Calling All Testers! - Round 1 of SiC for 1.10 testing

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Calling All Testers! - Round 1 of SiC for 1.10 testing

Post by jbouley » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:52 pm

Ok, folks, it's alpha testing time. Round 1 of SiC testing for D2 patch 1.10 will begin soon,.

This is very EARLY testing, and will focus on very specific aspects of game structure. In this case, for this test, the focus will be on items...buying them, using them, finding them, etc. We want to identify whether any inventory images are screwy or missing, whether sounds are wrong, whether items don't work, and so on.

If you're interested in being part of this test (and others down the line as more files are ported over), let me know in this thread. The sooner we have tests finished, the faster SiC for 1.10 will come out, and the more chance that I can develop the next mod, SiC: Old Gods.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Malachor
Paladin

Post by Malachor » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:08 am

Cool :)
O-H I'd love to test it

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:10 am

Yeah! Sic again!
Can I be part of the testing crew?
I'm just a french fan..

NewYevonRule

Re: Calling All Testers! - Round 1 of SiC for 1.10 testing

Post by NewYevonRule » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:45 am

I'm all for it, count me in.
Last edited by NewYevonRule on Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kunzen

Post by kunzen » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:35 pm

Count me in.......

Ready for SiC....again!
My dad is stronger than yours...!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:06 am

Just letting y'all know that I've been to this thread, and you'll all be in on the testing as soon as the first alpha version is ready. No specific timetable...but hopefully soon.
:)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

mmamono

Post by mmamono » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:50 am

:arrow: I'd like to help too

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:51 pm

mmamono";p="196469" wrote::arrow: I'd like to help too
Duly noted
:)
-Jeff Bouley

taosk8r
Paladin

Post by taosk8r » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:42 pm

I'm down to help out too.. My access to the game is a bit sporadic, but I am somewhat of an experienced tester so, Jeff if you or someone will PM me on where to get the needed files I will test it as much as possible and let ya know if I find anything that needs fixing (which I am assuming won't be too much due to your experience and previous record with SiC)..

JaHalk

Post by JaHalk » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:03 am

I would like to help. Although this is my first post I have been reading the forum for four or five years and playing mods even longer. I should have plenty of spare time on my hands this winter. And thanks to everyone that has helped with the mods I have enjoyed playing over the past years.

the panther
Paladin

Post by the panther » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:07 pm

i'll test your mod for you

DooMerPS

Post by DooMerPS » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:39 pm

*raises hand high*

Thunderstorm
Paladin

Post by Thunderstorm » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:09 pm

Count me in....

Sigilstun

Post by Sigilstun » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:30 pm

I'd love to be able to test out the mod for you.

I've been mostly a lurker around these parts, but am an experienced player so I hope I can be of assistance. :D

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:32 pm

Again, thanks to all the newest volunteers. Best estimate is that the first alpha should be no more than two weeks away (give or take). It might even be sooner if all goes well, as I will be finally able to give some help soon to my "mystery modder" who's doing much of the working of porting files over to 1.10.

(Many thanks to Emperor Diggins for helping out with some useful files to get me jump-started on the set items)

As always, will keep y'all posted...
Last edited by jbouley on Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:46 pm

Just an update here.

The first alpha mod is still moving along. My "associate" expects to be done with the files he's working on by the end of this week unless some crisis intervenes, and I am slowly but steadily forwarding set item information to him, which he will either do after completing the other files or while working on them...not sure which.

In any case, things are still moving forward. No set time for the first alpha release (and thus the start of testing), but as always, I will let you know how things are progressing.

In other news, I hope to work on an update of the Power Items: Overdrive mod, which is a much simpler affair than the SiC mod, and I'll keep people posted as I move forward on that mod's next update.
-Jeff Bouley

Abyssal_Nuclei

Post by Abyssal_Nuclei » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:43 pm

ill test
No one ever does any thing that they dont want to do. For example you might not enjoy working but not working would mean no money for whatever you like to do. So really it is a choice between working or no games (or whatever you do with your money). Most people would choose to work so in that case you did what you wanted to do. When you make a choice you are going down a path and you allways choose your path so you are allways doing what you want to do because the benefits of doing something that you dont enjoy are more important then the benefits of not doing what you dont enjoy at all.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:13 am

Been some small hangups in finishing the files for the first alpha test. They're mostly done, but getting them all the way there is taking longer than expected.

I'm confident it will come together sometime soon, and will report back when things seem closer to completion.
-Jeff Bouley

N.W.A

Post by N.W.A » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:27 pm

hmm i would like to test some of your mod :) i remember the good old days in 1.09
Lie Together Cry Together I Swear To God I Hope We Die Together
No Escape From The Fate That Awaits

Werehamster

Post by Werehamster » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:24 am

Sign me up! :)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - R.A. Heinlien

DISTURBED

Post by DISTURBED » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:05 pm

Has this mod been canceled or what? I havn't seen any updates to this in months..
To be deified in the imortal name.
to be known only under the circumstances of a disturbed kind.
forsaken and exiled from sanity. This is me.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:32 pm

Yes, read here. That's why it was moved to the unsupported mods category.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Return to “Arcanum Archives”