Version 1.70 is released.

Information and updates for the "Battle for Elements" mod by TrueMage. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: TrueMage

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Version 1.70 is released.

Post by TrueMage » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 pm

My dear players! :)

After all long years the Battle for Elements 1.70 has been released! This is a new base version so you will have to start over from the scratch as your previous characters will not be compatible with the new version due to basic changes. Please see the full list of changes below.

Remember that is base version, not an update, so you no need any previous versions to install version 1.70. You may get 1.70 here:
:!: launcher edition
:!: d2se edition

Global changes:
- Weapon item requirements were splitted into three difficulties: "Standard" have 75% of 1.60 requirements, "Hard" - 100%, and "Impossible" - 125%.
- Added armor item requirements. They were splitted into three difficulties too: "Standard" have 75% of "Hard" requirements, and "Impossible" - 125% of "Hard".
- Armor soul requirements also added. As with weapon soul requirements, they carry over approx. 25% of item stats requirements to an item you insert this soul to. These 25% relates to "Hard" requirements.

Launcher changes:
- New launcher by Al'Hazrad.

Gameplay features:
:!: Completely new Alchemy system
- 2 new unique charms. Please play the mod to find out how to obtain it.
- One-way waypoint to Worldstone Keep lvl.2 was disabled to prevent too easy Baal runs.

Graphics features:
:!: Over 400 new images for such items like item souls, book of planes, stack components, runes, runescripts, extractors, needles, elemental keys, etc... by Al'Hazrad.
- New character select screen by Al'Hazrad.
- New game select screen by Al'Hazrad.
- Some changes in towns by Al'Hazrad. Check the character new house!

Balance:
- Waypoint to Ancient Tower now locked until you get Sphere of Summoning. I hope it'll serve as additional very clear hint where you can summon Andariel. :)
- Level of Foul Crows Holy Fire aura in Valley of Three Caves was decreased to 3 on Normal difficulty.
- Volcano range of Bears in Three Ways was halved and delay between debris falling was tripled.
- Act 1 Fallen Shamans fireball was weakened.

Bug fixes:
- Weapon soul requirements were fixed. It was not 25% as I stated previously and in some cases it was far not 25%. These 25% relates to "Hard" requirements.
- Assassin charge up missiles were restored to original. There were not intended technical graphics.

Technical changes:
- PlugY 11.02.
- Some installer improvements.

How to install:

Do the following two steps only if you have any older BFE versions installed:

1. Remove all previous versions of BFE completely, while retaining the default Diablo II program files/folder. Note: pre-1.60 saved characters and shared stash are not transferable.

2. Ensure that the existing _LOD_HC_SharedStashSave_.sss and _LOD_SharedStashSave.sss files have been removed from the ./Save/BFE/ folder.

The following step is required:

3. Run BFE1.70setup.exe and follow the installation instructions.

P.S. Please, read documentation in "Knowledge Base" folder !!!

Texalic
Paladin

Re: Version 1.70 is released.

Post by Texalic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Thank You, downloading and will check it out these days. :P

Edited.
Last edited by Texalic on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:11 pm

There are was a couple of bugs - one with launcher and one with cube recipes. Sorry for this.
Please, uninstall the mod, download it and install it again.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:08 pm

D2se edition of 1.70 was added too. You can grab it here: http://diablobfe.ru/site/dload.php?id=35

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:10 am

Thank You, but it didn't helped me.

Edited: Non-D2SE version doesn't work for me, will see if I can test it on Windows 7, currently I'm on windows 10 PC.

I'm testing D2SE version but have some plugy erros.

You have PM since it is a little bit too much of text i.e. two plugy log files for you.

Thank You once again.

EDIT1:

I was able to skip plugy error with plugyfixed,ini but game freeze after I move my mouse over character status window.

Let me rest since it is 1 am, investigate a little bit more and then I will send you more info about "errors" I get.

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:36 am

I've got the same issue as Talic with the launcher version. At first it shows an error with a missing excel and after re-downloading the installer the error is gone but the game process doesn't show up.
The D2SE plugin seems to work well. Sunday is saved :lol:

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 am

You are lucky, sth doesn't work correctly for me so I'm in process of sending him one huge PM :mrgreen:

Edit: Done :D

I hope logs I've sent to you will help.

Also, one question.

There is D2ExpRes.ini, when I enable it I see that it is still "work in progress", so I guess we may expect it in some future updates :)
Last edited by Texalic on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:24 am

Talic wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 am
You are lucky, sth doesn't work correctly for me so I'm in process of sending him one huge PM :mrgreen:
I think you doing something wrong with your d2se. Unfortunately I don't familiar with d2se at all, so it is better to find any person who familiar with d2se enough to help you. I'm sure the issue id in it.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:26 am

Whaag wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:36 am
I've got the same issue as Talic with the launcher version. At first it shows an error with a missing excel and after re-downloading the installer the error is gone but the game process doesn't show up.
The D2SE plugin seems to work well. Sunday is saved :lol:
If you still want to use launcher edition, try run D2VidTst and if you use 3dfx mode, toggle fullscreen off in launcher

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Both editions were reuploaded on site (some bugs were fixed). Please, download preferred edition and reinstall it.

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 pm

works fine 4 me (D2SE), atm Lvl 5

tyvm
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am

Great! :)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Didn't had a chance till now, but that latest version you've uploaded works fine, D2SE version. Why previous version didn't work i.e. it would crash....but who cares.

Finally able to play it. :)

Thank You

Return to “Battle for Elements”