Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

niklaas

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by niklaas » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:49 am

Lucifer666" wrote:those would be rares with Dual Max mods,or Runeword items that can get more...but i dare say that with one char in hell you should maybe have accumulated about 20 or 30 maples,to think about breaking the cap you would need a REALLY long time to do runs of Uber D...

Duping is looked down upon here...

Edit: For example i have about 20 characters above clvl 90,i have accumulated about 500 maples for several years of playing,and that is not nearly enough to max anything,well maybe one stat,but no more...get it???
noted. i haven't done any duping. i needed the info for me to calculate the materials needed to make the mod numbers close to or hit the cap. btw, are those forged jewels in those eth rares and can those help in breaking the ed% cap?

thanks

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 am

Some of the Rares got some %ED,some got Forged Jewels too...on Runeword you can Dstone the BASE item to the desired cap,THEN make a Runeword and then Dstone it Again for a total of 1800% ED...but you must never remove the runes again for you would lose all of the Dstoning AFTER the word was made...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:44 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Some of the Rares got some %ED,some got Forged Jewels too...on Runeword you can Dstone the BASE item to the desired cap,THEN make a Runeword and then Dstone it Again for a total of 1800% ED...but you must never remove the runes again for you would lose all of the Dstoning AFTER the word was made...
8-O my jaw just dropped on 1800% ed 8-O

so that's the rw trick. no wonder some posts said that certain runewords can actually beat super tweaked eth rares when resources doesn't matter. years of collecting stuff and grinding it out can make dreams come true.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Yep...I ve been making a Uber Eternal Reign for all my chars to share...it's very nice actually,but I've spent maybe some 100 to 150 maples on it for now,weapons all my chars have different,but armor,one is the best and that would be Eternal Reign in a Eth Ceremonial Armor...you can also ged 1800 Enhanced Defence on Armors that way...)))
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 am

help. i was prepping a white item for a runeword using dragon stones and key. when I put on the runes, the mods that I applied by dstoning were gone :(

i previously prepped an white item with gem melds and there was no problem after putting in the runes.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:34 pm

That should not happen...never happened to me...don't know what could cause such results...

Did the lines on the item dissapear completely or only the mods you put on the item by Dstoning ware gone??? If the lines dissapeared completely than you have run into the Too many Lines bug,any item is restricted to 44 lines of text,a limitation of the game itself...

I bite down hard

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 am

all mods were dstoned and i had 8 - 9 lines. now, i made it a point to apply melds before dstoning.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Melds are actuall better than Dstonning anyway...but still,that should not happen,did you check your Character sheet for changes that should have been applied by Dstoning?maybe the display bugged out for some reason...

I bite down hard

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:03 am

probably bugged out. i think my info source either or both website that i saved and that pdf i got were outdated.

any detailed info on tinker min and max dmg caps? earlier i tried tinkering a eth weapon for +min dmg and i hit that cap at 50 to min dmg. i checked the pdf, it said 100. is the tinkering caps different for every weapon?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:46 pm

I use the last OFFICIAL version where the max is around 25 so i don't know which patch you have installed,but every community patch seems to increase it...as far as i noticed tinkering doesn't make a big change anyway...

I bite down hard

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 am

i've been looking ancient scrolls around 45 - 49, where are they found and i can't base upgrade this normal eth scissors quhab into its elite version. tried everything already. has anyone got a normal eth weapon thru gambling or chits? thanks

*edit* nvm, just found it ^_^

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:41 am

Lucifer666: does bohemian stone work alongside assassin's venom skill? and any info on lvl 1 whirlwind skill. checking to see if the asswind build still viable here.

thanks

kenet
Ukraine

Post by kenet » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi. I see runwords for charms, but how to make a base for them?

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:06 am

you have to socket the blank charm you get at the start with a secret recipe.

Secret Recipe 49
Noob's Odd Charm
7 Rare Charms
Elixir
Maple Leaf
Ancient Scroll 49

Veteran's Odd Charm
(White Odd Charm that can have up to 3 sockets
and +1 Skill Bonus to any skill. You can carry
only one of Noob's Odd Charm or Veteran's.)
Gem Socket (1)
Ancient Scroll 49

and then this

Veteran's Odd Charm
1 Perfect Gem
Socket Donut
The Same Item
Adds Gem Socket (1)*
(*Max Socket is 3. Gem type is Helm.
Runewords must be unsocketed first)

and in case you want reset it

3 Socket Veteran's Odd Charm
Thawing Potion
Resets the socket number and skill bonus
2 Perfect Gems
(Socketables must be unsocketed first)

2 Socket Veteran's Odd Charm
Thawing Potion
Resets the socket number and skill bonus
Perfect Gem
(Socketables must be unsocketed first)

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:19 am

[quote=niklaas"]Lucifer666: does bohemian stone work alongside assassin's venom skill? and any info on lvl 1 whirlwind skill. checking to see if the asswind build still viable here.

thanks[/quote]

do you mean with excalibria weapon? that claws comes with lv 1-3 whirlwind. also whirlwhind lv 1-8 is alviable as oskill on gloves and melee rare / magic. Venom is correctly boosted by energy soo bohemian should work correctly. so with 2 claws and gloves can rake a maxmum of 24 points without count any forging, soo prolly is very viable.

kenet
Ukraine

Post by kenet » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 am

Ty, ultimategrayfox!
Maybe, you know how to make eth base for runeword? ("normal" -> "eth" and make socets)
And for what need Commander`s Ribbon? :(

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 am

Hi There,

commander's ribbon is to ensure your Shadow Warriors (not Masters) use the corresponding skills. Melee, Range etc...

There also is no recipe for making eth items. Finding eth items is the only choice.

cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 pm

[quote=gogodanny"]Hi There,

commander's ribbon is to ensure your Shadow Warriors (not Masters) use the corresponding skills. Melee, Range etc...

There also is no recipe for making eth items. Finding eth items is the only choice.

cheers[/quote]

yeah you dunno how many maples i raked up trading those eth ceremonial armor :D of the hellfire sword for merc :D

kenet
Ukraine

Post by kenet » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:59 pm

1. Can`t find purple runes, they drop or need crafting?
2. How to remove jewel in item and save jewel?
3. Trapsin (LS) good build in this mod?
4. How to easy make Maple Leaf? I found this recipe "Damage Augmenter + key + rej", but now he does not work :'(
5. Why my sorc very weak? :x :x :x
6. Offtopic, but why nobody plays in ES server? I play ~5 days and did not see anyone :(

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:24 am

1. They drop.
2. Cube item with key.
3. Don't know.
4. Couple of ways. Check out http://esdb.d2se.org/ - recipes for all.
5. Post screens of item/skilltree to get suggestions what could be improved. Also I recommend using Flamewave until about 8k Immo and a decent life pool.
6. It is not allowed to talk about this here. Please post in the regarding Forum.

Cheers
AlphA

kenet
Ukraine

Post by kenet » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:45 am

Ty, AlphA!

My godly (almost) gear :D
Why i cant farm nihlatak domain in 8 ppl? :cry:

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Are you using a merc? I highly recommend using an offensive barb to break immunities, afterwards conviction and/or lower resist should take care of remaining resistances and boost your damage through the roof. Using Full Barb Set + Full achilles and some leechrings may suffice for starters. Another option would be to use him as an aura b*tch and cramp as much auras on him as possible. Especially defiance will help you survive greatly.

On another note:
My strafer got 100% Deadly Strike and Crushing Blow. She has 52k dmg per Arrow. I can't take on Domain >/players4 as I get torn to pieces, regardless of my merc, Valk, Golem etc. even though I am also using AMplify Damage curse proc.
Think of it like that: Enemies in Domain and Naraku got a couple 100.000 life on players8 and a ton of regen. Add on top the shouts from cheerleaders etc. and u're looking at twice the life and hefty armor.

Therefore make sure to reduce enemy resists to -100 if possible, then all foes should be a walk in the park

cheers

€dits:

1) My Strafer can take Domain on /players6 with a crapton of resurrections. Usually it's metalspark and those Centaurs that make life hard for me. Also Izual Ghosts are a P.I.T.A.

2) I've tried a couple 100 million gold so far on gloves and other gear to get oskill fanatism to spawn for my amazon. I didn't manage a single roll of it. Not even +1 fana or anything.

Now: Am I just unlucky, too dumb to use the right items or wth? ...
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:23 pm

man...just go to Charsi and keep resetting her inventory and you should get fana on gloves within the hour,and best of all looking costs nothing...

I bite down hard

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks for the hint Lucifer that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for

btw is your current amount of posts your Date of Birth? :-)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Muahahaha....Was...didn't even notice.....)))

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”