Bug in v2.20

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

etomlinson

Re: Bug in v2.20

Post by etomlinson » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:13 am

jbouley";p="93543" wrote:What the hell did I do to Cohosh since the last time I tested him without knowing it? 8-O
Um, well, he drops REAL nice items that you can't use for 30 or 40 levels :evilbun:
Last edited by etomlinson on Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:46 pm

Well, I'll need to fix that. You may not be able to use them, but that makes for an easy way to make a bunch of money, in a mod where there's probably already too much money available to characters ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:32 pm

The High Council members are just as weird... All of them except Mafer Dragonhand seem to drop battle gaunlets, chaos armor, troll belts, and bone visages all the time... in normal. Easy, easy money.

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:43 pm

strangely, all the items Mafer drops in normal mode are from the Tranghoul necro set, but just magic. the same for Kosoch and the M'avina set...
I'm just a french fan..

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:48 pm

Some sub-bosses are set up to drop items from various sets, but that should primarily be happening in Nightmare/Hell, not Normal. I'll look into it.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

xantus

Post by xantus » Thu May 01, 2003 4:46 am

just adding that I second these moneyrich drops, both the smith and council members, every time, a bit nutty for normal. :)
(now i can sell the items cohosh dropped, i'd been keeping them in my stash cause I thought I was lucky)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu May 01, 2003 5:01 am

Well, don't toss them away if you definitely want to use them later...I cannot guarantee they'll still drop after I "fix" things ;)
-Jeff Bouley

xantus

Post by xantus » Thu May 01, 2003 6:02 am

i dunno, i just feel the idea kinda takes away from collecting sets, cause bam, you get the whole thing at once, from just one guy(or for the necro, 5 times in act 3)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu May 01, 2003 6:25 pm

Point well taken...perhaps I'll simply make all those guys drop set items in general primarily, so that what DOES drop will be more random...I don't know...it's such a toss-up between making it easier to get the sets and not TOO easy.
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri May 02, 2003 8:01 am

I'm a little confused by comments about the High Council's drops...aside from adding ingots to their treasure drops, I changed nothing about their drops, really...nothing as significant as what's mentioned here at least.

As for the others, they should be dropping sets far less often in Nightmare.

But even here, I'm confused...I didn't change the treasure drops for these sub-bosses in Normal enough to have items like you guys describe drop.

So, this is really confusing.
-Jeff Bouley

xantus

Post by xantus » Sat May 03, 2003 5:38 am

I think you may have somehow switched their normal and nightmare drops....having just killed the council in NM and they dropped things like shaman flags, ambrosias, rare short bow...all normal type stuff(though they did drop a dwarf star :))... only 1 set item(and it was death's hand) they did drop an ingot, so you got that right :D hehe... maybe this helps

hmm...meph in NM also dropped pretty low stuff...
Last edited by xantus on Sat May 03, 2003 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat May 03, 2003 5:43 am

That was one of the first things I checked, actually. Everything seems to be in its proper place (both in monstats.txt and superuniques.txt...and the TreasureClassEx.txt entries are right, too)...which is weird.

I don't know how they could be reversing like that. I'd hate to switch the data between the Normal and Nightmare (or might it be Hell?) Treasure Classes and find that things are worse. :roll:

Oh, well, more testing...more delays. :cry:
-Jeff Bouley

xantus

Post by xantus » Sat May 03, 2003 5:54 am

i also remember duriel and andariel dropping some pretty low stuff too in my progression through NM.... well... diablo'll be the test in an hour probably :)

edit: also... the arachnid totem and jailer totem both give % to cast grim ward in helms :P

edit2:sigh...sorry to report, NM hephaisto also dropped... um..well, ambrosia, shaman flag, el rune, rare short bow...

edit3: you must really hate me :) ... arachnid totem in a weapon gives...8% chance to cast level 8 Attack on striking(it gave grim ward in a helm)! um.. yeah... i think these are a bit broken :) (sorry to be pointing out all this stuff so close to release)

umm, yeah...and that results in a crash :)
Assertion Failure
Expression : Item assigned a skill effect, but the skill should not do effects
Amusing in that crying, sniffling, why dont things work right way :)
Last edited by xantus on Sat May 03, 2003 10:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Sat May 03, 2003 12:00 pm

xantus";p="95510" wrote: edit3: you must really hate me :) ... arachnid totem in a weapon gives...8% chance to cast level 8 Attack on striking(it gave grim ward in a helm)! um.. yeah... i think these are a bit broken :) (sorry to be pointing out all this stuff so close to release)

umm, yeah...and that results in a crash :)
Assertion Failure
Expression : Item assigned a skill effect, but the skill should not do effects
Amusing in that crying, sniffling, why dont things work right way :)
the game crashed simply because Attack is not the name of a skill...
When you put 2 or more items that give a %-to-skill in a single item, it creatse weird "random" effects.it's the same if you try to put many "+to-skills"...
I'm just a french fan..

xantus

Post by xantus » Sat May 03, 2003 7:27 pm

*nods and thinks*yes....the weapon did already have a chance to cast skill on it...*goes to test*
ahh...alllrighty, jailer totem worked...*notes* so only 1 skill per item
Last edited by xantus on Sat May 03, 2003 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Sat May 03, 2003 7:37 pm

I think some of the Courier bag charms I made had charges of "Attack". Wow... now I can attack! 8-O

I don't think the charges were functional though...

xantus

Post by xantus » Sat May 03, 2003 11:15 pm

well, aside from the bugs, just had to put this somewhere... dragonlord rods rock!, very cool idea jbouley :)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun May 04, 2003 6:22 pm

xantus";p="95711" wrote:well, aside from the bugs, just had to put this somewhere... dragonlord rods rock!, very cool idea jbouley :)
There's even a set version of the Dragonlord Rod, if I recall (Hratethos' set, I think). ;)

As for the skills problem...yes, you have to watch out what you socket. Clues appear in the game to warn you of this effect, and I think my readme file also includes a warning about this. :)

I am stunned as to how in the world Normal monsters are dropping Nightmare or Hell drops and NM monsters are dropping crap...has this been happening throughout all versions of SiC or just since 2.20 came out?

This really makes no sense at all, because all the data are in the proper columns. :roll:
-Jeff Bouley

xantus

Post by xantus » Sun May 04, 2003 11:24 pm

wish i could help, but i dont know thing one about modding

hell seems to be in order though... blood raven gave me mavina's set, instead of cohosh dropping the magical version in normal(havent gotten to cohosh yet in hell)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon May 05, 2003 5:06 am

How terribly odd...oh, well, just when I thought I was on the verge of releasing 2.21 :roll: I'll have to do some testing to see what you guys are seeing (since I haven't played through the mod in ages) and then test some changes to see if I can get sub-bosses to drop like they should be.

Someone suggested in this thread that Andy is dropping oddly, though no one has said Baal, Duriel, Mephisto or Diablo are...that's even weirder.

I was starting to think the problem was the superuniques.txt file (which controls sub-bossed like Bishibosh, Rakanisu, the Smith, Treehead Woodfist, etc. (of course, I'm using the original vanilla D2 names for these guys right now). But Andy is a "real" boss, and her drops have nothing to do with that file.

Hmmmm...this could be a tough one to solve. :(
-Jeff Bouley

kyrasantae

Post by kyrasantae » Mon May 05, 2003 5:42 am

I was playing with my lvl11 sorc and there was this one time I was fending off a bunch of skellies that were packed all around me...but then after I killed them all I couldn't move! I can do everything else but actually walk or run anywhere even though the walking animation shows. What's up with that? I didn't have the teleport skill so I couldn't try teleporting. So I cast a TP and went through it, but then I still couldn't move while i was back in town. I had to quit and restart the game to get myself un'stuck' again, as it were :/

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon May 05, 2003 5:46 am

I think I froze once for no discernable reason. As far as I know, this isn't a major bug that happens a lot, but let me know if you see it again and under what circumstances.
-Jeff Bouley

xantus

Post by xantus » Mon May 05, 2003 6:31 am

sometimes while in fire, or being hit...i think while being damaged, you can run, but you wont move for a little bit, running in place as it were...

BJ

Post by BJ » Tue May 13, 2003 12:26 pm

I remember when I was running through D2exp act5 with a spearzon using the chain-lightning equivalent jabbing skill the freezing happened a lot (so bad I couldn't actually get through the frozen river using the skill). I couldn't actually hit anyone or use a skill, while they're (slowly) killing me.

It happens in SiC too a couple of times in the past... maybe when I was clicking and pressing keys a lot. Can't remember much more.

V8
Warrior

Post by V8 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:47 am

Alright, this bug i've seen before but not in this case, while soketing my unique helm, i came across this http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/bone/im ... hot001.jpg
theres a screen shot, now i have no idea what the +%D to passive skills does, but theres a conection to a bug in normal diablo II. I created a jewel with the almost the same attribute +%D javeln and spear skills, i put 2 of them into a armour and this happens, http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/bone/im ... hot002.jpg
everything above the +%D javeln skills thingy just egnore but benith it, this amazes me, but when you put 2 more of the jewels into it, http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/bone/im ... hot003.jpg
Can anyone tell me what the HeII is going on? Now please no one try to make these jewels, it corruptes your character if you save and exit with them soketed inside em, i opend this char (READ ONLY) therefor it does not save my character when I save and exit.
[align=center]Madness [fade]The Only Sane thing left.[/fade][/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]

Return to “Arcanum Archives”