Progress Report...(EDITED Whenever)

Information and updates for the Apocalypse mod by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Progress Report...(EDITED Whenever)

Post by Hades » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Simple enough to understand this thread.I'll be posting all new additions,and future changes to the mod here.As well as fixes for any bugs,prob's...
Guess I can start out with a look into the Apocalypse mod and how it's going to be released tomorrow.
Well first off it's going to be set up as a "Prequal" to Underworld mod.That may change to a sequal,depending on how everything gels together though.
Simply put this mod is the boys of the Apocalypse running wild lol.The Four horsemen of the Apocalypse are going to be the main theme here.I had too much stuff to put into Underworld so I decided to split the story lines up into 2 different mods and see how well it goes from there.
So how about a few glimpses into Apocalypse..
1-As they are both going to be interwined,all the sets from Underworld are in this mod but I'm going to be addin about 50 more to give a broader variety for all the collectors...And well most have been downgraded
2-Uniques ,again all from underworld are here but I've already added about 50 more and am going to add in talon rages unique plug in to give you about 1000 more to have fun with.And a bunch of new unique charms,jewels..etc...more bonuses..
3-A bunch of new skill graphic's,token graphic's etc all to add to the eye candy of the mod
4-There are stat potions in this mod to have fun with,only thing is how random they will be heh heh.I hope you all have fun with these,I have...
5-Another new item is the skill potion's in this mod.Again they will drop from wherever but they do work great and hope you find em.These item's are to make up for the 2 skill points per level which is in Underworld but not in this mod.
6-As of right now there are only 40 new runes so far.I'm going to be adding as many as I can but hope you find what is there already fun to play around with.I'd start to collect em though,there will be alot of recipes calling for these soon...
7-Cubing....well for one you can still socket stuff but..it is lower sockets and also a new recipe to do it.So have fun finding it out,this should balance the mod out nicely unlike Underworld heh heh.
8-There are a bunch of new crafted recipes as well.But again I have lots of work to go here as well.I would love to totally fill up the cube main txt with as much interesting stuff as I can so it may take awhile lol.But the ride from here to there should provide everyone with a tonne of fun recipes.
9-Char's start out with the cube as well heh heh,forgot that
10-Added in the shrieker and boar from Infinitum,kool
11-Added in Xenast's act 5 town map too,for a change
12-More of my maps are in this version as well,but I'm still making a bunch more so look foreward to some great mapping addition's along the way
13-Skill's...well there's obviously a tonne of work here to do.As well as giving all the monsters new skill's too,so should take the most time along with mapping but hopefully the end result will be kool..
14-There will be plenty of new super uniques coming along as I get em done.But what is there already will suffice for now lol..
15-Tempering stuff,beginning....but not putting in yet sorry
16- Runewords...Well going back to the drawing board for these after I'm done addin in about another 100 or 200 new runesFeel free to post any idea's for rune names or runeword names all....this is going to be a big part here too..
17-Cow level now just has cows and Diablo Clones.Give it a more fun appeal to making the cow level.And yes he drops good.. ;)
18-The cave levels around the Diablo world will have a few surprises but not on all levels,mostly on the last level.I have a few interesting surprises to add to the top levels..
19-There are going to be new tomes to have fun with but not too sure if it'll be in the first beta version or not,I'll see
20-I'm going to be adding in a "pet" item in as well .A few skill's will be attached to them and will probably be very rare.But could be worth finding.
21-Instead of going through a bunch of new cube stuff for now I have used talon rage's cubing plugin heh heh.But I'm going to modify the resipes a bit so they're not so "known"Otherwise you can all enjoy his nice cubing work...

So there's a brief overlook of Apocalypse beta version.05 which will be released tomorrow..or later depending...
nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Progress Report...(EDITED Whenever)

Post by Hades » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:35 am

Well the beta version was supposed to be ready by today buttt....I kind of am still adding the new skill's to the new runes so I'm a little behind.Sorry all but it should be ready by tomorrow or by tuesday at the latest.And for all of you the storyline was too big for Underworld so basically the story has been split into two and well now the story needs touching up and some patchwork heh heh.
Now for the beta...additions..
-I've been adding a bunch of new skills to the new runes ,such as Armageddon,lightning ,etc...but their level requirements will be high as well
-Some cube recipes are being modified as well right now to add a few touch ups
-Some monster placement to add some diff looks
-And boss monsters have had a little beefing up,but after a few trial runs from whoever,I can decide if they need to be beefed up more after
-Trying to finish a few more of my maps to add in too but looks like probably not for this first beta test...
-Also bear with me people ..beta version here lol....hopefully this brings the whole storyline I had in mind fully realized.I think this will bring my idea to life fully with 2 ongoing diff mods but the same storyline to engulf you into the Depths of hell...heh heh...
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Progress Report...0.06 progress

Post by Hades » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:10 pm

Now you all can judge the progress your selves heh heh.Beta version has been released,and I had time to add in an additional 15 new sets for the beta so even more to look for heh heh.
Onto the progress for 0.06.Well first thing is I'm making a bunch of new runes.Along with some different skill's on them most will have section's of runes to go in.So you'll have different categories for the runes to go and the diff powers will be categorized better along the mods progress.Runes will be an added way to get other skill's better recipes,etc...
Another thing I'm working on right now are some new maps.More specifically for the viper temple,tomb,act 3 town,act ice caves,etc..Basically a bunch heh heh,and hopefully they come off good.
Sound and graphic editing is being worked on right now as well,so should be a big influx of new stuff later too ,not to mention enjoyable and fun.All the monsters will have new sound effects when I'm done.And all the char classes will have new in game speech and different speech from quest stuff to buying ,etc.
So that's what's happening right now hheh heh...Back to mapping..
nuff said
Hades

Return to “Apocalypse”