Magic Necro

Information and updates for the "Battle for Elements" mod by TrueMage. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: TrueMage

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Magic Necro

Post by IndianaMaggot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:14 am

I am making a Necromancer but instead of focusing on summoning and corpse explosion... I thought i would make a magic casting necro. I would use one golem (still undecided) and use magic skills such as Teeth, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, etc... I would also use the poison skills as well. And lower resist curse of course. Does anyone have any advise that I can use. This seems like it could be very difficult but very fun to play.
"Do You Serve a Purpose, or Purposely Serve?"
Working on Secret Project!
I am always willing to beta test for anyone just PM me.

bobtom
Paladin

Re: Magic Necro

Post by bobtom » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:10 am

so your saying you want to make a poison and bone necro? cus if you are it should be as simplles as making 2 different characters. just distribute the skills accordingly

sonanth

Post by sonanth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 pm

A friend told me of a build he used before on vanilla D2. Used the bone skills with like bone wall and bone prison, then used that curse makes them take damage whenever they do damage, iron maiden or something like that.

He says it works fine. But how that would apply to this mod, I have no idea.
There once was a man from Nantucket.......

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:04 am

i think youll find that if you use poison, it's going to just tear up things way more than your magic damage. um..i tried to focus on that on my nec a few versions ago, and it didnt really work because there arent any +% to magic damage. you can find magic dmg adds, and you can pick up + to magic skills from unique items. unless that is what bone skills efficiency means. and if thats the case does it apply to pally magic dmg?

poison nova will level just about everything. my nec is super mean as a killer, and for me this build came down to resistances and life points. i suppose that i could carry 'melt in plasma' and pick up energy shield too.

also, at one point there was a thown weapon..i think it was a pillum or something that gave like..+7 to nec skills. so, you wield a throwing axe and pick up the +42 to nec skills. that unique may no longer exist..but mine does so it means i get to have a pretty strong skeleton army too, and a golem. with all his other stuff, he has skills in the 80s and 90s. (i carry a number of charms with plus all skills as well). he's cool..i was trying to figure out how to make him into my magic find character when i got distracted by another character.

EDIT: that weapon is called Vastliance and is a Lvl 39 Simbilian with +7 to nec skill levels. nice dmg on it too, but that won't matter.
Last edited by gravity on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding on the bloodhound ringing the bell
black cat wrapped in the road map to hell
pencil on my leg and I'm trying not to beg
taking turns baking worms with the bacon and eggs - well they got me in a bird cage flapping my jaw like a pretzel in the stars just waiting to fall, so give me what I got to get so I can go cause I ain't washing dishes in the ditch no mo'

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:36 am

[quote=gravity";p="306398"]unless that is what bone skills efficiency means. and if thats the case does it apply to pally magic dmg?[/quote]
No, it don't apply to pally skills, after all, it is bone skills efficiency, so it applies to bone skills only, but not to damage only, other properties of these skills are affected too.

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:18 am

why is it that there is no +% to magik damage? too powerful? magic not an element? ;)
taking turns baking worms with the bacon and eggs - well they got me in a bird cage flapping my jaw like a pretzel in the stars just waiting to fall, so give me what I got to get so I can go cause I ain't washing dishes in the ditch no mo'

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 am

Well, first of all, yes, magic is not an element :) , and secondly... + to Bone Skill Efficiency is better than just +X% to magic damage in case of Nec skills.

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:29 pm

yes, i was just thinking about like..well, you have all character types being able to become an 'elementalist' in that you can pick up varying elemental spells and boost them with +% from many different items. but this is not the case for magic spells, and those that already have like the paladin have no way of boosting magic dmg like you can with other spell attacks. seems like magic has become like poison was in vanilla...neat but..not a lot of dmg.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:35 am

[quote=gravity";p="306398"]
EDIT: that weapon is called Vastliance and is a Lvl 39 Simbilian with +7 to nec skill levels. nice dmg on it too, but that won't matter.[/quote]

I tried this weapon a few days ago and it didn't have a single necro skill. Is the affix random or was the item altered in one of the patches?
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:08 am

the +% to magic damage modifier is broken in vanilla lod and needs to be added the the hardcoded elements table to work or you could just give a damage synergy for that stat on all magic skills(magic pierce is also broken due to this).....i assume this is why there is on +% to magic damage modifier?
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 am

musta changed in the .35 patch...

Return to “Battle for Elements”