Spoiler-----cube recipies list here

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:06 pm

Currently, there are only two types of each mechnist weapon...two swords, two hammers, two staves and two bows...I may add a third variety of each in the next version, but I'm not sure yet.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:56 pm

Yea, the second sword (Teknus Longblade IIRC) is pretty good, but the combination of high stat req's and the fact that there are much better 1-handed swords out there (exceptional/elite war sword, long sword, and crystal sword to be exact), by the time one's character is able to use the thing (let alone put a decent Runeword in it), it's obsolete.

But sets come first for the next version :D
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:23 pm

I'll definitely work on those those mechanist weapons if I can.

Currently have 10 or 11 sets done...some general...some heavily oriented toward a certain class. I'll start a thread soon with some initial info, though I'm not sure I'll give away too much about the powers...maybe just general hints and what items are in the sets, as well as their names.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

40revs

Post by 40revs » Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:29 pm

Here's an idea for a set:

Maybe have each boss drop 7 items, all the same 'type' like body armor, belt, whatever. One for a set for each class. Each set would have 5 items, and you could only complete the set by beating all the bosses, and every class would have their set.

-Revs

Dragon^Gaist

Post by Dragon^Gaist » Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:34 am

it would be cool if andy, duriel, etc dropped some nicke items, andy drops good but duriel really sux :=) hope u have the time
Dead or Alive im back

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:17 pm

I'll look into Duriel and others.

As far as "boss" set drops...I have many superuniques set up to do just this (for class-related sets that already exist in the game)...especially at Nightmare and Hell levels, certain sets should drop partially or in their entirety from various bosses and superuniqes.

If they aren't, either something's wrong or you are running into the D2 bug whereby if you travel too far away from a superunique, it seems to take on Bishibosh's treasure class instead of it's assigned treasure class.

I have so many different variations of class sets right now in my new stuff that it wouldn't be feasible...I already have two different doubl-swing sets for barbs (both of them mace-based...one with mace and morningstar and the other with some melee bracer-type items.
-Jeff Bouley

Dragon^Gaist

Post by Dragon^Gaist » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:38 pm

yeah well im gonna post some new (i think) repices :)
well here goes: Nightmare wep + perf gem + a rune + several (12?)magic stones Will make the elite counterpart

Med.Root+ P.Heart = Med.Box
P.Brain + Stamina.P = Magus mead

there thats all for now :D[/b]
Dead or Alive im back

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:43 pm

At some point in the (relatively) near future, I'll probably compile the recipes revealed here into a single post in a new spoiler thread and close this one off...that way, we can start "clean" with stuff easier to find and people can add new posts onto that new thread as the decide to reveal more. :)
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:52 pm

Dragon^Gaist" wrote: Nightmare wep + perf gem + a rune + several (12?)magic stones Will make the elite counterpart
*drools*

By "nightmare wep" you mean exceptional, right? i.e. great sword -> executioner's blade -> collosus sword (iirc)

*slobber*

Dragon^Gaist

Post by Dragon^Gaist » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:51 pm

yeah thats it :) but my english really really suck but hey thats real life right?? :P
Dead or Alive im back

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:07 am

Hey JB - I finally finished act1 with my sorc, and I got the mechanist's staff.

Why, exactly, does it require 35 dex? Are there any other staves in the game that require any dex at all? ;)

*hint, hint*

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:57 pm

I will adjust some requirements for the mechanist weapons probably...but they are meant to be melee weapons primarily...so they are more suited to characters that engage in hand-to-hand combat, so I'm not likely to make them readily accessible for sorcs. ;)
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:50 pm

Who uses staves for combat? Do staves fall under the barb's Mace Mastery (since staves could feasibly be considered blunt objects)?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever used a staff for combat in D2 ever -- only time was in D1 Hellfire with a monk :D

pjotr95

Post by pjotr95 » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:16 pm

i think 3 stones will be sufficient for the elite counterpart of an exceptional weapon btw

40revs

Post by 40revs » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:42 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but staffs fall into the Staff class, and Mace Mastery has no effect on them. I think that if it doesn't say mace class, the mastery doesn't apply.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:52 pm

You know, it's funny, but I don't play barbs much and always thought they had a staff mastery, too. Ah well.

In any case, I'll see about either making the staves more sorc-friendly and/or making them polearm class.

I'll probably do both...but at the least, I'll do one or the other. :)
-Jeff Bouley

KillBurn

Post by KillBurn » Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:23 pm

make em polearm class :) that would be cool cause then we could use em with barbs :mrgreen:
there is no spoon

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:27 am

That was actually my thought. :D I kind of fancy the idea of a staff-wielding barb. It's...different ;)

Making it more usable for sorcs is less likely, though I may do that as well.
-Jeff Bouley

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:54 am

Couldn't you make a polearm version for a barb and a staff version for a sorc?

Or would that upset some harmonious balance in SiC? :mrgreen:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:03 pm

If I can come up with a suitable set of ingredients for a sorc mech staff and slip the clue in somewhere by the time I release v. 2.2, it's certainly an option. :mrgreen:
-Jeff Bouley

Untamed
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Untamed » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:42 pm

im pretty sure that staffs used to work with mace mastery, but blizz changed it... but that led to some staf-barb variants with mace mastery.. they should make it work with mace mastery again because then there would actually be a use for the ribcracker(?) excep unique staff..

no new recipies sorry
Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot.

Adam Diggins
Location: My Command center/Shrine/Lair/comproom on the Hell Hammer

Post by Adam Diggins » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:32 pm

Massive spoiler:

Who wants to know the results for etherseeking?????

If everyone shows intrest (& Jeff agrees) I'll post my chart
The light @ the end of the tunnel is usually an incoming prime evil!!!

Dragon^Gaist

Post by Dragon^Gaist » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:17 pm

think i have found that one for a long time ago :P
but its in my txt file and again im too lazy to post it :mrgreen:
Dead or Alive im back

Adam Diggins

Post by Adam Diggins » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:36 am

jbouley" wrote:To show that I really am still alive, and not a bad guy, I'll contribute a little to this thread.

First off, I think the oil of etherealness works with magic items, too.

And there's another substance you can use to get around the no-repair problem with ethereal items once you've made one....because it grants indestructibility. Shouldn't take too long to figure out which substance that is.
;)
It will also work on unqiues, & sets. It will *not* work on socketable items, although I dunno about the mech stuff or rares...

Adam Diggins

Post by Adam Diggins » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:53 am

sorry for the double post, but i have a question & it will probly get noticed easier if I make it seperate (sorry jeff, I'm too lazy to wait till you arrive to ask)

The necro charm has 5 sockets...what do charms count ass when you put somethign in? shield????

Return to “Arcanum Archives”