Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by the_bogan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:53 am

niklaas" wrote:
gogodanny" wrote:Question from me this time ...

I read from Gòeido (so i think) About a quick way to get Tasslehoff set. I urgently need it to progress (baseup & Convert or something) - can somebody help?

Or is what he means getting 3 unique drow-adamantite (or elven chains) and base upping them to elite then using 3 unique to set conversion?
Then doing the same for the other parts of the gear?
If so - that's pricey but smart :-D
i wonder if i can do that to get other sets as well :idea:
yep. you can

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm

niklaas" wrote: *edit* i did read Gòeido samurai sin guide once, haven't got to read other guides yet. my current sin has 1 shadowmaster at the moment. i'm too lazy to reset my skills. spent time earlier rerolling 4 rare ninja tos, got good physical damage, not lucky enough to get dual maxes, no procs or oskills though. i'm about to forge 1 and will get 2 sockets on it.
I just leveled an assassin to Act5 to see what's lackluster and I am honestly plowing through everything without any problem at all. Not even using Motoko Set yet (dont have all items yet) but Vega instead.
I deal insane damage and my 2 shadowmasters 1shot 99% of the screen at /players7.

Could you please tell me your dmg?

I basically dumped 25 points in shadow mastery for 2 masters, put 1 Skillpoint in every other shadow discipline and martial art (except traps) . only 1 in blade sentinel and blade shield so far. Also no point to shuriken. Rest went to Dragon Blade (even I am using 2 Claws right now).

Where're you having trouble?

€dit: Just finished Motokos and put on Planet's Veneration Set. The one empty spot is used by Lily Petal (unique lvl 45 assa ring)
I basically got 9k dmg per hit with the sword (Upped to Wakizashi) and 2 Shadow Masters, 95% cth, can't be frozen, 75allres and 1051 life.
I just activate all buffs and plow throw enemies - All sub-areas (except Naraku and Domain) finished already
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Mon May 01, 2017 9:21 am

gogodanny" wrote:
niklaas" wrote: *edit* i did read Gòeido samurai sin guide once, haven't got to read other guides yet. my current sin has 1 shadowmaster at the moment. i'm too lazy to reset my skills. spent time earlier rerolling 4 rare ninja tos, got good physical damage, not lucky enough to get dual maxes, no procs or oskills though. i'm about to forge 1 and will get 2 sockets on it.
I just leveled an assassin to Act5 to see what's lackluster and I am honestly plowing through everything without any problem at all. Not even using Motoko Set yet (dont have all items yet) but Vega instead.
I deal insane damage and my 2 shadowmasters 1shot 99% of the screen at /players7.

Could you please tell me your dmg?

I basically dumped 25 points in shadow mastery for 2 masters, put 1 Skillpoint in every other shadow discipline and martial art (except traps) . only 1 in blade sentinel and blade shield so far. Also no point to shuriken. Rest went to Dragon Blade (even I am using 2 Claws right now).

Where're you having trouble?

€dit: Just finished Motokos and put on Planet's Veneration Set. The one empty spot is used by Lily Petal (unique lvl 45 assa ring)
I basically got 9k dmg per hit with the sword (Upped to Wakizashi) and 2 Shadow Masters, 95% cth, can't be frozen, 75allres and 1051 life.
I just activate all buffs and plow throw enemies - All sub-areas (except Naraku and Domain) finished already

i'm lvl56, i got 8k+ dmg. just crafted 2 +skill rings. i got my skill point distribution wrong going to reset later and upgrade motoko's sword to wakizashi. what difficulty and what's cth?

*edit* tried last night to upgrade my set and unique swords to exceptional, didn't work and i'm following the guide. what's the recipe pls?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:47 am

man i made a truckload of assassins and in this mod they plow thru anything in gemmed gear up till the end of nightmare...i fail to see how anybody can have problems with kill speed on assassins as they are the best killers in this mod...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

Lucifer666: pardon my newbness, it's just my first time in this mod. i was so used to other mods where it's crazy whenever i get good items for the first time. anyhoo, i changed my achilles set into planets veneration and my dmg went up to 15k. i haven't even gemmed or added any mods on that yet.

earlier, i picked up a fresh unique weapon and a set weapon and tried to upgrade those from normal to exceptional using ancient recipe. both recipes didn't work. please help :cry:

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 am

Hey There, you might wanna try the following:

Normal Unique/Set Weapon
Ki Rune (8)
A Rune (12)
3 Blemished Gems
Upgraded To Exceptional
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Wed May 03, 2017 4:29 am

gogodanny" wrote:Hey There, you might wanna try the following:

Normal Unique/Set Weapon
Ki Rune (8)
A Rune (12)
3 Blemished Gems
Upgraded To Exceptional
thanks. going to try this later. :)

*edit* the recipe works. i think that i have downloaded the old database. i'll go back to the wiki and start copying important stuff.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 am

I highly recommend using the ES Database - http://esdb.d2se.org/ you can find pretty much anything there :-)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 am

thanks man, just downloaded the faq from the wiki, hope that'll be enough cuz i don't want to wait for more than 2 hours downloading the whole wiki for offline reference.

i'm missing just the thorned armor piece to complete my ihsahn's shade set. is there an alternative to gambling or going to an area to farm it? tried converting same base uniques into set items but i got the armor piece from the wrong set (Sascha's Bosom Thorned Armor).

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu May 04, 2017 9:06 am

Sorry that won't work - in this case it's merely luck dependend which item you get. Kinda think of Tyraels Might and Templar's in vanilla LoD. Sometimes u're lucky, sometimes it's sucky :-/
Good luck tho bud

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri May 05, 2017 10:18 am

gogodanny" wrote:Sorry that won't work - in this case it's merely luck dependend which item you get. Kinda think of Tyraels Might and Templar's in vanilla LoD. Sometimes u're lucky, sometimes it's sucky :-/
Good luck tho bud
pfff..oh well. thanks man, i'm off to craft some magic find items anyway.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm

guys, how do you remove the runes from the runeword? can I put in runes/gems/jewels to further enhance it after removing them? thanks

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Cube item with filled sockets with key.

Cheers
AlphA

Daniel_

Post by Daniel_ » Tue May 09, 2017 12:56 am

Hi, I'm new 2 Questions.

I'm atm wondering and reading through mods' stuff, and about a fun build for myself. On this way I am wondering about Molten Boulder. In Vanilla it is "bugged" and doesn't Knock back enemies in Hell anymore (more of an imbalance than a bug, certainly not intended) basically making the spell useless since there is no more "piercing" and only a very small aoe effect. Is it better in ES, IN HIGHER DIFFICULTIES?

Secondly I wonder about Energy/Life distribution. In R6 Energy now adds damage to elemental damage and stuff. Does that mean It was required to use alot of Energy (meaning much less life) or is it just meant to be a bonus, when getting some/lots of energy anyways, from items for instance? As far as I know you need alot of life.. so this doesn't sound too handy for me, not sure of course.

Thirdly is Volcanic Creeper (Druid Summon) affected by +%Firedamage and/or -%enemy fire Res gear?

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Tue May 09, 2017 11:27 am

Daniel: welcome to ES! it always knocks back in normal though in NM there are times that it doesn't. it only knocks back 1 target.

any browser experts here? pls help. how can I save the ilvl calculator as a complete offline calculator. i tried to save it using HTTrack Website Copier but i takes way too long.

also i need details about this maple leaf i heard so much about. thanks!

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 am

HI Daniel_
nice to have a fresh face.
You can get tons of life in ES via D-Stoning, Battle Orders (for all classes, can be found on shops (javelins)) and o-skills like Spirits. So it's not really required to invest heavily in vitality. Personally I never invest a single point into vitality yet (with the right equipment) I reach over 5-9k HP on any char. Furthermore the bonuses provided by heavily investing in STR/DEX/ENE respectively largely outweigh the extralife you get from vit points. Usually chars get 2-3 life per point in vit so it's not that much anyway.

Boulder ist a decent skill in Hell, however firestorm is much more useful - they however synergize each others so why not try it? Furthermore you can always respec you skills in ES so if one build doesnt work, jsut respec to a different one.

@Niklaas Maple Leaf is an item you get either from unique charms (Uberdiablo likes to drop those) or from having the ancient scroll and cubing it with 16 perfect gems and 16 D-Stones. Together with Scroll 50 and a SA rune you can reduce +lvlrequirement on items.
Highly expensive but well worth it to reach 900ED, massive resists etc ...

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue May 09, 2017 2:49 pm

You can find all cube recipes and most other important informations either here or here.

Cheers
AlphA

Daniel_

Post by Daniel_ » Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks. Oh, so it's not "fixed". I always liked the Idea of Molten Boulder being not simply a damage spell but also having some utility and perhaps paring it with a stronger spell, similiar to a frozen orb/fireball sorceress using fireballs during the cooldown and stuff (bad example, but at least a build with 2 spells). The druid was on my impression always designed to be more of a midrange caster. So that was kind of my goal/motivation to finally play a druid that was intended originally (because why not make the spell finally useful via modification). Is there some other damage/utility fun build you want to recommend?

I won't be able to respec since I play online, so I will need to plan a little ahead. (from what I've read you need "PlugY", don't you?..) Is there a character-planner? (or how many skillpoints can I distribute, I'm currently looking this up, but might aswell ask here)

It is nice to hear that I don't need to invest alot of vitality , looking forward to it. However it should be personal choice wether I want to play more safe or not, and not be completely garbage?

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Wed May 10, 2017 6:32 am

I don't like the look of druids so I haven't played them much. However I once tried Creeping Doom and it seemed to be pretty strong cone-shaped aoe-attack that also stuns enemies. You could give it a try if you want some utility with the damage.

In softcore I'd recommend balanced stat allocations. Vitality is still a nice thing especially when leveling as you won't then be a glass cannon. Also while heavy investment in strength, dexterity or energy don't have diminishing returns (iirc, it has been a while...) you generally get tons of off-weapon enhanced damage (or elemental skill damage) from gear and skills so the relative value of having very high strength compared to 50/50 stat allocation between strength and vitality is not "huge". After you get lots of life from dragon stoning full titan builds (all points in strength, dexterity or energy) start making more sense.

In hardcore go for full vitality. You'll hate yourself if you don't and you die.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Wed May 10, 2017 9:44 am

guys, is there a way to increase ilvl of the item without upgrading its quality? i just recently found that base upgrading my weapons increases the level requirement by a ton and i can't base upgrade white items also. thanks

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 am

I don't think there is a way to upgrade the ilvl of an item besides killing monsters in a high density area and finding a new item. Most stuff will be ilvl 88 on hell difficulty when farming the good areas and that should be high enough for anything.

If you really need some certain white item you can use Ancient Scrolls 2 and 3 and gambling. Those scrolls can be used to make white items out of blue ones. The ilvl stays intact so you can gamble items until you get a blue one and then apply one of these recipes to make white items that have ilvl in the range of -5...+4 based on your character's level. Gambling chits can also be used and they provide items with ilvl 45 on normal difficulty, ilvl 65 on nightmare and ilvl 85 on hell.

Most normal white items don't have any level requirements. Most exceptional require level 25. Elite items require something like level 45-65. Base upgrades make the most sense with weapons as the base damage will increase by a very significant amount.

I wouldn't really bother with the armor items unless I was really sure about what I was doing. While all armor pieces provide defense the requirements will go up significantly. Body armor has the biggest impact so if I really wanted some more defense that would be my first consideration for base upgrading.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 am

blackduck: thanks, i'm going to try this later. should I dial down the magic find for the blue weapons to show up?

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

If you're only interested in blue or white items then less MF is better.

In case you want to keep your equipment worn you can make some small charms with negative magic find.

1x Any Small Charm
1x Ancient Decipherer
1-4x Stamina Potion

-> 1x Small Charm with -25...-100% Magic Find.

Intermission

Post by Intermission » Thu May 11, 2017 11:55 am

Hello there! First of all I'm a real newbie in D2 realm totally. I've never played D2 before and after many years playing other H&S like PoE Torchlight series etc. I decided to try the true legend of genre. And I'm truely excited to play D2 with ES mod for a week now. I have so many questions but I'm still trying to figure out some mechanics by my self using ES database. At the moment I'm trying to build my assasin around Mokotos set is it worth it? I've already upgraded weapon to exceptional and is fine for now in nightmare(still strugling with resists). Furtheremore i'm wondering when to start forging stuff and what kind of gear magic or rare is more accurate to start with. I feel realy confused when looking at ES database so much to do but don't know what is worth improving. I hope someone could help me out when I'll stuck in some point in Hell diff. Thank you and have a nice drops!

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu May 11, 2017 2:10 pm

If you wanna stick to the set for now, forging and dstone it will help you get through nightmare and hell. By then you should start farming for better eq. Dont Tinker yet. Also dont use any Maple Leaves for now.

Look for useable oskills on rares (amu/rings/gloves/belts/boots and circlets/helmets). Shields and Armor Rares arent really good enough. Keep all jewels you find. If you wanna roll +allskills reroll as magic, if you wanna reroll for dmg/+assa reroll as rare. If you have further questions, you can ask me per PM for skype / mumble contact.

Cheers
AlphA

Return to “Eastern Sun”