Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 am

Gonna retire my Psychic Slash Assassin soon,Dstoned 30% Wind Skill Dmg on both Claws and am now able to run in special areas on p/8,even Cows fall from all the Mind Blast's me and the Warriors are throwing all around,Warriors are still doing more dmg than me,and I don't want to invest Maples in this Chars gear,it would take too much to raise my dmg higher than that of my Shadows so why bother...I'll get one or two more levels and do the Domain on p/8 and after that this one will be retired...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:21 pm

That reminds me, I should work on my mindblaster. I have the stuff for her, why not?
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Does %Wind and %Fire Skill Dmg affect Death Sentry Corpse Explosion???Also do Assassin summons receive bonuses from +Summons Skills from Hard Energy Points like all other Summons???

My MindBlaster was able to kill off Reziarfarg with no Warriors lost in the process,my Warriors are now slvl 85,and that means that they use Mind Blast and Psychic Slash on slvl 80-something...since they receive 1/3 of their own slvl as bonus + 1/2 of the slvl of Skill they use + bonus from Command Mastery...awesome,I can't even imagine their Dmg what with all the extra synergy's bonus they receive...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

AFAIK hard energy only boosts summon melee damage.. so wind skills that minions use aren't affected by the bonus.
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:11 pm

A little bit more and my Mindblaster is Retired,I go now to take down Nihla and Gang on p/8...Any opinions on which of my Sorcs to finish first???I got Akira(Telekinesis),Immolation(Immolation),Iceferno(Frozen Orb) or my Twisted(Twister) Sorc???I didn't farm all that much with them(except Twisted,she got her own resources) and so they are poor and wait for me to twink em out with some Maples,Charms and Anvils...They are all 80+ Chars and can equip whatever...

Edit: Hell yea,one more Jah Decal for me!!! Psychic got lucky in the Fake Note Factory...

Edit: And one more Wo for me,Ghost Lister was kind to me,and much more easyer to kill than I thought he will be on p/8 with my Psychic...

Edit: And it is done,with only 30% Dstonings of Wind Skill Dmg on both Claws,Fatalstorm was the most dangerous and Nihla the most easy,my Merc died only once to Fatalstorm,all my Shadows died multiple times to Fatalstorm...and I did not die even once...Zero deaths Retirement,man I doubted that I'll be able to do the Domain on p/8 with no death with this one but boy was I wrong...

Edit:I'm gonna twink my FO Sorc and finish with Twister Sorc soon,I ponder should I just make a Work of God for my FO Sorc's Merc and ditch Archdimeron???

Edit: Made a GOD Rune!!! Ditched Archdimeron,equipped some Rare Diadem,will be shown with the Work of God my Off Barb Merc now uses when I make a Page for my FO Sorc...BWAHAHAHAHA...some serious pownage is gonna happen now...I struggled for long enough with my Sorcs,now they gonna OWN...

Edit: Damn my luck,I had a Elder Cane with +4 Cold and +3 Blizzard in my stash(don't know with which of my Chars I found it),that replaced a Elder Cane with only +4 Cold Skills...and now while I was playing with my FO Sorc I Found a Elder Cane with +4 Cold and +2 FO!!!damn and I wasted a bunch of Dstones on the one with +Blizzard...good thing I didn't use any Maples on it...seems to me I'll be replacing my weapon again...

Edit: GOD DAMN...my Twister Sorc died her first Death by that damn Leoric who spawned right on top of me...Damn...I was gone in a second...First Death with Her...

Edit: Well,I got my Revenge on that bastard,and that Succubus Seal Boss dropped me one more Atlastrust...

Edit: Unbeliavable,third kill of Uber D and I got a Vlad Tepe from him with my Twister Sorc...usually I got to kill the bastard 50 times for one Vlad Tepe...

Edit: And my Twister Sorc became a Wizardess on p/8...the drop of Baal's Bodyguard was really nice,now I even got one more Wo for trade...soon when I finish with improving gear I will go to Domain on p/8...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 pm

I really should make another sandstormer druid. No, I'm serious. I really should..

..and I am going to name him Windwind.

EDIT: Made so. I rolled a 2/2 starter shaman wand with the "Natural" prefix.. so now it is +3 Elemental, not +2! I am not getting any luckier than this.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Any Gear Plans on that???

I decided to switch my three minor slots on my Twister Sorc with Goldark's...in Belt I'll put two Nexus Stars to retain full resists with Fade,and Boots and Gloves I'll just use the four Jewels I had before on all three slots,with Veterans Charm I would even have a spare socket for a GF Jewel Forged with Ra and I'll still have lvl 100 Twister...isn't that awesome...But I'll keep the old gear for the Domain Run on p/8 when I collect some more resources...after the Domain on p/8 I'll retire this Char...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm currently deciding on what to use. But this is what I have so far:

Weapon: +2(+1) Elemental starter Shaman Wand with two sockets ("Natural" prefix adds +1 Elemental, so I have +3)
Shield: Defender of Justice, to be replaced with a druid-craft shield
Armor: "Zenith"
Gloves: Gloves of the Dark Mage
Boots: ???
Belt: Probably druid-crafted
Helm: "Placidity"
Ring1: Yagul's Wrath
Ring2: Zodiac Band
Amulet: Beads of the Guardian

Not sure about boots, but might also druid-craft those...

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Go Druid Craft all the way...

Twister works mighty fine in her GF Gear,1 Mil per clear of Special Areas on p/8...I even think this would work for the Domain if I Upgrade the Gear in the Right way...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:11 pm

I don't need that many +all skills even if I use oskill amplify damage. But that would be on switch.

20 Sandstorm
25 Tornado
30 Winter Fury
30 Cyclone Armor
rest Arctic Blast

Winter Fury deals quite a manageable amount of cold damage even if you're a sandstormer, it's a reasonable alternative when you face phys immunes, but I still prefer oskill amp. My merc will have "Mighty" gloves and a full Waves set. He will be Act 5 Defense this time, now that I have the blue aura stone.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Well,My Twister Sorc earned her First Maple and I invested in Vet Charm for Her(which I will transfer to my FO Sorc next),tried to run to the Domain on p/8,but I had to retreat from Reziarfarg(whatever) since he OHK-ed my Merc...guess I'll really have to improve His gear at least before venturing deeper in Naraku...The Triple Goldarks work even better than my earlier setup,more room for improving it...and lots of gold too...

Edit: For my Immolation Sorc I decided to ditch the Conviction Merc and go for Off Barb now that I have a Work of God Runeword,She will be on Hold thou until I finish my FO Sorc which is also on Hold since She is waiting for some pieces of gear my Twister Sorc uses...damn...it's much more complicated to play the damn game once you start shifting gear from one Char to another...maybe I should have continued on without Tweaking but damn,my Chars become OP really fast this way...

Edit: I'm missing only 20 Solid Mercury's now for Gold Scarab...I just can believe that nobody wanted to trade that away considering all that I can give for them(thank you Psycho and Dzonny,you the only ones who wanted to trade those)...Soon my DualGluttony will get new gear,bwahahaha,and he is just about to be lvl 98 too...

Once I make Gold Scarab and change the rest of Tasselhoff's on Him I'll make a Page here for Him too,anybody wants to see His Gear and Stats or should I not bother with making a Page???

I bite down hard

bestdnd

Post by bestdnd » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Looking for my next chat build.
What would work, assuming I prefer melee physical (with something to deal with PI), and a lot of life?
I'm leaning to zealot with annihilation and might, because of paladin's base life, ability to handle crowds and have vengeance for PI. should I make him 2h (with the passive) or use a shield?
I don't like WW, so barb is out (or is does it have another way for dealing with crowds?). same for amazon.
Warewolf could work, with zeal-like, and rabis.
Elemental form, puts a lot of damage, but can it deal with crowds? shockwave damage seams pretty low/
Igiari sounds good, with it's defense bonus, magic damage, venom and fade/shade armor, versatile summons, and death-trap.
melee necro have bone shield and corpse explosion, but he seams week.
melee sorc, might work with strong energy shield, but how physical is it?

thanks.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:41 pm

For Pally go Two Handed,maybe with Weapon+Shield in Switch for buffing...
Double Swing Barb works cool even if you don't use any other skill,my GF Barb kills faster with two Gluttony Runewords than my Concentrate Barb...
Fury Druid is also Awesome and there are some neat items for him...With both Forms you can always use Charged Claws for bigger mobs or get a Zeal or Killer Scythe in Switch(don't know if they work when shifted)...
Iaigiri Assassin can be a really fast killer if done right...
Melle Necro is tough to start off but strong later on...
Melle Sorc is possible but tough to start off...

If you got many items in stash and resources you could try one of the harder Chars(Necro,Sorc)...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Don't underestimate Shockwave. Even though you have low damage on that skill, it will prove helpful because of the stun once you have +skills.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:45 am

My Frozen Orb/Blizzard Sorc is finished...FO Dmg on slvl 98 is 30,5 k average and Blizzard on slvl 100 is 120 k...anybody interested in my setup???

Edit: God Damn...Just got a DualMax Rogue Bow and a He Rune from Magmajuggler on p/8 with my Iceferno(FO Sorc)...I'll finish up the Domain and if I don't die I'll make a Page for this one too...one more Zero Deaths Char,bwahahaha...

Edit: And it's done,I did not die but my Merc died at least 6 times...New page will be made soon...

I bite down hard

Sajberhippien
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Sajberhippien » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:46 am

Has anyone tried a lightning only sorceress?

Testing it now, using Chain Lightning as the main attack backed up by Lightning Hydra (which is quite effective and has an AMAZING range, very useful against dangerous opponents) and time stop, and I'm thinking of either going maxed lightning inferno against lightning immunes (it deals decent physical damage) or instead maxing frozen orb. I'd prefer Lightning Inferno since it synergizes with my main attacks.

Since restarting from scratch, I can't count on having the best equipment. So far it's working decently, I'm level 72 and soon finished with nightmare (I run at /players 8) but I'm a bit afraid of Hell. Not having access to the best equipment, including not having any easy access to Conviction (apart from ArchDimeron which is so/so, requiring the RMB making it four RMB skills). I'm using the Act5 Offensive barb sidekick, but it will that be enough?

Long enough since I played that I've forgotten much of the good stuff and am just now again reading up on the wiki and database.

EDIT: Oh, on a side note, is it just me or shouldn't telekinesis deal physical damage if any lightning skill should? I mean the skill is about tossing stuff/people around. that sounds more physical than lightning inferno does.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:45 am

I made an effective Telekinesis Sorc,slow crow killer since you must click on every single creature to kill em since Shift+Click does not work with it...All Lightning should be viable but against Metalspark and the like you will need to rely on the Merc until he drops their Immunity...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:16 pm

First character started cold druid, then went wind, and now he's CD/Sandstorm.. have an Act 2 prayer merc with "INSIGHT" polearm to help his Prayer and boost my mana regen. Right now he's near NM Ancients.

This guy's setup... (Note the other skills synergise with Creeping Doom)

-20 Creeping Doom
-25 Tornado
-20 Sandstorm
-30 Arctic Blast
-20 Acid Rain
-rest Earth Spikes

However there's a potential roadblock. I forgot that in Act 2 Hell, we have those nasty bugs with physical immunity in those tunnels. So instead of 30 Arctic Blast, I will use 30 Bone Spear. The side effect is that Sandstorm damage may go down, but I will have a directional attack and my Creeping Doom will still go up.

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:02 pm

are cold blast builds viable?
really fun skill :D
nice to skillshot those around

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:58 am

Yes...You will want to take Shadow Warriors with you...they destroy with that build...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 pm

agreeing with Lucifer here, 3 shadow warriors spamming cold blast is much fun. :)

Proceeding with my druid, he is Act 3 Hell, I didn't really have much need to spam Bone Spear in the maggot tunnels since the path was short. The apparitions were hard because they are high-resistant to magic, but was able to mow them down with creeping doom when they got too close. Duriel was easily pushed over.

The only real pain I have when doing Halls runs is the horadrim ancients and zombies that are Magic immune. However, I can easily take them down with Sandstorm, although that involves getting close, but creeping doom stuns them for a small duration which makes the task easy.

Found two +4% Fire jewels, and a +3% Fire jewel. Also, while I'm on the luck talk, I have a Lv.60 Wererat jewel (5/8) and a Lv.60 jewel of Werewolf (again, that is 5/8) that also has clvl MF%, 2/8 to be exact.

I threw most of my good stuff away to sorta start over, but already I'm finding some elite uniques: Elzix's Treasure and a Heart of Jewels before I went into the Halls for the second time.

EDIT: And a Ber decal, I now have two, enough to make "INFINITY". I smell a charged claws druid coming up. Nah, I'll use it on my lightning strike amazon..

EDIT 2: And a Jah decal! I can make "PHOENIX" :D Also got three other elite uniques: Atlastrust, Hands of Atlas and Spirit of the Forest. Made it to Act 5 Hell; my druid has 1 death so far, which makes me impressed. (He died somewhere in Nightmare.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 am

Nice man...when I think about how long it took for me to get me first Ber and Jah I am simply frightened to start over again...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I still have my decals and rune stockers from before, so it is still going to be quite a monumental wait until I get the Cham and Zod..

My druid hit a temporary roadblock. But thankfully it is after he obtained the Elite Stone. I am shifting gears however, and I'm going to attempt a shuriken assassin. Before I do that, I am going to run Halls with my druid to gather d-stones and maybe get some good scrolls. I have #27 (7 Magic charms of same size = 1 rare), but not the #38 I am looking for (RIP mod on weapon)...

EDIT: Make that a permanent roadblock. With so many magic immunes forcing my druid to use Sandstorm, he's parked in the worldstone keep. Before he hit the waypoint, Diabloclone showed up. After getting rid of him, he dropped an ore with 3 bleeding stones in it, amongst some other crystals. I also found yet another Jah decal along the way. :twisted:

EDIT 2: And a Something Wicked this way comes. :lol: I'm going to attempt to overthrow Baal in Hell difficulty, but I might not make it.

EDIT 3: Passed Hell, he got a Ro rune out of the mess along with Death's Grip and Boots of the Valiant.

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 am

Is there any way to make summoned skeletons have the Cannot Be Frozen effect? Bloodravens workshop is is almost not possible since my minions are frozen 110% of the time.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 am

Give them the Protection from Cold aura. Not only will they now have Cannot Be Frozen, they will have some damage reduction bonus. "Fox" (Ki Tsu Ne -> body armor) runeword has it.

EDIT: Seeing that "INFINITY" has the polearm requirement and a level requirement of 63 (BER), only a charged claws druid would properly wield this. That is something I am not looking at yet. I did a test run down Dark Magician's Workship and one of the dark magicians was kind enough to drop a Cyclop's Protector for me. Now I don't have to gamble it. (This is for my shuriken assassin.)

Return to “Eastern Sun”