Version 2.2 of SiC is ready...I think

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Version 2.2 of SiC is ready...I think

Post by jbouley » Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:24 am

Assuming I haven't somehow botched the .zip file or packing the patch_d2.mpq file, version 2.2 of Sanctuary in Chaos is now ready.

I have two downloads available. One contains the patch file, the 1.09b .dll files, and the readme file (in .doc and .txt formats). The other one is just the patch file (because you probably have the 1.09b .dll files if you're already a player and the readme files didn't change significantly...and I'd like to save you a couple megabytes of download time if I can).

Full .zip File:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... d_2-20.zip

Patch Only:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... h_2-20.zip

Enjoy...and let me know if there are any lingering problems. :)
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Re: Version 2.2 of SiC is ready...I think

Post by Max-Violence » Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:34 am

Heh, I came to the forum just now to look up the "exceptional weapon -> elite weapon" cube formula, and *pop* 2.2 is ready for DL.

There isn't an emoticon for the joy I have right now. Unfortunately, it's 2:30 AM...

Screw it, sleep can wait for an hour :mrgreen:

EDIT: JB... dude... buddy... you didn't change the Bone Razors on the Imperial Orb... I thought there was a discussion on this? The extreme amounts of lag it creates in multiplayer... can't seem to find the exact thread... just a change to a less graphic-intensive spell is all that was asked... I think a change to Damnation Sphere would be pretty neat -- lots of lil' explosions every now and then (unless yer an assassin, frenzy-barb or a zeal/fanatisicm paladin. Then it's every now and over and over and over... :mrgreen:). Just don't make it a freezing spell (uberness) or a different gfx-intense spell. Oh, and not Amp Dam. (uber) or Planetshift (annoying). Something gfx-lite yet useful... Damnation Sphere maybe? :D

Alrighty... bedtime...
Last edited by Max-Violence on Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:24 pm

My bad...for some reason I thought that turned out to be an isolated problem and kind of got brushed aside as an issue.

If we're still having serious lag with that, by all means everyone let me know and I'll add that to changes over the next week or two for 2.21 ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Adam Diggins
Location: My Command center/Shrine/Lair/comproom on the Hell Hammer

Post by Adam Diggins » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:36 pm

Woohoo! Release! You rule Jeff!!! Just in time too for me to warm up after spenign 8 hours tromping through snow on ski trials :D
The light @ the end of the tunnel is usually an incoming prime evil!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:51 pm

NOTE to set item testers:

To all of those who tested set items, here is your "reward":
The secret recipe to make the new sets is still active (though I added one ingredient: a perfect gem). You'll have to find the base items yourself, but you can make those updated versions of the set items if you like. Feedback on the revised sets would be appreciated, of course. :)

By the way, Hratethos' Orbit is no longer a warp orb...it's a dragonlord rod now (and I nerfed the dragonlord rods...hopefully enough to make them useful but no longer uber)
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:16 am

Tripped across a "bug"

I had added a new charm with a similar recipe as the jewel charms called Hratethos' Memorium...but the recipe seems to have vanished in between making it and releasing the mod.

I must have pasted over those rows in the cubemain.txt file. I will restore the recipe in 2.21, which I expect to be releasing in no more than a week.
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:49 am

jbouley" wrote:The secret recipe to make the new sets is still active.
JB = The Man

Just so I'm clear: Is the absolute highest level requirement in the entire mod 60, or just for set items?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:10 am

Actually, there are some set items with higher than level 60 requirement, and a few high-powered charms that require higher than 60.

But for the most part, basic weapons and armor don't exceed level 60 requirements, and I think I capped the rune level requirements at 50 or 60 for the Zod.

I didn't ever want to cap everything at 60...but I wanted to make the vast majority of stuff usable by then...given how slowly you start leveling around that point or soon thereafter.
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:41 am

Whelp, I've yet to see anything with a lvl req of over 60, although I've never seen the "famous" super Runeword.

I have, however, figured out one of the new charms one can make! :mrgreen:

*strolls casually over to the spoiler Cube Formula thread*

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:26 pm

*confused*

so, in other words for concerned dial-up users. Would you be changing the .DLL files as well or will they be compatable with 2.21 when its released o_O

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:25 am

I've never edited the .dll files. However, my mod doesn't work right in 1.09d because of some bugs Blizzard created. So, you need the 1.09b .dll files in place while playing my mod.

For people who've already been playing it, they no doubt already have the 1.09b file...so I figured I'd shave a couple megs off for those folks.
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:31 am

Yea, the Bone Razors on the Imperial Orb definately needs to go. That orb + infernal charm + tundra charm + fast attacking = horrible framterate, even on a good computer in singleplayer.

My heart goes out to those who play with someone who uses those things in multiplayer...

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:57 am

Hey, finally there's a downside to too many charms ;)

I'll "fix" the Imperial Orb.

I've also been told the jewel charm recipes aren't working anymore...can anyone else besides Adam Diggins confirm that befor I start digging into the file and messing anything up?

Expect a 2.21 by either this weekend or beginning of next week.

In addition to releasing a new patch, I may release an "installation packet." I suspect that making a .zip of the files and programs needed for inserted the few modded files I have will be smaller than the patch itself. But we'll see after I explore a bit more. If I'm right, that will make it much nicer for dialup users to go from 2.2 to 2.21
-Jeff Bouley

SanSahanSan

Post by SanSahanSan » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:22 am

Woohoo Someone else finally found that bug with the razors on imp orb :)

Hehe - JB - I know how you got confused - I cited two issues with it originally (3 technically :))
1) It didn't work right playing on a game hosted by a nother comp in my LAN (turns out, he didn't have the B dlls, I did :) )

2) It LAGGED the game beyond belief in MP - especially on a lvl65 assassin running on 24 speed burst with increased attack speeds and ignore target defense weaponry :)

3) You could generate as many ORBS as your inventory could hold (wheeee razors EVERYWHERE!!!!!)

lol

Might I suggest a increase in damage percentile instead? similar/related overall end effect and doesn't have any of the problems above (cept maybe #3 - but after all, if you give up that much inventory space, you should get something, right?)

hehe
To say that you would prevent someone from doing something merely means that you would prefer them to find an alternative method for doing it.

DreamBreaker
Paladin

About the imperial orb...

Post by DreamBreaker » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:17 pm

well, I don't think adding new effect to this POWERFULL item would be a good idea for the game balance...removing the bone razors will certainly not make it weaker...
I didn't play the v2.2 a lot, but I noticed some details that could be bugs:

- You seems to have fixed a lot of the freakin' values of gems, but some powers, like +to skill, remain "changing"...let it on purpose?
- Magical ADAMEMENT MAULS have a black background.
- CONSTRICTING RING is a lvl 50 item only Waouu!!!!
- in the item list of the set whith throwing hammer(can't remember the name) , there's an empty zone, as thought a name is missing...

- The Hammer of God still doesn't seem to make cold damages (not sure because I haven't tested it...)
I'm just a french fan..

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: About the imperial orb...

Post by jbouley » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:05 am

DreamBreaker";p="62771" wrote:well, I don't think adding new effect to this POWERFULL item would be a good idea for the game balance...removing the bone razors will certainly not make it weaker...
With the ability to add so many gems, this charm isn't likely to become a weakling. I will probably change Bone Razors to Damnation Sphere of fairly high level (since Damnation Sphere is level 1 spell).
- You seems to have fixed a lot of the freakin' values of gems, but some powers, like +to skill, remain "changing"...let it on purpose?
I left a few alone. I figure the few remaining won't hurt y'all's eyes too much. ;)
- Magical ADAMEMENT MAULS have a black background.
Will look into this. A few item gfx have slipped by me.
- CONSTRICTING RING is a lvl 50 item only Waouu!!!!
I made a decision early on that all elite uniques would be usable at 50. Is the constricting ring too powerful to allow this, even with it's penalties?
- in the item list of the set whith throwing hammer(can't remember the name) , there's an empty zone, as thought a name is missing...
Display bug that's been pointed out to me already...don't know what's causing it.
- The Hammer of God still doesn't seem to make cold damages (not sure because I haven't tested it...)
I thought I took out all mention of cold in the skill name/description...did I miss one? It's fire only, despite my best intentions
-Jeff Bouley

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:27 am

[quote=jbouley";p="62919"]
I thought I took out all mention of cold in the skill name/description...did I miss one? It's fire only, despite my best intentions
[/quote]

OOPS!you're right, I just fogot to verify since I play v2.2.... :oops:

About the constricting ring: YES ! It's TOO powerful!! +90% res-all, +15 res-max-all, drain life -30 (of course!), an + 150% item finding....for a lvl 50 item...
with it, + unique dimentionnal coat (+15 res-all)+ 3 Imperial orbs, my lvl 67 sorc. has 95 res to all, with fir absord(65% 8-O ), cold absorb, and ligthning absorb... :twisted:

I i don't play as often as it looks...

for the imperial orb, it's clear that it's to powerfull too... maybe making its recipe more difficult to make (+ZOD?, +Unique?),could balance it...
I'm just a french fan..

Max-Violence
Paladin

Re: About the imperial orb...

Post by Max-Violence » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:32 am

jbouley" wrote:
DreamBreaker" wrote:well, I don't think adding new effect to this POWERFULL item would be a good idea for the game balance...removing the bone razors will certainly not make it weaker...
With the ability to add so many gems, this charm isn't likely to become a weakling. I will probably change Bone Razors to Damnation Sphere of fairly high level (since Damnation Sphere is level 1 spell).
Yaaaaay! :mrgreen:
JB" wrote:
The skill description in 2.2 doesn't mention cold damage at all. I think DreamBreaker thought you were going to fix the skill to do cold damage on impact as you originally intended (as did I).

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:24 pm

If I knew how to hex edit the .dll files, I probably would have made Hammer of God do what I wanted. But I don't...so I can't :(

The Imperial Orb...maybe I should change the recipe...might not be a bad idea.

I suppose I'll have to do something about the Constricting Ring, too and up its level to 75 or thereabouts. This may or may not affect people who already have it...I just don't know since I haven't changed the level requirements for uniques since starting SiC, and I'm not sure if the protections on uniques and sets will ensure that it remains at the level it was when you first picked it up.
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:21 pm

Making the Imperial Orb more difficult to create would be a good idea, although with a level req of 60, you might not want to make it too hard to get (i.e. don't throw a Zod into the formula -- I have enough trouble getting them as it is...).

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:22 am

jbouley" wrote:If I knew how to hex edit the .dll files, I probably would have made Hammer of God do what I wanted. But I don't...so I can't :(
I know you have been reluctant (same as Khan), and you certainly have enough on your plate right now. But many changes can be made working right from spin's DLL Offset spreadsheet. And there are quite a few people who could offer tips as you work your way to a specific effect. Hex editing is easy enough if you are just modifying values and aren't trying to change the underlying code.

But in any case, some of the things that currently take DLL editing to accomplish may soon become txt file changes, if Blizzard ever gets that dratted patch out.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:41 am

I think even with help, I'd be hard-pressed to figure out how to get Hammer of God to bend to my will. The fact is, .txt file changes should have made the missile do cold damage (and the burning ground of course would automatically do fire damage). ;)
-Jeff Bouley

DreamBreaker
Paladin

speaking of overpowerfull items...

Post by DreamBreaker » Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:21 pm

I just found the unique wihclan visors:"Glory of the mage Wars"wich give my lvl 69 sorc +224 strenght 8-O ,+129 dex, +181 vit, +207 life, + 86 max damage, (all are depending of level ) + 53 life, -32 mana...
Its just a lvl 21 item...
Is it normal that the values grow so fast with levels???

Hey,and what about adding the "whatarmorpluggin" in the next release of SIC?? you know, the one that have been had on the prozenkeep, that makes every armor to have a different look.
I'm just a french fan..

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:13 pm

Glory of the Mage Wars...ugh...the biggest bane of my existence. Had the knowledge about itemstatcost.txt existed when I first made SiC, negative modifiers could have been more severe (I cannot change that aspect of the mod now, as it would corrupt all existing characters).

In that case, I could have truly done what I intended: severely hamper the sorc's spellcasting abilities (though not quite as much as a melee character) yet enable her to become a competent melee player. The item was supposed to allow the sorc to switch from spellcasting to melee and vice-versa...instead, it makes her uber. I think I need to completely and utterly nerf this item or make a 90th-level requirement on it for 2.21. :OI:

Incidentally, ALL of the new armors I added to the mod have different appearances than the original D2 armors, and are all distinct from each other.
Last edited by jbouley on Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:27 am

Slightly off-topic, but hey: Would I be correct to assume that characters in SiC won't work in RotOG?

Return to “Arcanum Archives”