Throwing barb possible?

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Throwing barb possible?

Post by Max-Violence » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:50 am

I'm planning on starting a Throwing barbarian in SiC, and I was wondering if those of you who've been through nightmare/hell difficulties think it's feasible for a throwing barb to make it all the way.

I had one in normal LoD who made it to Nightmare/act2, but by then, I got bored of normal LoD :D

Ideas, comments, tips?
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:22 am

I cannot personally comment on this, and I'm not sure if the various "throwing wands" work with the throwing mastery or not.

But...I can say that I will have at least one, probably two or three throwing-oriented sets for barbarians in version 2.20
:D
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:38 pm

With the new socketing and special throwing weapons, you can bet that throwing Barbarians are now very feasible; especially since most 'magical' throwing weapons (ie. arctic wand, thunder javelin) actually deal normal damage.

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:45 pm

Innnnnnnnnnnteresssssssssting...

I think I'll wait for v2.20 to try it out, though. Same deal with my current sword-barb -- I read that there's a bunch of phys-immunes in hell diff, so I think I'll hang around in nm/act5 and level up a bunch (I entered nm/act5 on level 47... is that bad?).

BTW, JB, is/are there going to be socketed throwing weapons? I don't think I've seen any so far.
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:40 am

Most throwing weapons should be socketable already. I think there's an issue where the game doesn't like to drop socketed throwing weapons, but you should (I think) be able to install sockets on them manually with the socketing items.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Arcanum Archives”