun anyway you wanted to, whether you add +99999999999999999 stats or additional +1 stat, modified gear(that isn't from the original game/mod). Big cheat or small cheat, it is still cheating. Please respect this forum as we honor no cheating here.

I've nothing personal against you, why do I need to wipe you off the face of this earth?

Finally, I think it's pretty childish to bring out another agruement like Stabby is promoting his signature and it is out of topic. If you keep it up, the moderator will have to axe you.

maxmage
Paladin

Post by maxmage » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:21 am

ARE YOU DEAF! THE PLUGINS ARE WORKING! THEY HAVE BEEN EVER SINCE I STARTED USING THEM MONTHES AGO... the thing i wanted was the shared stash!

but either way i want somone to make it known that pluggy 9.00 shared stash works in multiplayer eastern sun and all other mods with no draw backs even woth other players... thats what i want proved and i want it proved by a mod

if you mention something else other then shared stash for 9.00 working then your not listening are you?

edit: i would love to ignore you but im fighting for a good cause :P

pluggy 9.00 has no flaws and its shared stash works with no problems in multi player!

ediT: you know what.. your the only one missing out! ill play multi player with shared stash using 9.00 as i have been with frriends who loved diablo till dj max trilogy came out soon as they get bored of that ill be playing eastern sun multiplayer ip games with plugy 9.00 and shared stash enabled again... peace

-MaxMage

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 am

maxmage" wrote:ARE YOU DEAF! THE PLUGINS ARE WORKING! THEY HAVE BEEN EVER SINCE I STARTED USING THEM MONTHES AGO... the thing i wanted was the shared stash!

but either way i want somone to make it known that pluggy 9.00 shared stash works in multiplayer eastern sun and all other mods with no draw backs even woth other players... thats what i want proved and i want it proved by a mod

if you mention something else other then shared stash for 9.00 working then your not listening are you?

edit: i would love to ignore you but im fighting for a good cause :P

pluggy 9.00 has no flaws and its shared stash works with no problems in multi player!

ediT: you know what.. your the only one missing out! ill play multi player with shared stash using 9.00 as i have been with frriends who loved diablo till dj max trilogy came out soon as they get bored of that ill be playing eastern sun multiplayer ip games with plugy 9.00 and shared stash enabled again... peace

-MaxMage
I think I'm not being clear enough. let me get some points straight.
1) When I mean you have to disable shared stash in multiplayer, i mean a blank shared stash in multiplayer. If you are not playing multiplayer, you can TURN ON your shared stash. I do not mean disable completely.

2) Due to the structure of PlugY, shared stash are suppose to be the same (Stash stash works in single player or solo multiplayer). That also means you open 2 Instances of ES and join each other. It'll have no problems because stash stash is the same across all characters.

3) If 2 players have different shared stash, YOU CAN PLAY. But upon saving and exiting: -Host will see players dropped from game. -Players will see, Disconnected from Host. In this situation, your character will not save correctly and risk corruption (Not able to load etc)

I've tested with 3 players in Hamachi for this, over 1.12 and over 1.10. Note that, WE CAN PLAY. And below are the test results. I hope after this, it'll be clear enough.

WITH SHARED STASH ON
1.10, PlugY 9(Host) & 1.10 PlugY 9(player) - No problems joining game, No problems playing. Upon saving & exiting: Host see player dropped on game, Player see "disconnected from Host". Upon checking the characters, characters are not saved correctly (Missing items etc).

1.10 PlugY 9(Host) & 1.12 PlugY 10(player) - No able to see each other game

1.12 PlugY 10(Host) & 1.12 PlugY 10(player) - Player can see the Host, but upon joining player will see "Failed to join."

WITH SHARED STASH OFF
1.10 PlugY 9(Host) & 1.10 PlugY 9(player) - No problems joining game, No problems playing. Upon saving & exiting: Host will see player have left the game (Correctly exited), Player will see Host . Upon checking the characters, characters are saved correctly.

1.10 PlugY 9(Host) & 1.12 PlugY 10(player) - No able to see each other game

1.12 PlugY 10(Host) & 1.12 PlugY 10(player) - Same as 1.10. No problems.

There are also some issues if you didn't make changes to loader.ini file in multiplayer game. I'll post the relevant data if someone requests it. (Only applicable to 1.12).

Finally, none of us here have a problem modding LOD ES the way you want it. By all means go ahead. It only becomes a problem when you play multiplayer with your custom mods, which may affect players who join your game. Example: leaving your game with bugged items/ characters.
It's good that you can play, but I should always warn others about what will happen when you get shared stash on. So that all of us will have a smooth gameplay experience.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 am

Stabby_McTwist" wrote:
maxmage" wrote:rune words in uniques sets and rares has its draw backs if you try to rune word a full set and put it on youll corrupt your char
I'm pretty sure it WON'T corrupt your character because RUNEWORDS DON'T WORK IN SET/UNIQUE UNLESS YOU MODIFY THE GAME!
runewording a set item will corrupt it anyways ;)
maxmage" wrote: how does havign a shared stash files from 2 diferent players cause the game to crach when upon exit it saves each persons items to their own harddrive!
cvause the shared stashes aren't synced to the host, this leads to data miss matches or the host trying to save stuff that doesn't exist on his match. iirc yohann has tried various ways to fix they, but I don't think he has managed to get it working 100%

I never set out to test shared stashes in mp though, I just make sure never to access it, rather use the personal stash, but then again I stick to mp.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 am

Hi, just ignore this post. Wanted to create this post as a reference for new players who want to play ES 1.12 as well as multiplayer
Based on my experience helping people at hamachi, it does not work if you use Diablo 1.13. You'll have to be at version 1.12a or Fresh Install LOD + 1.12a patch

Instructions (Assuming you are installing to Default D2 Directory C:\program files\Diablo II\)
1) Backup your Characters (es300r\save folder)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Fresh Install D2+LOD (Full Install, and copy D2XMUSIC.MPQ from LOD CD to C:\program files\diablo II\)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3)patch the game to 1.12a (http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/ ... h_112a.exe)
4)Install ES300r (http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/files/es300_R6D_full.zip)
5)Install Stabby's Installer (http://www.mediafire.com/?zueje6lj3cgldlu)
Please allow it time to finish, if it asks to modify D2gfx.dll, click [YES] (PlugY)
6) Modify ES 1.12 Shortcut in desktop:(Right click on it> properties)
FROM
Start in: "C:\program files\Diablo II"
TO
Start In: "C:\program files\Diablo II\es300r"
7) Open & Modify loader.ini shortcut (C:\program files\Diablo II\ES300r\)
This is to allow multiplay characters to save correctly.
FROM
[loader]
0=es300.dll
1=dmgclamp.dll
2=savesize.dll
3=goldlim.dll
4=gemfix.dll
5=mercmod.dll
6=d2multires.dll
TO
[loader]
0=es300.dll
1=dmgclamp.dll
;2=savesize.dll
3=goldlim.dll
4=gemfix.dll
5=mercmod.dll
6=d2multires.dll

Lastly, please no longer use the old ES 1.10 launcher shortcut. Once you use them 1.10 files will overwrite the 1.12 files, then ES 1.12 will no longer work.
---------------------------------------------END------------------------------
Mini-FAQ
Q1) What changes after moving to 1.12?
A1) You get to play ES at a higher resolution, which looks clearer & sharper. You get to use the latest version of PlugY10 and finally you get to run without CD.

Q2) Are 1.10 ES saves compatible with ES 1.12? Can I bring it over?
A2) Yes you can, you can bring it over without any problems.

Q3) If my friend is ES1.10, and I'm on ES 1.12, can I still play with him?
A3) No you can't, you wouldn't be able to see each other game

Q3) I get "failed to Join game" in multiplayer?
A3) This is usually due to shared stash being turned on(non-blank shared stash). To turn it off(blank stash). You can use the stash-switcher (Start menu> all programs> ES300r> stash switcher). To know if it is turned off, launch a single player game and check your shared stash, make sure it is blank.
On Both Host and player sides must be blank shared stash.
You can enable back shared stash when you are playing single player.
Last edited by Pukka on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Berto

Post by Berto » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Wow. Thanks a lot for writing out the instructions like that Pukka. I've been meaning to switch over to 1.12 sometime, but never did because I felt like I would run into problems.

I will certainly be doing so soon as per your instructions. I'll edit my post here and give my results and/or any problems.

EDIT - Hmm. Install itself went fine, however, whenever I try to either load one of my old characters, or even make a new one, I get an Unhandled Exception error.

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:47 am

Hi thanks for the credit.

Anyway for your question, could you try backup your save folder to somewhere else, then empty the save folder at C:\program files\diablo II\es300r\save ?
Then create a character again.

If the above does NOT work, that means it's got nothing to do with save characters, it may be plugY or es300r files related issues.
To confirm this make sure you see this at the title screen:

On the left: ES3.00 R6D 1.12A mod
On the right: PlugY 10.00 (might not be clear)

Lemme know the results & i'll help you further

Berto

Post by Berto » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Pukka" wrote:Hi thanks for the credit.

Anyway for your question, could you try backup your save folder to somewhere else, then empty the save folder at C:\program files\diablo II\es300r\save ?
Then create a character again.

If the above does NOT work, that means it's got nothing to do with save characters, it may be plugY or es300r files related issues.
To confirm this make sure you see this at the title screen:

On the left: ES3.00 R6D 1.12A mod
On the right: PlugY 10.00 (might not be clear)

Lemme know the results & i'll help you further
That worked.

First, I wiped my save folder (diablo II\es300r\save). Then, I tried to create a new character. It worked, PlugY and High Res and all. Then, I moved both my shared stash and one of my characters over. Both worked, PlugY and High Res and all.

However, I do feel that it is a bit laggy. I could understand why, however I feel like I might be missing something? I'm not sure.

Either case, thanks a lot for the help.

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:07 am

Hi use this the latest respec program by nameless to re-spec all your characters. Hopefully it'll work after that.

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... 2sUtil.zip

FOr the slow issues, You can try 'downgrade' your video settings to 2D instead of 3d. It'll be alot faster.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 am

The difference between DriectDraw (2D) and Direct3D in Diablo II are nil on a semi-modern video card.

What is most likely causing the slowdown is your resolution being set too high.
I wouldn't suggest playing higher than 1124x864 period, but you should stick to something a little lower like 1024x768.

Return to “Eastern Sun”