[Win/Mac] ES 3.00 R6D (Mar 20) Release Info/Bug Reports

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Champion of the Light

Post by 153957 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Hmpf ... not nice.. I just tried to use an Act 5 Barb as merc for my sorc and his warcry gives +all skills, which of course means that my game crashes on leveling/quiting.. (mac)
- 153957 Photography -
- - - - - - - - - - - -
http://www.delaat.net/~arne/
- Photography
- Time-Lapse Photography

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:28 pm

153957";p="411174" wrote:Hmpf ... not nice.. I just tried to use an Act 5 Barb as merc for my sorc and his warcry gives +all skills, which of course means that my game crashes on leveling/quiting.. (mac)
Yeah, the Mac +all skills bug has been around for quite some time. I've noted this on the new Community Patches wiki page.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: [Win/Mac] ES 3.00 R6D (Mar 20) Release Info/Bug Reports

Post by Firesnake » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 pm

The number of trigger missiles of phantom hatchets does not increase with the base level (at least according to my skill description) and the hatchets rotate only once while in midair before flying straight and motionless.

I dunno if this has yet been reported because I wasn't motivated to read through 73 pages of bug reports :)

//edit: Oh and the damage display of double throw is totally bugged. It shows me 484k maximum damage with a weapon that has less than 400 maximum damage.

I have a lot of maximum dmg on other gear and fana + conc + might and I'm str/dex only. But still... 484k???
Last edited by Firesnake on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Firesnake";p="412210" wrote://edit: Oh and the damage display of double throw is totally bugged. It shows me 484k maximum damage with a weapon that has less than 400 maximum damage.
The damage listing on the character screen is notoriously inaccurate, but I remember reading something on the wiki about how Throwing Mastery boosts Double Throw too much. Check the bug fixes listing at the Community Patches page.

EDIT: I was curious myself and went and found it for you. Check the bottom of the following section —

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?C ... s#ca2e6c4b
Last edited by Metropolis Man on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:39 am

Well I see the thing about the dmg boost. But despide my damage I hardly do any one-hit kills. Not even on cursed monsters.

Blinn
Forum Legend
Virtue

Post by Blinn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:51 am

It is probably just the display that is overly huge, if damage really was that big then it should be very noticeable.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Just tried the recipe for AS 17, whereby 6 flawless gems, a socket donut and a full plate mail(max sockets 6), gave me 4 sockets.

I guess the database is wrong?
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Audaces
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Audaces » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:19 pm

The max number of sockets depends also on item level - the item needs to be at least ~40 to get the max listed in the Database.

Edit: http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?FAQ#y124bf1d <- it's all here.
Last edited by Audaces on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Billybgame";p="412503" wrote:Just tried the recipe for AS 17, whereby 6 flawless gems, a socket donut and a full plate mail(max sockets 6), gave me 4 sockets.

No, I'm guessing it's the source of your armor. Where/how did you obtain the armor?
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Metropolis Man";p="412507" wrote:
Billybgame";p="412503" wrote:Just tried the recipe for AS 17, whereby 6 flawless gems, a socket donut and a full plate mail(max sockets 6), gave me 4 sockets.

No, I'm guessing it's the source of your armor. Where/how did you obtain the armor?
Man, that's complicated stuff. If only there was a way to get your stuff back when you err doing it.

Where did I get it from? Some random drop somewhere...lord knows.

I think this is the first time I ever used that recipe...live and learn.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Billybgame";p="412508" wrote:Where did I get it from? Some random drop somewhere...lord knows.
Not in Nightmare, that's for sure. You would have gotten your 6 sockets then because the monster level in Act I would have had you covered for max sockets.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

dawe1313
Champion of the Light

Post by dawe1313 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:59 am

hey billy, the magic number is 40. if the ilvl is 40+, then it can have max sockets.

check Making Sockets from the Wiki

----------------
Now playing: Garbage - Milk
via FoxyTunes
ES Tourney Scoresheets - Excel or free Open Office

cover your back, conserve ammo, and never deal with a dragon (graffitti from the Awakened world of Shadowrun)

Edairu

Post by Edairu » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:28 pm

The Paladin skills Arrow of Confession, and Sacred Piercer don't add the correct amount of pierce. At base level 30, Arrow of Confession gave me 60% pierce, fine right? Well I start putting points into Sacred Piercer, 3 points in and my pierce% stops at 63. I've tried re-equipping the damage augmenter and still nothing.

Are the bonuses capped at 63% and you have to get 37% more from items? If so, then the tooltip incorrectly show the bonus increase.

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 pm

dawe1313";p="412527" wrote:hey billy, the magic number is 40. if the ilvl is 40+, then it can have max sockets.

I don't have the .txt files in front of me, but doesn't cubemain allow for setting the ilvl to (say) 99 in addition to the useitem,sock=X?
later

dawe1313
Champion of the Light

Post by dawe1313 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:46 am

Perfect Cell";p="412563" wrote:
dawe1313";p="412527" wrote:hey billy, the magic number is 40. if the ilvl is 40+, then it can have max sockets.

I don't have the .txt files in front of me, but doesn't cubemain allow for setting the ilvl to (say) 99 in addition to the useitem,sock=X?
yes it does, but the point i was making is the in order for an item to have the max number of sockets added, it's base ilvl must be at least 40. in billy's case, he tried to put 6 sockets into a full plate mail, which can have a max of 6. since he only got 4 sockets, the ilvl must have been between 25 <= ilvl < 40.

those socketing recipes don't change the ilvl, so he should be able to see what is was.

i think Tsuru did that as a balancing thing to keep early chars from getting too uber

----------------
Now playing: The Moody Blues - Dear Diary
via FoxyTunes
ES Tourney Scoresheets - Excel or free Open Office

cover your back, conserve ammo, and never deal with a dragon (graffitti from the Awakened world of Shadowrun)

Byto

Post by Byto » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm

I know that this has probably already been reported many times, but I would really love to see the D2 error on leaving a tcp/ip game get fixed. This is the one thing that I hate about this mod.

I just recently started playing ES with a few other people and this bug becomes really problematic when playing with people who are likely to drop out of games at any random time.

If this bug is not fixable, or just really hard to fix, maybe it would be possible to change the stash switcher so that it can be run while D2 is open but while no game is open. That would make it convenient enough so that it wasn't an issue.

Thanks for the mod, besides that I'm really enjoying it.
ONLY 664 CHARACTERS LEFT!! OH NOOO!!

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Deactivating the shared stash is a good start. I don't know if you haven't already done that. Besides that, talk to a vendor before you leave the game. Afaik that should trigger an auto-save. That's not a real fix but it helps not to lose the last progressn you've made.

Byto

Post by Byto » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:33 am

Usually to save we just kill each other, which is always fun. I would deactivate the shared stash, but having to close D2, then reopen it just for that is kinda annoying.

I've found out that if the host leaves first, no ones game will crash. This is good because it also saves the game for the host, so the other people playing just need to find a way to make it save... ie; get killed.
ONLY 664 CHARACTERS LEFT!! OH NOOO!!

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Has anybody noticed this:

When the Death Set Katar is converted into a Throwing Knife, then it doesn't get the Adds 6-10 Damage mod to the throwing damage, only to the melee damage. This doesn't happen to other throwing weapons, at least the Alora and Kain weapons get the same melee and throwing damage.
An old Death Set Throwing Knife from my shared stash had the expected throwing damage (same as melee). It's likely that this one is from back when the Death Set weapon was a Throwing Knife as the main form and not a Katar (now it's the other way around).

etlutu

Post by etlutu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:39 pm

While fighting monsters outside Lut Golein with my Barbarian the other day, my two weapons, an ax and sword, suddenly disappeared! I checked my inventory, looked all around the ground - they are completely gone! This is the first time something like this has happened to me, but while playing on a LAN with my room mate, he's reported this exact same thing happening with three different times, once with a similar Barbarian, and twice with a Paladin using a sword or scepter and shield. Neither of us can figure out what causes it, it just seems to happen randomly. The weapon disappearing has occurred in Act I, II, and IV.

I've looked back about 20 pages on this thread, as well as searched the forums here quite a bit before posting. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else report this problem considering how many times it's happened between my room mate and I the last couple weeks. Perhaps this is a more well-known global D2 bug I haven't been able to find mentioned?

Incompetent
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Incompetent » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:49 pm

etlutu";p="413692" wrote:While fighting monsters outside Lut Golein with my Barbarian the other day, my two weapons, an ax and sword, suddenly disappeared! I checked my inventory, looked all around the ground - they are completely gone!
Are you familiar with weapon switch? If so, have you looked in both the 'I' and 'II' weapon/shield slots?
Last edited by Incompetent on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etlutu

Post by etlutu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 pm

LMAO wow, now I feel like an idiot. Yes, apparently that is what happened. I remember now being able to do this in vanilla D2, but I forgot about that option when I started playing ES much later - probably because it was removed in the ES inventory reskin. Hahaha, wow.

Thanks for letting me know why my stuff kept disappearing!

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Small bug: The 3 Set to Unique recipe doesn't work with Coronets (it's not possible to convert 3 Divadea's to a Zan-Eus).

Quelex

Post by Quelex » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:07 am

Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been brought up a billion times. I'll give you the error info if it hasn't for some odd reason.

I used to play the R5 series before taking a long break (due to computer dying) and came back around R6C or D. Anyhow, I never had problems back in R5 just to give some exposition on it.

Whenever I go into the Worldstone Chamber I have to be super careful about how I attack Baal. If I happen to kill Baal's Body Guard with any character/skill/difficulty, the game crashes. You can see how this would be annoying.

Well I hope Tsuru comes around soon. Not simply to fix these things, but so I can just thank him for all the work on this mod. Simply the best mod for any game I've played. You can really tell from the start of the game that it's something special.

Keep ES going strong. See you guys around.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 am

tsuru hasn't been around in a long time and another modder sort of took over the project

try to reinstall the game then you crashbug should be fixed

so long
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Return to “Eastern Sun”