Mod really hard?

Information and updates for the "Battle for Elements" mod by TrueMage. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: TrueMage

Razziel

Mod really hard?

Post by Razziel » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:42 pm

Is this mod really hard or am I a bad player? Because I just finished the game on normal with necromancer and I am left with only about 40 endurance (without pluses from charms and items). Has anyone finished game on normal with nec? And would anyone be kind to give me some tips on items and skills and such? And there is one think that I find odd. And haven't been able to come up with good gloves/boots/helmets. Can you give me any tips on this? And how about the helmet runewords. How do I make them? Do I insert 4 bone runes for necromancer? Thanks.

mofuga

Re: Mod really hard?

Post by mofuga » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:21 pm

this mod is buffed up but so is your charactor the best charactors to use so far i have tested is w/w and furry barb and a smiter zeal pally, anything from regular lod just forget it wont apply here, and dont let your self die, DONT just press exit and leave, casue if yur endurance goes down then your finished.

im just got to hell act 1 on my barb he is level 78 and its hard, i get owned. and i got like 15k defence and something like 100k to 650k dmg, and its hard man...

but so far i have not been able to make any good runewords i find the uniques are really good, and use the unique extractors and stack them up.. find a good unique with cannot be frozen this will help greatly....

bobtom
Paladin

Post by bobtom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:03 am

yea if u think normals hard just wait till hell im level 90 with over 5million def and about 9-14mill dmg and i still get rocked

sonanth

Post by sonanth » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:06 am

Also, all that damage doesn't matter because its capped much, much lower anyways. From the General Info file in the Knowledge Base:

"Cap for each damage type (fire, cold, lightning, physical) is 87000. Damage rolls back to 0 around 140-170K. If source does damage per frame (poison, some skills such as Fire Wall) then cap is 87000 per frame (1sec=25frames)."
There once was a man from Nantucket.......

vpsy7

Post by vpsy7 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:40 am

well im lvl 85 barb act5 hell and i got like 100k life, 1000k def, do 60k-75k dmg and like 1k to all resists
i have to put the /players thing above the limit of 4, so it cant be challenging
when ur beginning its really hard but after some time its feel easier...

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:11 am

all of my characters over lvl 80 play on players10. the best one at it is the sorc since she can get away mostly if it gets bad. i did die a few days ago in the wsk, so it has its risks. even the weakest monsters have a great deal of hitpoints and it really slows me down. my necro-barb is shaping up to be untouchable. stacking CtC reanimate mods with resurrect, some sumon charms, and in the middle of it, a barb who is pretty mean too...and i even use concentrate mostly. but once you get a high level runner and save gold, you're free to start experimenting anyway. i don't want to say the mod becomes easy, but you know how it works and the money issue is mostly solved.

this is why i was asking if anyone had ideas for alt builds that might be fun in this mod. plus, it's still in development and i know i havent found most of the new sets..some but not all.
Riding on the bloodhound ringing the bell
black cat wrapped in the road map to hell
pencil on my leg and I'm trying not to beg
taking turns baking worms with the bacon and eggs - well they got me in a bird cage flapping my jaw like a pretzel in the stars just waiting to fall, so give me what I got to get so I can go cause I ain't washing dishes in the ditch no mo'

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:08 am

Yes, last few versions of mod became... pop. :) Mod is too easy on late stages. I know this and I am going to undertake the certain steps. :)

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:18 pm

care to share how you are looking to achieve this?

i know this is a long shot, but it would be great to see some new monsters with new abilities. i suppose you havent found anyone to do new animations..and you can't alter the map to make passage harder. hm. i guess it will be dmg/def/res changes for characters?
taking turns baking worms with the bacon and eggs - well they got me in a bird cage flapping my jaw like a pretzel in the stars just waiting to fall, so give me what I got to get so I can go cause I ain't washing dishes in the ditch no mo'

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:13 am

At the moment I'm not ready to answer you about a ways... but you are not right with monster anomations (I make it now) as well as with maps (we have BFE mapper - Cubaholic). ;)

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:50 pm

well, in this case being wrong is a very good thing! Thanks again, TrueMage

Return to “Battle for Elements”